{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

"He's very honest which is a nice change.." (2 Q&As)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Q&A With Vital Lincoln City

Postby Vital Lincoln City » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Good Evening,

We're looking for someone to answer a few questions before Monday night's match. The answers will be published on our Front Page.

Interested? Please email lincoln@vitalfootball.co.uk as soon as possible!

Thanks,
Jules,
Vital Lincoln City,
https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/forums/100-imps.70/
Vital Lincoln City
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Q&A With Vital Lincoln City

Postby Tess Tickle » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Nah
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 am

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You can put it on your front page, and then there's no need to come on here again.

It ain't a derby.
It ain't a rivalry.
Your a p1ss stop on the way to Skeg.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:00 am

Big yella wrote:I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You can put it on your front page, and then there's no need to come on here again.

It ain't a derby.
It ain't a rivalry.

Another charm school graduate? :lol:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:23 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You can put it on your front page, and then there's no need to come on here again.

It ain't a derby.
It ain't a rivalry.

Another charm school graduate? :lol:

But an honest assessment Says it how it is.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:22 am

Gimps are the new LUscum
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 am

laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

"He's very honest which is a nice change.." (2 Q&As)

Postby Vital Lincoln City » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:18 am

"I like him, he's very honest which is a nice change from our previous manager. If we've played poorly he'll openly say, he's obviously very complimentary of the fans/owners of the club which is always nice to hear."

The first set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/hes-very-honest-which-is-a-nice-change-from-our-previous-manager/

The second set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/hes-very-honest-which-is-a-nice-change-from-our-previous-manager/2/#gallery-slide
Vital Lincoln City
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: "He's very honest which is a nice change.." (2 Q&As)

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:13 am

Two very polite stags fans there, I wonder if they were hand picked or if the answers were amended. They seemed very complimentary to Lincoln with no mention of their style of play.

It now looks like Lincoln will go up without a problem but the trick will be keeping them up and a change of style will be essential
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Can these threads not be merged?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35365
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Two very polite stags fans there, I wonder if they were hand picked or if the answers were amended. They seemed very complimentary to Lincoln with no mention of their style of play.

It now looks like Lincoln will go up without a problem but the trick will be keeping them up and a change of style will be essential

One of them was me. I didn’t mention Lincoln’s style of play because it’s what works best for your team. We’ve experienced that under Paul Cox. Lincoln are very effective at what they do, it’s not pretty but it’s damn effective.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:Can these threads not be merged?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35365

Done
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Two very polite stags fans there, I wonder if they were hand picked or if the answers were amended. They seemed very complimentary to Lincoln with no mention of their style of play.

Thing is they can and do change style whereas we are one dimensional .
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

One of them was me. I didn’t mention Lincoln’s style of play because it’s what works best for your team. We’ve experienced that under Paul Cox. Lincoln are very effective at what they do, it’s not pretty but it’s damn effective.

Fair enough Foggo. Did they print what you said or was it doctored?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Fair enough Foggo. Did they print what you said or was it doctored?

It’s pretty much as I wrote it
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:08 pm

I thought myself that Lincoln on Monday night were nothing like a 'hoof ball' team. They'd get Gilks to feed a full back from yet another toothless attack from us and before you could blink the said full back had run to the edge of our box very often unchallenged, I thought they passed it well. Ok their pen came from a bit of a punt from Gilks and Akinde getting a flick on to dumbfound Sir Malvind and Conrad into making a right pigs ear of things but on the whole I thought t'Imps were a decent watch. One thing we are lacking in an attacking sense is someone who can head a ball and scare the pants off the oppo defence. Tyler, CJ, Jorge and Nicky aren't that type of players.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Spiritater wrote:I thought myself that Lincoln on Monday night were nothing like a 'hoof ball' team. They'd get Gilks to feed a full back from yet another toothless attack from us and before you could blink the said full back had run to the edge of our box very often unchallenged, I thought they passed it well. Ok their pen came from a bit of a punt from Gilks and Akinde getting a flick on to dumbfound Sir Malvind and Conrad into making a right pigs ear of things but on the whole I thought t'Imps were a decent watch. One thing we are lacking in an attacking sense is someone who can head a ball and scare the pants off the oppo defence. Tyler, CJ, Jorge and Nicky aren't that type of players.

Exactly this, we don't have a plan b, and because of that we won't get promotion,
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum