{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Time for change

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Time for change

Postby 8th Notts » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Big spending hasn't worked. Flitcroft is too negative and it is time he was replaced. The Radfords need to act this evening and get the Cowleys in. Johnny boy needs to wave his cheque book at them and break the bank. These boys are winners.
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Time for change

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Hahaha you trying to take Norman's title off him.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:13 pm

can we move this straight into the spam folder
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Delete. Troll!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:24 pm

It is time for a change on the field, either other teams have sussed how to play against us or too many players out of form.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Sedgwick wrote:can we move this straight into the spam folder

Did somebody mention Derby ????
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 8th Notts » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 pm

I just care about my club. Flitcroft is one dimensional. The cowleys can mix it
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:34 pm

8th Notts wrote:I just care about my club. Flitcroft is one dimensional. The cowleys can mix it

I'm sure they'll come to Mansfield in a drop of a hat. Even though they've turned down job offers at championship and league one level.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:39 pm

8th Notts wrote:I just care about my club. Flitcroft is one dimensional. The cowleys can mix it

Would sooner fail without them than succeed with them
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby nickrobo60 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:56 pm

Las Islas Malvinas, it's called the Falklands
nickrobo60
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:03 pm

jpstags wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:can we move this straight into the spam folder

Did somebody mention Derby ????

Yes.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Wil0211 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:24 am

Hate the Cowleys and their brand of football, no thanks.
Yes they can mix hoof ball and not so long hoof ball. Yes they have been successful but so was Paul Cox.
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:42 am

Lincoln didn't look very hoofy to me on Monday night, they played some good football. Certainly better than the kack we've been watching of late.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:48 am

Sneag wrote:Lincoln didn't look very hoofy to me on Monday night, they played some good football. Certainly better than the kack we've been watching of late.

This. I'd sooner watch a team who have some desire and a will to win. Our confidence and our ability to threaten the opposition goal is at present woeful. Winning is all that matters whether it's by route 1, 2 or 3. We have been slowly but surely been sussed out this season and have not brought another option (a tall robust lad) in to alter things and keep the opposition guessing. The fact that the club 92nd in the FL could do this to an extent that we were unable to even dirty the opposition's keepers gloves in 90+ minutes shows how weak we are now up front. And we are weak, it's not about it being a local derby and blah de blah de blah, we lack the skillset to play with featherweight strikers.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 am

Wil0211 wrote:Hate the Cowleys and their brand of football, no thanks.
Yes they can mix hoof ball and not so long hoof ball. Yes they have been successful but so was Paul Cox.

Look at their second goal yesterday.... it’s like saying Wimbledon are a hoofball team based on their 80s/90s model. Talk of getting Cowleys is ridiculous but they can certainly play when needed or mix it up with options up top - we don’t have those options
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:19 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Wil0211 wrote:Hate the Cowleys and their brand of football, no thanks.

Look at their second goal yesterday.... it’s like saying Wimbledon are a hoofball team based on their 80s/90s model. Talk of getting Cowleys is ridiculous but they can certainly play when needed or mix it up with options up top - we don’t have those options

Back to the OP, and the little rascals message about the chuckle brothers and getting rid of Flitcroft.....why do we give replies to it? Yes talk of getting them in is ridiculous, that's why he threw in the grenade.
He really ought to be more concerned with the hang mans noose being tightened around his clubs neck. :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am

I think talk of sacking DF is a little previous, it's the players who are letting him down and it is up to him to put it right.

How the hell this has happened defies logic, from almost unbeatable to easily beatble all since January.

JR expects play offs at the very least and it is the play offs I think we are heading for.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 am

On the form we are on for the last 8 games (8 points) will 7 be enough for the playoffs though?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:36 am

oldweststander wrote:I think talk of sacking DF is a little previous, it's the players who are letting him down and it is up to him to put it right.

How the hell this has happened defies logic, from almost unbeatable to easily beatble all since January.

JR expects play offs at the very least and it is the play offs I think we are heading for.

No, DF s stubborn insistence on the current system is the thing that has to change.
Stop the No10 in the hole system which brought draws at the start of the season and now brings draws and defeats as the No10 now is bone and sooo overrated, it's like playing with ten men, in fact nine with CJ up there too.

The middle third was played with two up top and Bish, Elsnik and Mellis as a solid three with Mellis and Elsnik pushing on when attacking.
Get back to that system with Grant dropped, Tomlinson in and as there's no one else Ajose up top.
Back to basics David.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby 8th Notts » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:41 am

I cannot see us succeeding in the play offs. Tranmere really in form. New manager and new recruitment needed. The manager can be sorted now.
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:01 am

Recruitment at this stage of this season is both expensive and pointless. Pointless because history shows that it doesn't bring about the needed change. A new manager won't be able to get much more out of the team than Flitcroft and Futcher. Also just look at what has happened down the road as a result of knee jerk sackings
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:07 am

The recruitment wasn’t good in January and the substations yesterday were poor, the signs of him imploding again are there - look at Artell in his interview.

However, now isn’t the time for a change, it would be foolish - look at last season even though that was enforced on us.

If we don’t gain promotion with the money spend a full root and branch enquiry should be held and the manager may well pay with his job, but from what I’ve seen of JR I can’t see that happening.

Better to state these kinda things on here than at the game.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:17 am

The team SHOULD be good enough .i think Flitcrofts motivational skills seam lacking. He doesn’t look to have a rollocking in him ,Evans would scare them in to winning
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:48 am

daddycool wrote:The team SHOULD be good enough .i think Flitcrofts motivational skills seam lacking. He doesn’t look to have a rollocking in him ,Evans would scare them in to winning

Wash your ******* mouth out!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:04 am

People saying recruitment in january ,we were over the moon about grant as i recall,nicky ajose was also trumpeted as a very good addition ,and jordan smith has,nt done too bad for us ,were having a bit of a shaky time but its not over yet ,seems some are great at criticising in hindsight ,still plenty of twists and turns to come ,not saying we will definetely get up but we must stick together
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum