{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walker and Grant

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Walker and Grant

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Can’t see Forest wanting them back based on recent performance....could still be here next season :o
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Walker and Grant

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:13 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:Can’t see Forest wanting them back based on recent performance....could still be here next season :o

Deadweight at the Wonk today.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Both to County or Chesterfield..that's their level
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Walker is a good player or he would not have got the number of goals he has got so far this season. The reason he is not scoring now is that we have stopped giving him the ball how he likes it and how he wants it. That is fast paced, played behind the opposition defence for him to run into. His abilities come from his speed, vision and shooting. Currently we lump it up front and expect him to win a header, that if won as the first ball we have no one to win the second ball.

Hamilton is definitely not the one to play with him and neither is Ajose. Need to get back to how we played at the start of the season and play him how we ought.

Grant, great technically gifted player who can pull the ball out of the air with a great first touch and lay a killer pass off with his second. However he is no Tim Elsnik. The decision to swap Grant for Tim is one that may come back to haunt us as that has unbalanced the side. Walker made the runs that Elsnik fed.
Grant needs, after two seasons of loan football (County, Luton & us) to decides if he wants it enough to be a professional footballer and work that little bit harder which will make him outstanding.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:52 pm

I wouldnt pay money for either Grant, Walker or Ajosi
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lancer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Walker has got no pace
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 pm

ironbru wrote:I wouldnt pay money for either Grant, Walker or Ajosi

Walker, yes as he is good player and he has time on his side to develop further. Ajose, no as he is not good clinical enough nor good enough and Grant not if it was a choice between him and Elsnik.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Waste of a shirt since they've both been here our form as been abysmal at best.... n that is rubbing off on CJ

Tyler doesn't look interested Grant never puts in a tackle n how you can justify putting him in front of Macca beggars belief.....

Awful performance Awful result we can't keep throwing away points to teams in the bottom half of the league...

Sort it out DF before JR finds a replacement to match his ambitions
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:52 pm

Id have walker. I think he'd strive playing alongside someone like Akinde... The old style big and little man up top works time and time again.

Id have Elsnik over Grant anyday. Didn't Grant fade off towards the end of his time at county? Id play Khan over him right now. He looked great at the start of the season then got injured and not been back properly since.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Id have walker. I think he'd strive playing alongside someone like Akinde... The old style big and little man up top works time and time again.

Id have Elsnik over Grant anyday. Didn't Grant fade off towards the end of his time at county? Id play Khan over him right now. He looked great at the start of the season then got injured and not been back properly since.

I think that Khan for Grant is a good shout. Swap them later in the game if it isn't working. Hamilton might benefit from a spell on the bench too, to be brought on after an hour and inject some pace into the attack. He's too tentative at present. Walker has to start, being the best we have, but needs a kick up the backside.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:34 pm

Bradders wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Id have walker. I think he'd strive playing alongside someone like Akinde... The old style big and little man up top works time and time again.

I think that Khan for Grant is a good shout. Swap them later in the game if it isn't working. Hamilton might benefit from a spell on the bench too, to be brought on after an hour and inject some pace into the attack. He's too tentative at present. Walker has to start, being the best we have, but needs a kick up the backside.

Khan, another lightweight when we need to battle our way through this?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Read Dave Artell's report of the game ..... Enough said

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/978797280?-1904:1005
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:44 pm

bux46 wrote:Read Dave Artell's report of the game ..... Enough said

That’s worrying. We’ve been sussed out for the last 7-8 games now with no plan B. Stop us playing out from the back and we struggle with no big striker. We are bang average at best right now and are lacking any confidence.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:03 pm

‘60 minutes and they’ll blow’ sums up exactly how I feel about us at the minute and shows the opposition think the same in that we don’t put teams under serious late pressure to go and get results.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:11 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

‘60 minutes and they’ll blow’ sums up exactly how I feel about us at the minute and shows the opposition think the same in that we don’t put teams under serious late pressure to go and get results.
He also said that was the best they'd played all season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:45 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Khan, another lightweight when we need to battle our way through this?

We still need to create chances though. Khan might be lightweight but he's slippery and skilful.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:51 pm

To say here best mates and have this link between them.....I’d rather only have one of them.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Tyler Walker and Jorge Grant need to be realistic. Neither of them are going to get into Forest's first team so they need to work hard and play for their futures.

I'd love to sign Tyler Walker on a permanent basis but I can see him being signed by a League 1 club such as Barnsley if they do not go up. I'd pass on Jorge Grant based on current form.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:06 am

Whatever the merits of playing or not playing anyone will someone please explain why our Plan A is now to kick the ball up front for the two most inept areial forwards to try and get the ball against accomplished League 2 defenders. Walker won one (great flck on) header today and CJ nothing so every time we kick it up to them it comes straight back.........why cant Flitcroft see this......what happened to the exhillerating ground football of the first half of the season?

Id also agree with dropping Grant .......just DO SOMETHING before its too late....we all have opinions but the Manager is the one paid to sort it out.

And if I hear one more rambling five minute answer to a 2 second question post match from him...........
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 8th Notts » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:43 am

Both of them a waste of space. Loads of hype but no substance. Our forward line recruitment has been a joke
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:59 am

8th Notts wrote:Both of them a waste of space. Loads of hype but no substance. Our forward line recruitment has been a joke

Tyler Walker is the fourth highest scorer in the league, he has scored double the number of goals than our second highest scorer and 4 times the number of goals that Danny Rose has scored.

He was brought in to play alongside one of Davies, Rose or Graham; all of whom are now injured. He is now playing alongside a winger who doesn't go in for challenges or headers or an out of form lone striker who has lost any ounce of confidence he once had. We are pumping the ball up to him and expecting him to turn hoof ball into goals. He hasn't got a chance at the moment
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
8th Notts wrote:Both of them a waste of space. Loads of hype but no substance. Our forward line recruitment has been a joke

Tyler Walker is the fourth highest scorer in the league, he has scored double the number of goals than our second highest scorer and 4 times the number of goals that Danny Rose has scored.

He was brought in to play alongside one of Davies, Rose or Graham; all of whom are now injured. He is now playing alongside a winger who doesn't go in for challenges or headers or an out of form lone striker who has lost any ounce of confidence he once had. We are pumping the ball up to him and expecting him to turn hoof ball into goals. He hasn't got a chance at the moment

Must explain his lack of desire then yeah? Lack of being awake, lack of wanting the ball, lack of work rate
Stephen
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 am

I think had Davies been fit and in form like he was at oldham, where he managed to grab 11 goals in a raspberry side in league one, we'd of been that bit more of a threat up top. Same with Danny, its been a nightmare season... and Ajose who has scored a bucket load in this before looks hopeless at the minute.

Ive always liked the looks of Crewes Jordan Bowery, he's the big lad we could do with at the minute... Were being forced to play one striker at the minute, with no help no wonder Tyler is struggling.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:42 am

Bang on GFB. I feel sorry for Walker and Ajose at the moment.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:42 am

Stephen wrote:

Must explain his lack of desire then yeah? Lack of being awake, lack of wanting the ball, lack of work rate

But I don't see that lack of wanting the ball. He is dropping into midfield to cover and then getting blasted for not being up front. He looks languid in his running style but I don't think he is low in work rate. But if we accept your point. What is the answer?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum