{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Team v Exeter

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Team v Exeter

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Need a bit of fire. Players with something to prove.

Smith
Preston Pearce Sweeney
Jones Bishop Tomlinson Benning
Mellis khan
Ajose.

Artell was bang on the money, we faded after an hour or so. Let's give frong players a chance. After an hour we can play bring on Grant, Walker and CJ.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:32 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Sweeney up front would be miles more effective than Ajose. Then again, so would a banana.

Hey! Ajose has a fantastic 25%* record of scoring open nets for stags!

*Not an actual researched figure

Was a rare absolutely jaw dropping moment though when he laid down instead of popping it in the gaping goal!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Sweeney up front would be miles more effective than Ajose. Then again, so would a banana.

Hey! Ajose has a fantastic 25%* record of scoring open nets for stags!

*Not an actual researched figure

Was a rare absolutely jaw dropping moment though when he laid down instead of popping it in the gaping goal!!!!

Centre Forwards often ‘can’t get over the ball’ to head down and goalwards. But that moment on Saturday will live long in the memory. Ajose managed to jump under a ball that was travelling at approximately two and a half feet from the floor.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:32 pm

it goes to show just poor our plan B is when it’s Sweeney up front !!!!!

it’s actually embarrassing
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 pm

Anyone remember Simon Coleman.
Last edited by Sneag on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 pm

I thought about Sweeney up front the other day but didn't dare post it... could be an option, and maybe should be an option for last 20 mins if we need something. Bringing Ajose doesn't make any difference, we're still weak up top.

Smith
Jones Preston Chief Mal
Macca Bish Tomlinson CJ
Walker Sweeney

Or back in the real world I'd go.

.................Smith
....Preston Chief Sween
Jones.........................Mal
.........Bish Tomlinson
.........Mellis.......Khan
...............Walker

Both CJ and Grant to be dropped. It's a tough away game and both have been found lacking strength and commitment recently. Walker hasn't had much service so gets another by... A point isn't enough but more likely than if we play wity 8 men again.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:15 pm

I'd play that side but with CJ at RWB.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:31 pm

He's blown one of the best budgets an MTFC manager has ever had and we are now debating throwing a centre back up front. We paid a fair wack for Davies to come here and it looks like he was crocked the whole time. Flitcroft is a flipping joke.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 am

jpstags wrote:He's blown one of the best budgets an MTFC manager has ever had and we are now debating throwing a centre back up front. We paid a fair wack for Davies to come here and it looks like he was crocked the whole time. Flitcroft is a flipping joke.

get a grip you wet wipe
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
jpstags wrote:He's blown one of the best budgets an MTFC manager has ever had and we are now debating throwing a centre back up front. We paid a fair wack for Davies to come here and it looks like he was crocked the whole time. Flitcroft is a flipping joke.

get a grip you wet wipe

Oh the irony !! Bobby you are probably the most drippy person on here, face up to it sunshine your hero DF has totally messed it all up AGAIN !
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:10 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

get a grip you wet wipe

I mean...What has he said that is actually wrong?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:32 pm

jpstags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

get a grip you wet wipe

Oh the irony !! Bobby you are probably the most drippy person on here, face up to it sunshine your hero DF has totally messed it all up AGAIN !

DF didn't mess it up last time. Evans leaving did it.

If we miss out or just get playoffs im giving him Next season to get it spot on. We need to end this expectation that changing the manager every year is the way to get success, its doesn't happen anywhere.

Hes built his squad 90%, he still had some deadwood to shift which he's now done, Hes been incredibly unlucky that some decent signings and key players have been injured.

The thing is with January, if you're doing well you strengthen. We couldn't do that because we had to try and replace key players with anyone we could get or run the risk of not having more than one striker or a Right back.

Seasons not over... but this year we've been playing the best football for years so give him another year to perfect it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm

If we don’t get promoted has he failed ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:02 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:If we don’t get promoted has he failed ?

I’d say yes but I wouldn’t be hounding him out. I’d happily give him next season
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Yes, but there is always extenuating circumstances. Transfers - a decent amount of the budget was used for Diamond, Anderson and Mirfin. Those 3 would have been on a good wage. Craig Davies had the floating bone and is out, we got Ajose in. But at the time we still had our plan B in the form of Danny Rose so didn't need another target man, he was there for when they man mark our defenders and we struggled to get a grip.

We have looked at free transfers and brought in Tomlinson and Turner, 2 good players, to say they were all available outside the transfer window.

We took a hit when White got his leg broken, he needed replacing. Had this not happened we wouldn't have needed Jones and would probably still have Elsnik.

So if we do fail this season we must give him next season. He signed players up for next season anyway, so any new manager that comes in will also have to work with them and not all managers like that. The football has been excellent for the majority of this season. Let's see what he can do with the extra funds he will have available (I don't mean radfords will give him more but without the Evans "deadwood")
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:07 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

Yes, but there is always extenuating circumstances. Transfers - a decent amount of the budget was used for Diamond, Anderson and Mirfin. Those 3 would have been on a good wage. Craig Davies had the floating bone and is out, we got Ajose in. But at the time we still had our plan B in the form of Danny Rose so didn't need another target man, he was there for when they man mark our defenders and we struggled to get a grip.

We have looked at free transfers and brought in Tomlinson and Turner, 2 good players, to say they were all available outside the transfer window.

We took a hit when White got his leg broken, he needed replacing. Had this not happened we wouldn't have needed Jones and would probably still have Elsnik.

So if we do fail this season we must give him next season. He signed players up for next season anyway, so any new manager that comes in will also have to work with them and not all managers like that. The football has been excellent for the majority of this season. Let's see what he can do with the extra funds he will have available (I don't mean radfords will give him more but without the Evans "deadwood")

well said
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:17 pm

I see Knowles has scored a couple again for the under 18s. Surely worth a try off the bench next game.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:I see Knowles has scored a couple again for the under 18s. Surely worth a try off the bench next game.

Agreed, got to be worth a place on the bench. He’s scoring nearly every game for the reserves.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Four goals for Knowles this afternoon. With Ajose's confidence in bits, the young lad's got to be worth a go down at Exeter where there'll be less pressure on him than at home in an "expected to win" game.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Knowles scored all 4 today.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby garlic » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:47 pm

But Knowles is a youngster therefore ineligible because stagsnet only wants proven players. Until we get a manager that actually brings youngsters through into the first team rather than sitting one on the bench for show we are always going to be a big spending for poor returns club. I really feel for JR but i hope that next season he gives the manager a remit to having at least four first team places for our own youngsters and not someone else`s. Only by doing that will we build a successful and sustainable side and a club that is not continually handing out a begging bowl to a generous benefactor.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:43 pm

garlic wrote:But Knowles is a youngster therefore ineligible because stagsnet only wants proven players. Until we get a manager that actually brings youngsters through into the first team rather than sitting one on the bench for show we are always going to be a big spending for poor returns club. I really feel for JR but i hope that next season he gives the manager a remit to having at least four first team places for our own youngsters and not someone else`s. Only by doing that will we build a successful and sustainable side and a club that is not continually handing out a begging bowl to a generous benefactor.

You've never seen Knowles play. Scoring in the reserves isn't even close to the first team, if our youth team were in premier League two then yeah
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:36 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
garlic wrote:But Knowles is a youngster therefore ineligible because stagsnet only wants proven players. Until we get a manager that actually brings youngsters through into the first team rather than sitting one on the bench for show we are always going to be a big spending for poor returns club. I really feel for JR but i hope that next season he gives the manager a remit to having at least four first team places for our own youngsters and not someone else`s. Only by doing that will we build a successful and sustainable side and a club that is not continually handing out a begging bowl to a generous benefactor.

You've never seen Knowles play. Scoring in the reserves isn't even close to the first team, if our youth team were in premier League two then yeah

exactly... how do we also know that JR hasn't said to DF - promotion at all costs, thus not risking a youngster. Unfortunately for DF, he is in a very very tough situation. We all agree we'd love to see youth coming through and DF would.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:40 pm

League rules this season mean a player who has trained at the club for 3 years between the ages of 15-21 (i think) must be named on the bench or starting XI or only 6 subs can be named.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:53 pm

gazza1988 wrote:League rules this season mean a player who has trained at the club for 3 years between the ages of 15-21 (i think) must be named on the bench or starting XI or only 6 subs can be named.

No, no requirement on 3 years.

These are the rules on the home grown player to be included in the match day squad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39517843
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum