{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Play off thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 100% Play Offs

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:35 am

adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Incredible how we’ve gone from being well clear of 4th with a game in hand to this. The last month has been pitiful. We have to get behind the boys more than ever now, and hopefully we will have enough to get 3rd place. If not we can still do it via the play offs. COYS

As mentioned elsewhere given the capitulation under flitcroft last season (though only half his fault) you’d have thought he would be aware to the warning signs.

He’s now had a year and the same is happening. It’s not good enough.

Rubbish to those who say we’re ungreatful to be 4th - I’m delighted to see the club on an upward curve, but given his budget is a promotion budget he should produce this.
Budgets don't guarantee success or promotion. Notts County are a good example of this.

Injuries have a bigger impact. We have suffered worse than most this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:53 am

Hjeldefan wrote:
Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Incredible how we’ve gone from being well clear of 4th with a game in hand to this. The last month has been pitiful. We have to get behind the boys more than ever now, and hopefully we will have enough to get 3rd place. If not we can still do it via the play offs. COYS

As mentioned elsewhere given the capitulation under flitcroft last season (though only half his fault) you’d have thought he would be aware to the warning signs.

Rubbish to those who say we’re ungreatful to be 4th - I’m delighted to see the club on an upward curve, but given his budget is a promotion budget he should produce this.

You truly are unbelievable.

What has he said that is wrong?

Not a lot.

He’s been given a promotion budget, which is well established. Failure to get promoted would be a failure, it’s black and white and pretty simple.

We’ve 7 games left to go and there’s a chance it could be turned around, the lack of a plan B is a big concern
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:12 am

We got behind them at Clownty, Vale, and against Lincoln and yesterday. Did it make any difference?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:34 am

We didn’t sing at either county or Port Vale, the ‘support’ for those numbers was quite embarrasing.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:43 am

adamstag wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:

What has he said that is wrong?

Not a lot.

He’s been given a promotion budget, which is well established. Failure to get promoted would be a failure, it’s black and white and pretty simple.

We’ve 7 games left to go and there’s a chance it could be turned around, the lack of a plan B is a big concern

Agreed
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby jpstags » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:45 am

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:

And you are stupid/naive if your happy with what is happening, it's been coming for months.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:55 am

I don't think you'll find the 'nerve', you are looking for in a team that has had so many loan players in 1 season.

The loan model doesn't win promotion. It should be used to plug 1 or 2 gaps, not form the mainstay of the team.

If they get to the playoffs, it will be interesting.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:00 am

BigGuy wrote:We didn’t sing at either county or Port Vale, the ‘support’ for those numbers was quite embarrasing.

As was the performance by the team from minute one. When you're having the run around from teams regularly getting tonked by other teams and turning in such ineptitude it's hard for even the most staunch and loyal fan to muster any sort of positivity.

There was simply nothing to sing/shout about at Notts.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:01 am

If they make the playoffs the oanees might turn up as the games will be on TV.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:29 am

Can you honestly see us winning the play offs on our current form?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:06 am

Thread title should be changed to "100% league two" going by our form last few months I really can'tn't see us getting automatics and doubt we have it in us to win play offs, yesterday was a seriously sickening gut punch of a wake up call
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:16 am

oldweststander wrote:Can you honestly see us winning the play offs on our current form?

Can you honestly see us MAKING the play offs on our current form?
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:49 am

BoughtonStag71 wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Can you honestly see us winning the play offs on our current form?

Can you honestly see us MAKING the play offs on our current form?

Blimey! I’m being blown away by rampant optimism, here.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:57 pm

MK are above us... they went on a really bad run and were in the middle of the play off pack, few wins in a row and they're back up there.

Heres Hoping we can do the same. COYS its not over yet.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Sedgwick wrote:MK are above us... they went on a really bad run and were in the middle of the play off pack, few wins in a row and they're back up there.

Heres Hoping we can do the same. COYS its not over yet.

The problem being is they went 4 games without a win while maintaining a record of 12 points from 24.

We’ve been dodgy from the new year and gained 8 points from 8 games, I think what makes fans nervous is that he did just this last season and achieved the impossible of managing us out of the playoffs, though the players didn’t help.

It’s time for him to earn his corn and go win at Exeter.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:53 pm

There is know way we will make automatics and we will be lucky if we make the play-offs. I am sorry to say there is only three players who really want promotion for themselves, for the Club, for the fans and for Town of Mansfield. They Pearce, Hamilton and Benning. The others are just turning up for their pay-packet
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Paulstag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:57 pm

ladybr00kjohn wrote:There is know way we will make automatics and we will be lucky if we make the play-offs. I am sorry to say there is only three players who really want promotion for themselves, for the Club, for the fans and for Town of Mansfield. They Pearce, Hamilton and Benning. The others are just turning up for their pay-packet

Hamilton????

What about Sweeney, Preston and Macca?
I feel these 3 are totally committed to the club as well.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:10 pm

What about Bishop :o
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Paulstag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:27 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:What about Bishop :o

Yep, sorry i missed Bishop of my additional 3.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:28 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:What about Bishop :o

I don’t think Paul could have actually been watching the Stags this season!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Am I still right in thinking if we win every game we finish 3rd? Can Tranny scupper that? I know we won’t as we’re struggling to win one game, but you just never know.....it’s the hope that kills ya!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:13 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Am I still right in thinking if we win every game we finish 3rd? Can Tranny scupper that? I know we won’t as we’re struggling to win one game, but you just never know.....it’s the hope that kills ya!!!

Technically we could win every game and be level on points with MK and goal difference would decide it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 pm

adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Am I still right in thinking if we win every game we finish 3rd? Can Tranny scupper that? I know we won’t as we’re struggling to win one game, but you just never know.....it’s the hope that kills ya!!!

Technically we could win every game and be level on points with MK and goal difference would decide it

Last game at MK - it’s fated!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:38 pm

adamstag wrote:

Tranmere are two points behind with a game in hand, so if they win every game, we can't catch them. So technically it is not in our own hands.

Realistically however, of course it is in our own hands.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Field Mill » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:47 pm

It's far from in our own hands now Martin Im afraid.On current form and in all probability we will finish well behind MK and Tranmere. I hope I'm wrong but I see us finishing 6th or seventh. My original post was making the point that we are far from top 3 material. Look what Lincoln did at Crawley yesterday. That's what top
3 teams do. We are, and have been a Country Mile from that for a long time.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum