{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Alex Scorefred sponsored by need the points

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Alex Scorefred sponsored by need the points

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:17 pm

The Jan signings are all poor in my opinion.

Not one has improved us but made us worse as a team.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:19 pm

No Logan to blame, who is in for it this week.

Hugely disappointing :(
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:19 pm

I really like df and want him to succeed, however I do think its time for a change. 2 seasons in a row now we are completely bottling it and the buck stops with the manager. Today we are drawing 0-0 and he takes by far our most creative player off and brings on Macca who looked knackered within 5 minutes. The formation was clearly not working, yet his only reaction was to put a centre back up front at 2-0 down.
Also any manager who gives any game time to Ajose wants sacking, maybe the worst striker I have ever seen and that isn't just the anger talking.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:22 pm

I have been following the Stags for 44 years and only once in all that time have I stopped attending matches, during Cartoon Palmer's reign. If Flitcroft stays in charge that will be me done until he's gone. I have never witnessed such passionless football with no fight whatsoever, Flitcroft is a bigger bluffer than Evans.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby jpstags » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:23 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:The Jan signings are all poor in my opinion.

Must be Evans' fault.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:24 pm

jpstags wrote:I have been following the Stags for 44 years and only once in all that time have I stopped attending matches, during Cartoon Palmer's reign. If Flitcroft stays in charge that will be me done until he's gone. I have never witnessed such passionless football with no fight whatsoever, Flitcroft is a bigger bluffer than Evans.

That last sentence must take the award for the biggest load of rubbish posted on stagsnet ever.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 pm

That was absolutely woeful. Our first shot on target in the 90th minute against a team that have sod all to play for.

We’ve been poor since the middle of January IMO and it’s only now it’s becomming more noticeable as we slide down the table.

Tranmere now 2 behind us with a game in hand, only 8 points to 8th position. Time to get our acts together, do we want to be promoted or not?

Absolutely fuming after that.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:That was absolutely woeful. Our first shot on target in the 90th minute against a team that have sod all to play for.

We’ve been poor since the middle of January IMO and it’s only now it’s becomming more noticeable as we slide down the table.

Tranmere now 2 behind us with a game in hand, only 8 points to 8th position. Time to get our acts together, do we want to be promoted or not?

We had two chances off of the line ;)
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Agree. We were flying up till Jan with only 1 defeat. Suddenly all these players arrive and the ballance is gone completely. I don't know if that's DF or this new director of football or what, but it's in danger of destroying our season.

Next game, Grant and CJ need dropping. I know they're our creative players, but it isn't working and there's something wrong in the mentality of the players. It needs shaking up desperately. Otis and Tomlinson in.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:26 pm

ParisStag wrote:

Agree. We were flying up till Jan with only 1 defeat. Suddenly all these players arrive and the ballance is gone completely. I don't know if that's DF or this new director of football or what, but it's in danger of destroying our season.

Next game, Grant and CJ need dropping. I know they're our creative players, but it isn't working and there's something wrong in the mentality of the players. It needs shaking up desperately. Otis and Tomlinson in.

Mellis has been a passenger since grant came in. One of them needs to be dropped.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:That was absolutely woeful. Our first shot on target in the 90th minute against a team that have sod all to play for.

Watch out for Exeter!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Seriously concerned now.

Where do we go from here?

We've lost 6 of the last 15. Our form tells us we're not getting top 3, playoffs are a gamble. Again, form says we're not going to win them either.

If we don't go up, we say goodbye to our loan signings, and are required to go through another L2 squad rebuild for next season.

Walker's goals will be hard to replace, though Ajose and Grant can go for me. What's more worrying is that Bishop will be another year older so will be lighter in midfield.

What does Radford do? Stick or twist on Flitcroft.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Sedgwick wrote:I blame white, rose, bobby, Macca and Davies for getting injured... and Jones for being bang average... oh and poor Timi having to go back to Derby, he looked decent.

Think with all of those options we'd be doing better now and wouldn't of needed more loan signings...

I think the injuries have hurt us badly. We need Davies and Rose for a different kind of striker to walker and ajose. White has been immensely missed and Jones is nowhere near as good as him.

It just feels like we'll never get out of this flipping league
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:31 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Seriously concerned now.

We've lost 6 of the last 15. Our form tells us we're not getting top 3, playoffs are a gamble. Again, form says we're not going to win them either.

If we don't go up, we say goodbye to our loan signings, and are required to go through another L2 squad rebuild for next season.

Walker's goals will be hard to replace, though Ajose and Grant can go for me. What's more worrying is that Bishop will be another year older so will be lighter in midfield.

Summed it up perfectly for me. CJ likely off too, though he’s been poor recently. Anything other than promotion this year is a complete failure and I worry about next year.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:I blame white, rose, bobby, Macca and Davies for getting injured... and Jones for being bang average... oh and poor Timi having to go back to Derby, he looked decent.

Think with all of those options we'd be doing better now and wouldn't of needed more loan signings...

I think the injuries have hurt us badly. We need Davies and Rose for a different kind of striker to walker and ajose. White has been immensely missed and Jones is nowhere near as good as him.

It just feels like we'll never get out of this flipping league

We should have replaced Davies in Jan - but Abbott/DF signed Ajose.

White is just really unlucky, hard to replace someone as good as him.

Bobby has been the biggest miss, Smith and Logan are not in the same league.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:35 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Mellis has been a passenger since grant came in. One of them needs to be dropped.

Mellis was driving our attack until Grant came in. Drop grant, put Mellis in front of Bish and Tomlinson.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 pm

We could have signed anyone to be fair. With a manager who does not know how to change a game for the better, we are always going to be limited. Today a classic example, need a goal just put as many up front as possible and hope for the best. We needed extra men in midfield as Bishop was being overran (not surprising when he has the useless Mellis beside him).
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Ajose was the wrong type of player to get. We've lacked a big man up top all season.

That was an awful performance. Very reminiscent of last seasons capitulation. We just aren't trying to play like we did before. We lack fight in the forward line, we lack any kind of aerial threat out side the back 3. We have too many loan players a couple of which are clearly coasting. We have a few others lacking confidence and a manager who seems unable to get them playing or fighting.

I'm resigned to the play offs already and that we'll probably blow those too. Sad times after such a promising period.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Seriously concerned now.

Wait until the end of the season before the final judgement. Despite our terrible form, we can still get promoted via the play-off's. Now is not the time to concede that our season is over ....... It is all still left to play for. Belief & confidence is critical with only seven (or possibly 10) games to go.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:38 pm

My thoughts are that if CJ is a million pound player I am mother Teresa of Calcutta

Ajose wouldn't get in the old woodhouse ex servicemen eleven,

DFs subs left the team confused and rudderless

On this form we could finish outside the play offs, in which case DF will be clearing his desk

Finally I have had more fun being whipped than watching that effort
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:44 pm

Jamie wrote:Ajose was the wrong type of player to get. We've lacked a big man up top all season.

That was an awful performance. Very reminiscent of last seasons capitulation. We just aren't trying to play like we did before. We lack fight in the forward line, we lack any kind of aerial threat out side the back 3. We have too many loan players a couple of which are clearly coasting. We have a few others lacking confidence and a manager who seems unable to get them playing or fighting.

I'm resigned to the play offs already and that we'll probably blow those too. Sad times after such a promising period.

Agreed - there is a consensus that we are 'lightweight' up front and that we lack that 'plan B' target man. We will reflect on that at the end of this season, but in the meantime for these last games we need to be far more attacking - we now need to switch to 4-4-2 and go for it.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:46 pm

First half our outlet ball time and time again was Jones, nothing came of the possession because CJ & Walker made no move to attck the box and give him someone to aim at.

So half time DF hooks Jones to pla CJ at right back, where he was as ineffective as he was upfront.

Then Macca on so CJ can go & be poor on the left wing.

Subbing Benning so CJ could then have go at being poor at left back.

I like CJ, over the last couple of seasons he's been one of my favourite players just for his attitude and workrate, but he's been hopelessly out of form since Christmas and needs a break.

DFs substitutions today cost us that game. Had he not raspberried about with the back line, the game may have fizzled out to 0-0, but never in a million years were we going to lose it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Sneag wrote:First half our outlet ball time and time again was Jones, nothing came of the possession because CJ & Walker made no move to attck the box and give him someone to aim at.

So half time DF hooks Jones to pla CJ at right back, where he was as ineffective as he was upfront.

Then Macca on so CJ can go & be poor on the left wing.

Subbing Benning so CJ could then have go at being poor at left back.

I like CJ, over the last couple of seasons he's been one of my favourite players just for his attitude and workrate, but he's been hopelessly out of form since Christmas and needs a break.

DFs substitutions today cost us that game. Had he not raspberried about with the back line, the game may have fizzled out to 0-0, but never in a million years were we going to lose it.

Spot on
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:51 pm

The worrying part for me is we've lost the togetherness, the fight and the passion. I can't put my finger on what's gone wrong but it's a worrying state of affairs.
Not sure where we go from here.. A different formation may be our saving grace. Flat back four, dropping Jones. Let Mellis doing the attacking midfield role which he was doing perfectly well before Grant came. I'd drop Grant.
We miss Rose and White but the managers biggest mistake was not signing a big man up top.
Very strange subs today.
We look a shadow of ourselves.
Still plenty of points to play for but I can't see where they are coming from at the moment.
Not good
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:57 pm

jpstags wrote:

Must be Evans' fault.

are you ready for the ultimate shithousary.... Someone on twitter says Evans will come back to Mansfield :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum