{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft post match

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Flitcroft post match

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Doing a fair impression of the Prime Minister here...

(for clarity of the above... it's all their fault, with added bonus of reasonable description of the inside of Megs ar*e)

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Flitcroft post match

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 am

The inept description about the team performance should in fact be describing his own assets. Starting a game again at home with ONE STRIKER on the pitch is unforgivable. Setting up a team not to lose BUT no chance of winning, better not to concede at all, than scoring more goals than you concede. Such a negative approach by a defensive manager who in defeat would rather blame his players rather than HIS system. His system will fail yet again and after it does he will be replaced. Should have been a lot sooner lets hope the next manager has an attacking mindset from day one.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:35 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:The inept description about the team performance should in fact be describing his own assets. Starting a game again at home with ONE STRIKER on the pitch is unforgivable. Setting up a team not to lose BUT no chance of winning, better not to concede at all, than scoring more goals than you concede. Such a negative approach by a defensive manager who in defeat would rather blame his players rather than HIS system. His system will fail yet again and after it does he will be replaced. Should have been a lot sooner lets hope the next manager has an attacking mindset from day one.
I think he summed it up perfectly.

In my opinion you are trying to sow some "Flitcroft out" seeds.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

But sacking managers when a club is almost there is not usually wise. I don't apologise for mentioning Notts County again as a shining example.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:44 am

Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:The inept description about the team performance should in fact be describing his own assets. Starting a game again at home with ONE STRIKER on the pitch is unforgivable. Setting up a team not to lose BUT no chance of winning, better not to concede at all, than scoring more goals than you concede. Such a negative approach by a defensive manager who in defeat would rather blame his players rather than HIS system. His system will fail yet again and after it does he will be replaced. Should have been a lot sooner lets hope the next manager has an attacking mindset from day one.
Could he have picked a stronger team, with what he had available ?

Did the players perform even at their medium level ?

The starting line up was okay and I think it may have snatched a 1-0 win.

The insane substitutions and the constant dicking around with the formation, especially the back line cost us the game.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:58 am

Amber Andy wrote:
I think he summed it up perfectly.

In my opinion you are trying to sow some "Flitcroft out" seeds.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

But sacking managers when a club is almost there is not usually wise. I don't apologise for mentioning Notts County again as a shining example.

Oh Andy as always you are wearing your rose coloured spectacles, I wish I had a pair, my whole life would be a lot better
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:02 am

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Could he have picked a stronger team, with what he had available ?

Did the players perform even at their medium level ?

The starting line up was okay and I think it may have snatched a 1-0 win.

The insane substitutions and the constant dicking around with the formation, especially the back line cost us the game.

Got to agree, DF comes across as very calm on the touchline, but in moments yesterday he lost composure and after the last Sub the players were totally lost as to the plan and what to do. First time for a while that we looked like headless chickens rushing around aimlessly
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 am

"The ball came back too easy from the top of the pitch".....................????????????????

What do you expect when you just pump the ball forward to two of the most inept aerial forwards in the Leage? Tyler Walker and CJs skills are with the ball in front of them on the ground not competing with 6ft 2 physical defenders...............Walker won one flick on today and CJ might as well not have jumped the 6 inches he managed but its not their fault......why doesnt he see the ineptitude of such a tactic......but then of course "we're going to work on it in training all week" .....and still look the same next Saturday.

I was elated to get DF when the fat boy jumped ship and have stuck by him but I cant be the only one switching off to his Plan A tactics and boring .....rambling....and did I say boring.....post match interviews where you quickly click off because youve forgotten what the question was in the first place?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am

Question for DF.

Why did you and your players not see that Walker didn't win a header in 90 mins, but persist in punting it up to him.

Why did you and your players not notice that Nicky Hunt, second oldest player on the pitch, didn't need to break sweat, he just headed away for 90 mins.

The inability of the managrment and your players to change things re, play it on the ground, astounds us all.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:"The ball came back too easy from the top of the pitch".....................????????????????

What do you expect when you just pump the ball forward to two of the most inept aerial forwards in the Leage? Tyler Walker and CJs skills are with the ball in front of them on the ground not competing with 6ft 2 physical defenders...............Walker won one flick on today and CJ might as well not have jumped the 6 inches he managed but its not their fault......why doesnt he see the ineptitude of such a tactic......but then of course "we're going to work on it in training all week" .....and still look the same next Saturday.

Exactly what I was thinking listening to him again you could roll any of the post match vids from County, Crawley , Vale games and still no sign of improvement in tactics . Get Rose fit ASAP at least he will put the graft in for 90 mins .

I was elated to get DF when the fat boy jumped ship and have stuck by him but I cant be the only one switching off to his Plan A tactics and boring .....rambling....and did I say boring.....post match interviews where you quickly click off because youve forgotten what the question was in the first place?
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:"The ball came back too easy from the top of the pitch".....................????????????????

Exactly what I was thinking listening to him again you could roll any of the post match vids from County, Crawley , Vale games and still no sign of improvement in tactics . Get Rose fit ASAP at least he will put the graft in for 90 mins .

...and you’re repeating this quote why, Billy?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:31 pm

He's inserted his comments between the second and third original paragraphs
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:He's inserted his comments between the second and third original paragraphs

Ohhh! That’s FAR too clever for me :(
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum