{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Nicky Ajose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Nicky Ajose

Postby Kernow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:56 am

Not his fault we expect him to play the Rheady role, for goodness sake get the ball on the deck.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:19 am

1 goal and 4 assists from 6 league starts is not bad. We need to keep the ball on the floor though.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 am

He has been ok ish but not looking like a prolific goal scoring ace and agree needs the ball to his feet but is active and fit looking.
could do better overall but certainly worth a place in the team.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:46 pm

nobby +1 wrote:think sometimes we see Walker and Grant playing ball to each other and others passing to them instead of playing better ball to Ajose or others

:good_post:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:01 pm

He appears to be trying too hard, he creates space for others and gets in some good positions. In addition to his goal & assists he has hit the woodwork at least a couple of times. I hope he can get a couple of goals which will help his confidence, something that every striker needs.

I like him, getting in the right positions is instinctive, the goals will come in my opinion - need to keep playing him.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:34 pm

All these things were said of Walker only a few months ago. Give him time. He makes intelligent runs, we just need the midfield to give the right pass. I like him.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Sneag wrote:Nicky Ajose is a 'clever' striker, you can see that in h8s movement off the ball. He's fast, has a reasonable strike rate and pulls defenders out of position creating space for his strike partners. What he ain't is a 6ft plus target man & in any game where the supply line decides twatting high balls at him is the way to go, he might as well sit in the stand.

Give him the right service & he'll thrive.

I fully go with what you say too
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm

pemill wrote:He appears to be trying too hard, he creates space for others and gets in some good positions. In addition to his goal & assists he has hit the woodwork at least a couple of times. I hope he can get a couple of goals which will help his confidence, something that every striker needs.

I like him, getting in the right positions is instinctive, the goals will come in my opinion - need to keep playing him.

I like him , he's been unlucky not to score more goals , but he's creating chances & the effort is there . Hopefully he will start scoring soon
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Amberheart wrote:
pemill wrote:He appears to be trying too hard, he creates space for others and gets in some good positions. In addition to his goal & assists he has hit the woodwork at least a couple of times. I hope he can get a couple of goals which will help his confidence, something that every striker needs.

I like him , he's been unlucky not to score more goals , but he's creating chances & the effort is there . Hopefully he will start scoring soon

I reckon he is trying harder than Walker and Grant.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:55 am

I love watching Nicky play. he has pace and his movement is excellent. Caused FGR all sorts of problems away from home and i was a bit bemused when he got subbed there.

He just needs to that goal.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:37 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

I reckon he is trying harder than Walker and Grant.

Bang Tidy Spot On Edders
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:18 pm

A goal will see him right for a bit of confidence - great touch
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Didn’t realise he had 4 assists when I first posted. Shows how under appreciated that trait is, If the partnership becomes Ajose supplies and Walker finishes I’m happy as long as Nicky can step up to goalscorer when required
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Going to get his chance for next two games
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:10 pm

Whether it's him scoring it or assisting it. It's still a goal he's had a hand in making. Even when he makes a run and drags a defender with him can open up space for someone to occupy and score.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Now is the time for Ajose to pull on his ‘big boy pants’ and do what he has been signed for. It’s up to him to make the position his own.

Any guesses as to who will be the first Stagsnet regular to discuss the term ‘big boy pants’ further?????
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Like to see Ajose start slotting a few away, but at this stage it's about points than panache.

I agree, he'll eventually find his way onto the scoresheet, but as long as any of CJ, Jorge, Jacob, Otis or Mal can wade in with a couple between them then we'll be OK I reckon.

The crux will be making sure Walker maintains his form after this break
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:23 pm

I think Walker will be missed for his link up play especially with Grant and CJ, not just his goal scoring ability. Looking on the positive side, two weeks rest may help him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:00 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I think Walker will be missed for his link up play especially with Grant and CJ, not just his goal scoring ability. Looking on the positive side, two weeks rest may help him.

....and Ajose might just shine.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:08 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I think Walker will be missed for his link up play especially with Grant and CJ, not just his goal scoring ability. Looking on the positive side, two weeks rest may help him.

....and Ajose might just shine.
Let's hope so Edders.

At least they know TW won't be available so this weeks training will be based on Ajose and possibly CJ up front.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tel » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:52 pm

Look at yesterday's goal again. Walker's ball through the defenders legs to CJ was class.
Tel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 am

It’s time for Nicky Ajose to walk the walk, let’s see what you got kid
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:51 am

yorkshire stag wrote:It’s time for Nicky Ajose to walk the walk, let’s see what you got kid

Hopefully he'll come good and we can work together as a unit to get the goals - we've got more than enough players to get those goals.

Thing is, Ajose seems to have shone in the assists dept but not the scoring - maybe the roles can be reversed this weekend!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 am

I feel comfortable with Ajose being able to get a game on his own without Walker but Walker being absent is a bit of a blow at this stage of the season but hey ho that's how it goes and no good saying all over again Walker was stupid, he will know and feel that.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Spitfire37489 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:16 am

It will do Ajose good to start without Walker, there's a chance Grant might pass to him now instead of always looking for his best pal.
Spitfire37489
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum