{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:58 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm

player ratings now on
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:47 pm

No team will be worried about playing us now that’s for sure.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:49 am

Hamilton - ‘moved position three times and did very little in each’. Sums up CJ, play him in whatever position he likes or the manager likes but he will very rarely turn a game or win a match.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:55 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:No team will be worried about playing us now that’s for sure.

To be sure, any decent Sunday League team with 4-5 'big lads' in their back line (which in effect is what Notts are) would make things difficult for us.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Hamilton - ‘moved position three times and did very little in each’. Sums up CJ, play him in whatever position he likes or the manager likes but he will very rarely turn a game or win a match.

Two goals v Cheltenham, winner at Colchester, opener v Bury, won the game against County, won the game against Port Vale.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Hamilton - ‘moved position three times and did very little in each’. Sums up CJ, play him in whatever position he likes or the manager likes but he will very rarely turn a game or win a match.

Two goals v Cheltenham, winner at Colchester, opener v Bury, won the game against County, won the game against Port Vale.

5 games out of a season of 50 plus games. Not the best rate of return for a ‘match winner’. Every time I see his name on the team sheet I hope that it is the footballer CJ that turns up but more often than not it isn’t.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:27 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

5 games out of a season of 50 plus games. Not the best rate of return for a ‘match winner’. Every time I see his name on the team sheet I hope that it is the footballer CJ that turns up but more often than not it isn’t.

Yeah you're right it's only an extra 10 points, let's get rid of them shall we and then see where we are.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Yeah you're right it's only an extra 10 points, let's get rid of them shall we and then see where we are.

My point is not about the points accrued when CJ is on song but more about the lack of consistency when not. This season he has had a solid defence behind him, a solid holding midfielder to ease his workload (Bishop), great creative midfielders (Mellis, Grant etc) and a centre forward from two divisions above (Walker) tonget on the end of his crosses. This could be a stand out season for him, a promotion season for him, a season at the end of which he has played that consistently well he disappears for big money but the consistency is not there. Which is a shame as on his day he is great to entertain and a match winner but not turned up for the last few games.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

My point is not about the points accrued when CJ is on song but more about the lack of consistency when not. This season he has had a solid defence behind him, a solid holding midfielder to ease his workload (Bishop), great creative midfielders (Mellis, Grant etc) and a centre forward from two divisions above (Walker) tonget on the end of his crosses. This could be a stand out season for him, a promotion season for him, a season at the end of which he has played that consistently well he disappears for big money but the consistency is not there. Which is a shame as on his day he is great to entertain and a match winner but not turned up for the last few games.

You're not wrong Spartacus, CONSISTENCY makes a great footballer, to do it week in week out more often than not. Non League is littered with players that 'on their day' are unplayable, but that day comes round once every 10-15 games or so. We had one, his name was Lindon Meikle and on his day he was unplayable but then you'd probably not notice him on the pitch for the next 10 games or you'd be pulling your hair out in frustration a bit like me watching CJ.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 am

CJ Hamilton had an off day on Saturday. He seemed to lack his usual zip. He gave up on chasing a few balls or pressing the keeper in the 1st half. He could have been subbed at half time. However I would stick with him as he has been one of our best players this season and is one of our main sources for goals and assists.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:15 am

CJ is a confidence player, when it’s not going our way or he’s not playing particularly well he goes missing.

If he starts the game well and the crowd are behind him he seems to flourish.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 am

CJ has been consistantly poor since someone posted on Soshul Meejah that he was worth a million quid.

Since the transfer window closed you could count the good games he's had on the fingers on an offensive gesture.

CJ is young and still has potential to be a very good left winger and at a pinch, he could play off the shoulder of a big unit type centre forward in a 4-3-3

What he isn't and never will be as long as he has a hole in his arse is a left wing back, or a right wing back, or a centre forward. He's so left footed it's bonkers to play him anywhere on the right. Any half decent defender will suss out his one trick for cutting inside very quickly and that's CJ out of the game.

I like him, but he's a chisel being used as a screwdriver, a hammer and a spanner. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:37 am

Sneag wrote:CJ has been consistantly poor since someone posted on Soshul Meejah that he was worth a million quid.

Since the transfer window closed you could count the good games he's had on the fingers on an offensive gesture.

CJ is young and still has potential to be a very good left winger and at a pinch, he could play off the shoulder of a big unit type centre forward in a 4-3-3

What he isn't and never will be as long as he has a hole in his arse is a left wing back, or a right wing back, or a centre forward. He's so left footed it's bonkers to play him anywhere on the right. Any half decent defender will suss out his one trick for cutting inside very quickly and that's CJ out of the game.

I like him, but he's a chisel being used as a screwdriver, a hammer and a spanner. :D

Agree but wouldn’t say no to him playing RW, a lot of his goals have come from cutting in on his led foot.

He needs to be as far forward as possible though to get the best out of him.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum