{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Lincoln game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Lincoln game

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Krystian Pearce scores against Lincoln

brief highlights, produced by EFL

brief highlights, produced by SKY
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -1-lincoln
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Lincoln game

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Penalty is mals fault too. It definitely is. He had a lot of opportunity to get rid.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Penalty is mals fault too. It definitely is. He had a lot of opportunity to get rid.

I feel like a broken record here. He would’ve cleared it, easily, if Logan hadn’t been coming out. The only time Mal was close enough to the ball to clear it was as Anderson got his toe to the ball, by which time Logan was already bumbling towards the player.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Uhmm, undecided about that penalty, the player had played the ball and was off balance, no intent from Conrad in my opinion.

Whilst everyone is on Conrad's back, there's no doubt Mel should have dealt with it, I watched it back several times fast, slow and stepped, Mal was first to the ball and had no idea there was a Lincoln player so close to him, if he did then his attempt to shield the ball was half hearted to say the least. In this case Conrad would have been better off staying back, he wasn't going to get there in time.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Did Conrad at any point appear to tell Mal where to put the ball? The answer is, probably, no.

If the keeper isn’t telling the defender where to stick the ball, a simple shout of away would suffice, he is at fault as he Marshall’s the back line and sees what the defender can’t.

Sorry Conrad but Dave has replaced you twice this season and last night’s penalty was another example of why.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:36 pm

OMG that looks worse than what I saw behind the goal. Conrad is an embarrassment in goal. A simple dropped cross that they should have scored from and a terrible rush of blood to the head when Benning was clearly going to put the ball to safety. He’s cost us too many points tbf and it’s beyond a joke. Decent shot stopper but beyond that barely useful at all.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Penalty or not who to blame doesn't matter....

What sticks in my throat Akinde is their main penalty taker Lincoln get their fair share of penalties all taken the same way very slow walk up side foots it down the middle Didn't Logan or goal keeping coach go through this before a game....... 2 points thrown away because someone didn't do their homework....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Akinde doesn't kick the ball until the keeper has committed himself. It's just a game of chicken that Akinde is very good at.
Last edited by Sneag on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:59 am

SINA STAG wrote:Penalty or not who to blame doesn't matter....

What sticks in my throat Akinde is their main penalty taker Lincoln get their fair share of penalties all taken the same way very slow walk up side foots it down the middle Didn't Logan or goal keeping coach go through this before a game....... 2 points thrown away because someone didn't do their homework....

Do you really think saving penalties is that easy?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:02 pm

James wrote:

Exactly it’s bloody difficult especially against Akinde.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 pm

I agree with you. I'm more disappointed with the attempted save of the penalty.

Despite what others say ( we are all entitled to our opinion ), but for me Benning is as much to blame as Logan for us conceding a penalty.

Whilst on the subject of goalkeepers. Is Smith injured or not, as has been said on here? I'm doubtful because he was on the bench for the game.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm

One bright spot at least we won't have Lincoln in the play offs if we blow it at 3rd place.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:17 pm

I certainly think we are missing a Dudley Roberts type forward as a plan B atm.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:33 pm

We will get automatic promotion ,it may be close but we will :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:55 pm

James wrote:

Did I say easy ???

DID I ?

NO I DIDN'T

read my post again IDIOT.......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

I agree with you. I'm more disappointed with the attempted save of the penalty.

Despite what others say ( we are all entitled to our opinion ), but for me Benning is as much to blame as Logan for us conceding a penalty.

Whilst on the subject of goalkeepers. Is Smith injured or not, as has been said on here? I'm doubtful because he was on the bench for the game.

It is a difficult one against Akinde because he doesn’t actually run up to the ball. If the keeper just stands there (he can’t move forwards) then he can just place it in a corner and the keeper looks stupid for not diving. So the keeper tries to read where Akinde might put it but he doesn’t give any clues because he isn’t moving quickly. The keeper then has to make a decision on which way to go and Akinde can see this and just rolls it the other way. The keeper sees the ball going the other way and gives up on his dive.
Smith apparently has a knee injury so is not deemed fit/ worth the risk for the full match but is ok for the bench.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum