{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

THE66POW blog report: Notts County v Stags :-(

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

THE66POW blog report: Notts County v Stags :-(

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:38 am

Blog link: https://the66pow.blogspot.com/2019/02/notts-county-1-v-mansfield-town-0-efl.html
X-Rated! Though it actually pained me to write much of this, see link above, to read my honest appraisal and overview of the Stags defeat at Meadow Lane.
Football, it catches you with your guard down and smacks you right where it hurts sometimes.
:coys:
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: THE66POW blog report: Notts County v Stags :-(

Postby Brinner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:52 am

An accurate and well put together description of the the days (non) events.

We were right in line with the Turner "red card" incident. First of all he looked offside (but the replay may prove me wrong) but he definitely handled the ball before he was fouled. So assuming the Premier League referee didn't see the hand ball he should have sent him off. He was wrong either way.

I have not witnessed such a "homer" of a referee in years. Absolutely dreadful. I note he was the fourth offical at Doncaster yesterday which surprised me after such a bad week for him.
Brinner
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 am

I thought he may have escaped the red as the county player didn't have control of the ball so it could be argued it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

Either way there is only one man who knows why he made that decision and I very much doubt it will ever be revealed.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 am

Brinner wrote:An accurate and well put together description of the the days (non) events.

We were right in line with the Turner "red card" incident. First of all he looked offside (but the replay may prove me wrong) but he definitely handled the ball before he was fouled. So assuming the Premier League referee didn't see the hand ball he should have sent him off. He was wrong either way.

I have not witnessed such a "homer" of a referee in years. Absolutely dreadful. I note he was the fourth offical at Doncaster yesterday which surprised me after such a bad week for him.

I think it's sometimes hard for us to see it impartially. I was with 3 non-Stags fans and they all said they didn't think he was particularly one-sided. I was convinced he was a homer. Notts mates I spoke to felt that he was against them, particularly because of the penalty.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:58 am

ParisStag wrote:
Brinner wrote:An accurate and well put together description of the the days (non) events.

I think it's sometimes hard for us to see it impartially. I was with 3 non-Stags fans and they all said they didn't think he was particularly one-sided. I was convinced he was a homer. Notts mates I spoke to felt that he was against them, particularly because of the penalty.

Which penalty I must of missed it??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum