{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Nicky Ajose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Nicky Ajose

Postby Norman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:11 pm

What’s everyone’s thoughts on him? I know a few Charlton fans , who I spoke to after we signed him. They said he can be idle and disruptive ( their words not mine ) . Me , I expected more from him. Not seen that yet!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Nicky Ajose

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Positive as ever.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Quite like him. Missed some chances but think he will start to score if we stick with him. Think he was starting to link up well with Walker and Grant, we need to let them gel properly now in my opinion. We don’t have many strikers to choose from anyway, and I’d rather Ajose be on the pitch and CJ in another position than CJ up top and Ajose on the bench.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Positive as ever.

He’s a great striker with an eye for goal. Is that better old bell endos? fgs just making a comment on what Charton fans think off him you clown!
Last edited by Norman on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:18 pm

I think it's great that Norman has started this thread. He did a similar one about Walker and look how that turned out. Hopefully he will be proved wrong again as Ajose goes on a scoring run over the next few months !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:20 pm

I'm just praying that Tyler Walker stays fit.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:I think it's great that Norman has started this thread. He did a similar one about Walker and look how that turned out. Hopefully he will be proved wrong again as Ajose goes on a scoring run over the next few months !!

Somehow I don’t think so. Glad Walker proved me wrong though.
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:23 pm

If rather have CJ in his previous form up with Walker. Id rather Ajose was a foot bigger and more of a target.

We lack a plan B. We've been worked out and lost the advantage we had earlier in the season. We can still win games but we're painfully short of a target man who can complement Walker.

This is L2 not La Liga. Playing two forwards like Walker and Ajose where you get nothing in the air and patchy effort won't always work when teams know how to stop us playing them in.

Hopefully they got enough goals and quality to see us over the line despite thst... COYS.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 pm

not seen anything to write home about so far, here’s hoping he bags Sat.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Norman, what is wrong with you? Seriously get some help. I've never known anyone be such a negative waste of space. Why, really why are do you only post negative posts about how you think players are rubbish... And palm off your thoughts as "Their words not mine" yeah right raspberry off
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:58 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Norman, what is wrong with you? Seriously get some help. I've never known anyone be such a negative waste of space. Why, really why are do you only post negative posts about how you think players are rubbish... And palm off your thoughts as "Their words not mine" yeah right raspberry off

seconded.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:12 am

Dave Wayne wrote:I think it's great that Norman has started this thread. He did a similar one about Walker and look how that turned out. Hopefully he will be proved wrong again as Ajose goes on a scoring run over the next few months !!

I don't mind Norman starting a thread, I just wish he'd start a positive thread.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 am

Nicky Ajose is a 'clever' striker, you can see that in h8s movement off the ball. He's fast, has a reasonable strike rate and pulls defenders out of position creating space for his strike partners. What he ain't is a 6ft plus target man & in any game where the supply line decides twatting high balls at him is the way to go, he might as well sit in the stand.

Give him the right service & he'll thrive.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:49 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Norman, what is wrong with you? Seriously get some help. I've never known anyone be such a negative waste of space. Why, really why are do you only post negative posts about how you think players are rubbish... And palm off your thoughts as "Their words not mine" yeah right raspberry off

seconded.

I wouldn’t really call Norman’s post a negative one, he’s asked for opinions on Ajose and then given his own. If any other Stagsnet poster put this nobody would moan.

It’s a valid thread, he’s looked good in glimpses but hasn’t done what he came here to do yet, score goals.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

seconded.

I wouldn’t really call Norman’s post a negative one, he’s asked for opinions on Ajose and then given his own. If any other Stagsnet poster put this nobody would moan.

It’s a valid thread, he’s looked good in glimpses but hasn’t done what he came here to do yet, score goals.

It not his opinion that's the problem, it's the 'I spoke to Charlton fans' bull he's using to justify his negativity. He's got that much previous as a negative vibe merchant that you can hardly blame people for being sceptical.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:00 am

think sometimes we see Walker and Grant playing ball to each other and others passing to them instead of playing better ball to Ajose or others
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 am

I was hoping for a little more from him to be honest, but he was probably hoping for better service - a couple of times on Saturday he reminded me of Coulthirst. He probably needs a goal or two.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:18 am

I think Ajose just needs a goal to get him going, he attacks the 6 yard box well and he could be on 5 goals for us at the moment. He has missed 4 sitters (2 on the bounce against Crawley? and Newport) and 2 headers from 6 yards where he hit the post (FGR-Colchester) if one of them goes in then were looking at a different player.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 am

Watched him yesterday against Donny.He looked good when he was able to get the ball down.For most of the game he was having to deal with high balls launched by Logan.He is not that type of player he needs balls to feet and threaded balls from the midfield.We have to stick with him up front as CJ is no frontman.Ajose is a striker and will come good I feel sure.Anyway we do not have many options.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:33 am

He's been okay so far. Some clever runs and good touches but isn't quite clicking as well as we all hopes as of yet. I'm sure he will though.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 am

nobby +1 wrote:think sometimes we see Walker and Grant playing ball to each other and others passing to them instead of playing better ball to Ajose or others

I do think he is suffering a bit from the pals act. It's brill to have players that click well together but the downside is that they tend to pass to their mate rather than a player in a better position. I suppose the trick is to get them all to be pals but that will take time.

Maybe it's something Mr Flitcroft should be picking up on and making sure there is even distribution. It's a double edged sword and ultimately comes down to who the passer trusts to put the ball away.

I think he is doing ok with the distribution he's getting but maybe he should be demanding a bit more of the ball. He will get there and I'm sure will be a big asset.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:59 am

We were all hoping for instant goals from Ncky, football is rarely like that.

He will come good, his movement is excellent but the passes he receives are not getting him in where he can hurt.

Forest Green could be the start for him, a game we just HAVE to win, no question.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:20 am

Sneag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

seconded.

It not his opinion that's the problem, it's the 'I spoke to Charlton fans' bull he's using to justify his negativity. He's got that much previous as a negative vibe merchant that you can hardly blame people for being sceptical.

I work in London ya clown and some lads in the office are Charlton fans fgs!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 am

Get the service to him sorted and he’ll do fine. The same happened with Walker, we started playing to his strengths and the goals came. I’m sure Norman had a thread about him as well?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DE STAG » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 am

Sneag wrote:Nicky Ajose is a 'clever' striker, you can see that in h8s movement off the ball. He's fast, has a reasonable strike rate and pulls defenders out of position creating space for his strike partners. What he ain't is a 6ft plus target man & in any game where the supply line decides twatting high balls at him is the way to go, he might as well sit in the stand.

Give him the right service & he'll thrive.

This is exactly how I see his contribution. I rate him.
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum