{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

This time last season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

This time last season

Postby part time pete » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:46 pm

We had played 34 games and had 60 pts when Steve Evans left.

Tonight we have played 34 games and got 61 pts.

Last season we got just 12 points from the last 12 games.

Surely we can get at least 20 points from our remaining 12 games and go up automatically.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Re: This time last season

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:57 pm

7 wins should do it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:07 pm

At home

Cheltenham
Crewe
Cambridge
Morecambe
Stevenage

Away at

Port Vale
Crawley

That’s the seven wins, other five are

Lincoln - home
Away at
Exeter
Northampton
Oldham
MK Dons
part time pete

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:21 pm

part time pete wrote:At home

Cheltenham
Crewe
Cambridge
Morecambe
Stevenage

Away at

Port Vale
Crawley

That’s the seven wins, other five are

Lincoln - home
Away at
Exeter
Northampton
Oldham
MK Dons

On paper 9 of the 12 are very winnable.

What happens on grass remains to be seen. ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:51 am

part time pete wrote:We had played 34 games and had 60 pts when Steve Evans left.

Surely we can get at least 20 points from our remaining 12 games and go up automatically.

Evans was a c word, still is. We had a much harder run in last season and Evans was also a c word. I love having DF as our manager, we play proper football and even if we do not make it this season, I'd 100% back him over the summer. Evans was and still is a c word.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:19 am

Rob wrote:
part time pete wrote:We had played 34 games and had 60 pts when Steve Evans left.

Evans was a c word, still is. We had a much harder run in last season and Evans was also a c word. I love having DF as our manager, we play proper football and even if we do not make it this season, I'd 100% back him over the summer. Evans was and still is a c word.

Totally agree.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:40 am

Rob wrote:

I agree we did have a harder run in last season than this, we also have a better squad & play better football than last season. JR has shown patience and backed his manager financially. I'm not sure that support would be extended over the summer if DF has another 8th place finish.

I think it's a 4 horse race for 3 spots. Hopefully we've had our wobble.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:52 am

Can't afford many more double hurdle stumbles in the race for the line now. 3rd place and Bronze medal is all we need to be on the podium.

The run off for the playoffs is a scary thought and the one lagging behind in 7th seems to get a 2nd wind and upset the apple cart at times.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:11 am

This c word, is it Cute or Cuddly? :D
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:15 am

We've had a blip and hopefully now we can kick on like MK have done after their blip. I still think Lincoln have a poor run in them. They've had some draws recently, but surely they can't go the rest of the season without losing a few.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:26 am

This time last season.......there were numerous job opportunities in the Far East that turned out to be complete and utter rubbish. Wheels, metaphorically, fell off the rickshaw for us.

Still karma, for Evans has, ‘turned out to be a bitch’ but for us a blessing.

What a difference a year has made. Come on you Stags.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:41 am

ParisStag wrote:We've had a blip and hopefully now we can kick on like MK have done after their blip. I still think Lincoln have a poor run in them. They've had some draws recently, but surely they can't go the rest of the season without losing a few.

Big week for them this week against Exeter and FGR lose both and Bury could easily be top come Saturday evening.

Lincoln have become the first team to secure 23rd place though so the season finale is now officially upon us.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:50 am

Rob wrote:

Evans also had 30 odd more games under his belt, as well as about 5 extra stone! :P

He'd also had an extra transfer window, and as far as I can remember we weren't suffering as bad with injuries?

Anyhow, it's in the past, and I'm totally over that shortarsed raspberry moaning malodorous failure of a subspecies :lol:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:01 am

Think there's the top 4 fighting it out over 3 spots . We are certainly no better than any of the other 3 so going to be very tight . Not sure 7 wins will be enough . Bury and MK have easy games on paper next Sat .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:18 am

BoughtonStag71 wrote:This c word, is it Cute or Cuddly? :D

Coward
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:23 am

We are in a far better place than a year ago. Yesterday we only had one of the quitters signings in the starting line up, but three of Muzza’s signings. When you here DF interviewed you can tell he cares as much as us. Never got that feeling from his predecessor,
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:47 am

Chris M wrote:
BoughtonStag71 wrote:This c word, is it Cute or Cuddly? :D

Coward

Not Charismatic then!
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby AndyStag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:10 am

victor A block wrote:Think there's the top 4 fighting it out over 3 spots . We are certainly no better than any of the other 3 so going to be very tight . Not sure 7 wins will be enough . Bury and MK have easy games on paper next Sat .

You beat me to it Victor. Bury, Lincoln and MK are all capable of putting together 7 wins easily. I wouldn't be surprised if we need 9 or more to secure top 3. It could make MK away on the last day massive.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:35 am

Based upon the current away and home points, us and MK have the 'easiest' run-in of the Top 10, Lincoln have the 'hardest' run-in of the Top 8. Our average opponent is around 15th place, Lincoln's is 10th.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:12 pm

victor A block wrote:Think there's the top 4 fighting it out over 3 spots . We are certainly no better than any of the other 3 so going to be very tight . Not sure 7 wins will be enough . Bury and MK have easy games on paper next Sat .

Can't see us winning 75% of our remaining games when we've won less than 50% of our previous 34.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:07 pm

You need some positivity in your life, your depressing me.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 pm

Our first 12 games this season, when people were calling for DFs head were w4 d7 l1 pts 19. Do that to the end of the season will give us 80 points which will probably leave us just outside the autos. Would people take that now?
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Bros wrote:Our first 12 games this season, when people were calling for DFs head were w4 d7 l1 pts 19. Do that to the end of the season will give us 80 points which will probably leave us just outside the autos. Would people take that now?

80 will not be enough for auto’s, so we need more as autos is what we want.

Were you on the booze yesterday when you picked Jacob as MoM yesterday. :lol: :lol:
part time pete

Postby Vice President » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:46 pm

All this talk about easy/difficult run-ins ........ they are all a much of a muchness.

It is such a shame that we will be without our top goal scorer for the next two 'winnable games' against Cheltenham & Port Vale. MK Dons will keep the pressure on us right to the end of the season.

Teams will drop points. Just hope we can win the majority of our remaining games. We will need to be brave and take some gambles. 'Attack' will be our best approach from now till the end of the season.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:42 am

Vice President wrote:All this talk about easy/difficult run-ins ........ they are all a much of a muchness.

It is such a shame that we will be without our top goal scorer for the next two 'winnable games' against Cheltenham & Port Vale. MK Dons will keep the pressure on us right to the end of the season.

Teams will drop points. Just hope we can win the majority of our remaining games. We will need to be brave and take some gambles. 'Attack' will be our best approach from now till the end of the season.

Agreed. Look at Accrington last year and the run in they had was atrocious however they just kept winning and winning.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum