{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Smith or Logan?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Smith or Logan?

Postby victor A block » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:48 am

Rumours of a fallout or manufactured injury?

Which way is Flitcroft going to go. Smith has done ok without showing any real Championship potential, while Logan always has a mistake in him.

If he goes for Logan lets hope it doesn't cost us or I can see DF copping some flak. I think the loss of Bobby is potentially costing us more than the loss of White.
Last edited by victor A block on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Re: Smith or Logan?

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am

Got to be Smith. He has only cost us one point that I can think of, possibly 2, Logan cost us 2 in his last game alone.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:10 am

Smith for me, purely because it feels like he’s less likely to make a costly mistake and that must play on the defences mind also.

Agree Olejnik has been a big miss, a proper all rounder.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 am

Has to be Smith. As much as i like logan, his prone to error status he is getting is too much of a reoccurance
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 am

id say smith cause hes better with his feet, but we havent been playing football from the back as much as we did before so unsure...
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:24 am

Smith. Logan has at least a mistake if not a goal inside him every 90 mins.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:30 am

What's the rumour with Smith?

No-one has confidence in Logan at the moment, which is a really bad place to be with 8 games to go in a promotion race.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:34 am

How about backing whoever plays and giving them a bit of support. Every custodian is but a moment away from a game changing incident no matter how good they are. That is the nature of the stoppers position it is more costly if he makes a mistake. Tyler's miss first half (didn't even get the chuffer on target ) was just as crucial. I'm not surprised Conrad is a little nervous when he turns out at the Mill.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:42 am

Spiritater wrote:How about backing whoever plays and giving them a bit of support. Every custodian is but a moment away from a game changing incident no matter how good they are. That is the nature of the stoppers position it is more costly if he makes a mistake. Tyler's miss first half (didn't even get the chuffer on target ) was just as crucial. I'm not surprised Conrad is a little nervous when he turns out at the Mill.

The thread is about choice Smith or Logan? Not ‘are you backing the keeper or not’. I hope all back the chosen eleven from the kick off as we all need to give the players confidence to get us promoted.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 am

But they don't do they? Many on here have made their mind up over Con and are just itching for his next error so they can pan him again. Against Crewe he may well play a blinder but if he does nobody will give him credit and will be on him like flies on sh** if he so much as kicks the ball poorly.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am

Keepers ALL have weaknesses. Ours do. I’ll back whoever DF selects.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:01 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Spiritater wrote:How about backing whoever plays and giving them a bit of support. Every custodian is but a moment away from a game changing incident no matter how good they are. That is the nature of the stoppers position it is more costly if he makes a mistake. Tyler's miss first half (didn't even get the chuffer on target ) was just as crucial. I'm not surprised Conrad is a little nervous when he turns out at the Mill.

The thread is about choice Smith or Logan? Not ‘are you backing the keeper or not’. I hope all back the chosen eleven from the kick off as we all need to give the players confidence to get us promoted.

Always the case on here, apperantly having a perference is not supporting the lads!

Anyway I was warned several times Flitcroft likes a bit of GK roulette, worked wonders with dropping Logan for Ojenik but not so much for dropping Smith.

It’s got to be Smith, the defenders don’t have confidence in Logan and that’s the biggest problem. Smith has way better distribution and is equal shotstopper.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Smith by a mile. Logan is not as good as Smith imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:12 pm

I wonder if he brought Logan back for the experience he has when we had the makeshift defence for a few games. Now the 3 Musketeers are back he can put Smith back in as he is more adventurous with his distribution and commanding the box
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Smith, even though I am not a huge fan of his. Logan is an accident waiting to happen.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Either to be honest, I don't think Smith has pulled up any trees since being here - Logan earned us 2 points against Crawley.

All players have mistakes in them which cost us points, Mal at Port Vale for isn't and come to think of it Mal was culpable in the lead up to the penalty incident against Lincoln, he should have cleared it or shielded it strongly, he did neither. Logan get the blames by many though but I don't think it was a penalty myself, the player was falling anyway and already played the ball. Walker has missed 2 excellent chances, 1 against Crawley the other against Lincoln, Grant missed a sitter against Crawley and the list goes on, all mistakes all costly.

Ditch the blame game and get behind the team, whoever DF decides to play.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Smith for me.

Logan is to slow and makes to many mistakes and makes me nervous every time the ball is anywhere him.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:48 pm

pemill wrote:Either to be honest, I don't think Smith has pulled up any trees since being here - Logan earned us 2 points against Crawley.

All players have mistakes in them which cost us points, Mal at Port Vale for isn't and come to think of it Mal was culpable in the lead up to the penalty incident against Lincoln, he should have cleared it or shielded it strongly, he did neither. Logan get the blames by many though but I don't think it was a penalty myself, the player was falling anyway and already played the ball. Walker has missed 2 excellent chances, 1 against Crawley the other against Lincoln, Grant missed a sitter against Crawley and the list goes on, all mistakes all costly.

Did he? Two saves he was expected to make?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:58 pm

pemill wrote:Either to be honest, I don't think Smith has pulled up any trees since being here - Logan earned us 2 points against Crawley.

The point of the thread was to see who fans would prefer to see, nothing more. Not sure how Logan earned us 2 points as we got a point for a 0-0 draw.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Smudge every day
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Logan is solid and good shot stopper and has the years of experience but think will go with Smith still as Logan does not seem to have a good rapport with the defence and recall White having a go at him over something at Stevenage and looked daggers at him.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:23 pm

No question Smith every time. Far in front of Logan. Commands his area and by that gives more confidence to the defence. Logan is too slow to read situations which leads to mistakes (Lincoln penalty) Good shot stopper but his attempt at the penalty was pathetic. Would much sooner have seen a good honest dive even if he was sent the wrong way.
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:35 pm

Smith.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:00 pm

It’s be a tough call between Logan and a cone, so on that basis I’ll go for smith
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:07 pm

adamstag wrote:It’s be a tough call between Logan and a cone, so on that basis I’ll go for smith

A cone wouldn’t of gave a peno Away Monday night.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum