{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Postby BigGuy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:54 pm

I’m much cleverer than you give me credit for, trust me.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:11 pm

BigGuy wrote:I’m much cleverer than you give me credit for, trust me.

I am considerably relieved to know that.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:54 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:What a ridiculous thread and original post, maybe offer free travel for these precious folk who want to be given seat preferences at away matches.

What if we only were to take 1,000 to county? We would all be sat at the end you moan about.

If County sold 17,000 home tickets week on week, then we would get limited allocation.

Would you whinge the home fans were getting a better view.

You really couldn’t make this up, free cotton wool on offer soon?

Not too bright, are you.

Yet another enlightening addition to a topic from a self crowned Einstein.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:43 am

BigGuy wrote:What a ridiculous thread and original post, maybe offer free travel for these precious folk who want to be given seat preferences at away matches.

What if we only were to take 1,000 to county? We would all be sat at the end you moan about.

If County sold 17,000 home tickets week on week, then we would get limited allocation.

It not about being precious at all. Take STs out of it, do you think it's right that those who make the effort to go early and queue up first get the worst seats?

If you got your ticket late you'd expect to be out wide or with the worse view. That comes with being late to the party. Just like with everything in life. If you wait till the last minute you take your chances. It can't be right that those who make effort to queue early get the worst view.

In answer to your point. If we had a small allocation somewhere with a poor view, no one would have much to say about it as everyone would be in the same boat. That isn't the case here. As we had a whole stand and chose to sell the worst view to those buying first - which happens to be to ST holders.

It's not about being precious or anything else it's about the club using some common sense and doing the right thing by loyal fans. It's certainly not right that as a ST holder who got tickets straight away I got the worst view. When people who may only have gone to that one game this season and not put anything into our club, rock up and get a plum middle of stand view.

Its a problem unique to our strip to County but needs addressing if we're going to play them again anytime soon.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:29 am

Big yella wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
spanishstag wrote::lol: :lol: What about us poor ifollow seasons pass holders we pay up well in advance ,have to sit here drinking lovely chilled beer on our comfy sofas listening to martins commentary and watching it all unfold on our 50 inch hd tellys ,some of you dont know your born ,plus we cant watch fa cup games

Don't have Pemill to stay, he'll want your best spot on the sofa, you to wait on him with the beer and the remote :roll: :lol:

Or Nobby+1, he'll expect you to repay the cost of his and his sons already reduced entry fee.

yes if everyone else gets repayed dont victimize others
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby pemill » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Free travel, yes I missed that thanks for the idea, they don't do 1st Class on the train to Nottingham though. Pronto and other buses are too slow, if would have to be a limo.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:10 pm

Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Not too bright, are you.

Yet another enlightening addition to a topic from a self crowned Einstein.

I guess you would know that better than most.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Even more disappointment, apparently I didn’t qualify for Man U v Liverpool or Forest v Derby tickets, how does this season ticket lark work
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:34 pm

pemill wrote:Even more disappointment, apparently I didn’t qualify for Man U v Liverpool or Forest v Derby tickets, how does this season ticket lark work

You submit a request in triplicate on two bits of paper, signed by dead living relative, that must be in received by the club at the crack of dawn just after midnight. The club put them all in a giant tombola which is pushed over the Niagra falls whereupon the barrel is then opened by a 6ft tall midget and the lucky winner’s name is read out backwards.

Simple really - I haven’t won any tickets yet but am hopeful of doing so soon.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Seriously as I a season ticket holder, when I know I have guests wishing to attend with me (cos I am so popular!!!!) I just ring up on the first day of sale and order the relevant tickets.

I have been told that this method is known as ‘It is not rocket science’ though I wonder if it will catch on?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 pm

nobby +1 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
spanishstag wrote::lol: :lol: What about us poor ifollow seasons pass holders we pay up well in advance ,have to sit here drinking lovely chilled beer on our comfy sofas listening to martins commentary and watching it all unfold on our 50 inch hd tellys ,some of you dont know your born ,plus we cant watch fa cup games

Don't have Pemill to stay, he'll want your best spot on the sofa, you to wait on him with the beer and the remote :roll: :lol:

Or Nobby+1, he'll expect you to repay the cost of his and his sons already reduced entry fee.

So when you've been to Next pre Xmas and bought that jumper you liked because it's got 20% off, do you go back in January and demand a refund because it's half price in the sale?
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Big yella wrote:
nobby +1 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

So when you've been to Next pre Xmas and bought that jumper you liked because it's got 20% off, do you go back in January and demand a refund because it's half price in the sale?

No, but I know woman that does. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:12 pm

How do you know my wife? :D
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:39 pm

Big yella wrote:
nobby +1 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Or Nobby+1, he'll e
xpect you to repay the cost of his and his sons already reduced entry fee.

So when you've been to Next pre Xmas and bought that jumper you liked because it's got 20% off, do you go back in January and demand a refund because it's half price in the sale? to right saved 40 quid at argos for two of those amozon dot things one day 119 next 99 so take back and rebuy when your skint you have to do these things lol
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:54 pm

nobby +1 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
nobby +1 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

So when you've been to Next pre Xmas and bought that jumper you liked because it's got 20% off, do you go back in January and demand a refund because it's half price in the sale? to right saved 40 quid at argos for two of those amozon dot things one day 119 next 99 so take back and rebuy when your skint you have to do these things lol

We're not talking one day are we. You got your season tickets last summer, and are crying because an offer has been put on games in February and March. You wouldn't have been able to go back to Argos seven months later with your purchase, and bag full of tears, would you?
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:02 am

12 months guarantee so yes
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:16 am

Opinions, eh?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:51 pm

nobby +1 wrote:12 months guarantee so yes

Wrong again. That wouldn't get you a reduction in price, just a replacement. Need a Kleenex.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:20 pm

I am not a season ticket holder as I can't get to many games.

However I understand that you can't buy a season ticket for away games, so basically everyone is a first time customer at each ground. Why then would you expect to have priority over other customers who are just as loyal as you are?

You aren't buying the tickets from MTFC, they are only agents for the selling club and you can only buy tickets for one game at that club each year so I feel everyone is equal in the race to buy.

Maybe you should count your blessings that you actually get first dibs in the first place. The view is even worse if you can't get a ticket.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I am not a season ticket holder as I can't get to many games.

However I understand that you can't buy a season ticket for away games, so basically everyone is a first time customer at each ground. Why then would you expect to have priority over other customers who are just as loyal as you are?

You aren't buying the tickets from MTFC, they are only agents for the selling club and you can only buy tickets for one game at that club each year so I feel everyone is equal in the race to buy.

Maybe you should count your blessings that you actually get first dibs in the first place. The view is even worse if you can't get a ticket.

I don't think any blessings need to be counted, Season Ticket holders pay up front for the privilege of getting to buy tickets first. For a number of fans who can't make every game, they still get a ST a) to support the club with money up front when its needed in the summer, and b) to ensure they get tickets for popular away games / cup games etc.

I agree, we aren't ST holders at other grounds and the loyalty of one fan going to an away game is the same as another... but look at it this way... if you go to buy a plane ticket or a cinema ticket, or even a seat at Field Mill and are first in line when they go on sale - you get to pick where you sit so you get the best choice of seats because you are first to buy. Those who leave it late have to get what is left. That principle applies for loads of things. Black Friday for example, you rock up early you get a great deal - you leave it late in the day you take your chances that its still on offer.

I know there isn't a system to allow selection of a seat at County, as they just send up a bundle of physical tickets to sell. But the fact remains, those who queued up first were given the worst seats in the stand. In many cases so far to the left that you're behind the goal line at the side of the stand. I'm not asking for special dispensation because i'm a ST holder, just some common sense when selling County tickets, ie selling from the middle out, not just left to right. Its a problem unique to Notts County but one that should be addressed in future.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Anyway it looks like the problem won't be there next year as I can't see us playing at Mardy Lane in the near future
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Jamie wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I am not a season ticket holder as I can't get to many games.

I don't think any blessings need to be counted, Season Ticket holders pay up front for the privilege of getting to buy tickets first. For a number of fans who can't make every game, they still get a ST a) to support the club with money up front when its needed in the summer, and b) to ensure they get tickets for popular away games / cup games etc.

I agree, we aren't ST holders at other grounds and the loyalty of one fan going to an away game is the same as another... but look at it this way... if you go to buy a plane ticket or a cinema ticket, or even a seat at Field Mill and are first in line when they go on sale - you get to pick where you sit so you get the best choice of seats because you are first to buy. Those who leave it late have to get what is left. That principle applies for loads of things. Black Friday for example, you rock up early you get a great deal - you leave it late in the day you take your chances that its still on offer.

I know there isn't a system to allow selection of a seat at County, as they just send up a bundle of physical tickets to sell. But the fact remains, those who queued up first were given the worst seats in the stand. In many cases so far to the left that you're behind the goal line at the side of the stand. I'm not asking for special dispensation because i'm a ST holder, just some common sense when selling County tickets, ie selling from the middle out, not just left to right. Its a problem unique to Notts County but one that should be addressed in future.

You don't want special treatment, but you just want the club to go against the instructions of the home club to sell in a certain order. Ok.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:30 pm

Jamie wrote:

But you haven't been queueing like everyone else, you get priority before they go on general sale. If you don't like the rules forego your place in the 'queue' and wait until the seat you want comes up.

I do a lot of shopping at Asda so maybe I should get first dibs at the offers at Tesco's. What is the difference. I can see the argument for home games as you showed loyalty to the club but there isn't a reasonable one for away games.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

But you haven't been queueing like everyone else, you get priority before they go on general sale. If you don't like the rules forego your place in the 'queue' and wait until the seat you want comes up.

I do a lot of shopping at Asda so maybe I should get first dibs at the offers at Tesco's. What is the difference. I can see the argument for home games as you showed loyalty to the club but there isn't a reasonable one for away games.

Exactly Sandy, the Black Friday scenario is just plain stupid. They didn't queue for Friday's bargains, they got in on Thursday.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Is this Stagsnet most boring thread ever ?
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum