{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Postby nobby +1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:03 am

Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
skeglad wrote:Can’t understand why people are blaming Mansfield for this ...surely they are under instruction from the home team (Notts in this case) as to what tickets are to be sold and in which order.
Also several have said that this has happened to them before, I ask them , so why do it again this time?
You got to go to the front of the queue for tickets for a game that is always a sell out for us away fans, stop your whinging. Yes you are season ticket holders but that’s at Field Mill not Mandy Lane or any other away ground.
Suck it up and stop believing that because you are in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket that it gives you a god given right to get what you want anywhere in the country.

Wrong

Why is he?

Season ticket holders are the biggest whingers at the club, stamping their feet all the time about wanting more. They pay less than others into the club but always want the most back. And please don't give me that tired old bull about paying upfront to support the club, they pay up front solely to get in cheaper.

Then at the first sign of the club trying something to entice old fans back or new ones altogether the wailing and foot stomping starts. Boo boo, "But what about us?"

Now you've got them moaning that not only do they want first dibs on away tickets they want to pick their seats. We've also got one wanting a refund for the club's temerity to have a kids for free offer.
no just if one section get refund on ticket those who are same criteria should have same you are 8 i am 8 both should be free not you are 8 i am 8 but have st so i carnt have it free
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PRL13 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:14 am

Season ticket holders should have priority, as it`s their GUARANTEED money that helps keep the Club afloat! I hope we are more helpful to away fans than they are to us. I don`t really want to go to away games after the debacle, poor Policing and near crush at County and Chesterfield last season. Lastly, as a Season Ticket holder, I`m fed up with games being rearranged to an evening kick off as I do other things in the evening. I pay to go to a 3 p.m. kick off on Saturdays!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 am

PRL13 wrote:Season ticket holders should have priority, as it`s their GUARANTEED money that helps keep the Club afloat! I hope we are more helpful to away fans than they are to us. I don`t really want to go to away games after the debacle, poor Policing and near crush at County and Chesterfield last season. Lastly, as a Season Ticket holder, I`m fed up with games being rearranged to an evening kick off as I do other things in the evening. I pay to go to a 3 p.m. kick off on Saturdays!

Here we go...

I remember when I got crushed at all the away games I’ve visited :roll: it’s happened twice, no need to go on and on about it and use it as any excuse not to watch us away from home.

As I said previously when you moaned about getting crushed at an away game. Go and watch the Pamper Premier League however you’d not get many 3pm kick off’s there either.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:20 am

You have a season ticket for home games, not away games. You get priority for big games which I fully agree with but you think you should have the best seats too? Have a word superfans...
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Stag95 wrote:You have a season ticket for home games, not away games. You get priority for big games which I fully agree with but you think you should have the best seats too? Have a word superfans...

So you be happy getting first in the queue for a Black Friday super sale only to be told when you get in you can't have the best offer, they are reserved for those who turn up later.

Lesson learned for me re the ticket arrangements, don't take up the priority offer unless I confirm where the seats are.
If they're raspberry seats get in the general sale queue early by as many tickets as you like and p!ss off other folk in the queue because you have bought them all :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:02 pm

pemill wrote:
Stag95 wrote:You have a season ticket for home games, not away games. You get priority for big games which I fully agree with but you think you should have the best seats too? Have a word superfans...

So you be happy getting first in the queue for a Black Friday super sale only to be told when you get in you can't have the best offer, they are reserved for those who turn up later.

Lesson learned for me re the ticket arrangements, don't take up the priority offer unless I confirm where the seats are.
If they're raspberry seats get in the general sale queue early by as many tickets as you like and p!ss off other folk in the queue because you have bought them all :roll:

No I'm saying it's luck of the draw when it comes to these away tickets. Then next gig away game season ticket holders may get better seats. What I think is silly is that season ticket holders think they have some God given right to have the best seats despite them paying the same as everyone else - even if everyone else isn't as such a saintly super fan.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:09 pm

pemill wrote:

So you'd be happy getting first in the queue for a Black Friday super sale only to be told when you get in you can't have the best offer, they are reserved for those who turn up later - maybe not the best analogy but I'm sure you get the gist of it.

Season ticket holders are worthy of priority seats home & away, cup games particularly big ones, be able to buy as many tickets as they want, have priority of the best cooked Balti pies, served with freshly cooked fries and a glass of Rioja, have heated toilets dedicated for them and them only plus a pre-match / half time lounge with UHDTV so you can catch up with other events - we are so demanding.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
skeglad wrote:Suck it up and stop believing that because you are in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket that it gives you a god given right to get what you want anywhere in the country.

Always love the "can't afford a season ticket" argument.
It works out at about £6 a week and most of the people who say they can't afford one turn up to every home game half cut having spent 2 or 3 hours in the pub before the game. Maybe if they had a couple less pints each week just for one season they could save the money and buy an ST next season. Then when they aren't having to pay £20+ for a ticket every home game they will be able to save for the following season. It's not rocket science.

Ok Sherlock where did I say I couldn’t afford a season ticket ? That’s right nowhere. My reason for not having one? I live 84 miles away and work in retail so have to book days off to come to a game.
But hey don’t let facts get in your way eh.
There Their They're
skeglad
First Team
First Team

Postby PRL13 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Foresttownstag, I watch our team for enjoyment, not to meet our maker! What a moronic way to die, in a crush at a football match. Do me a favour and never talk to me in person, I`ve got better things to do!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:34 pm

PRL13 wrote:Foresttownstag, I watch our team for enjoyment, not to meet our maker! What a moronic way to die, in a crush at a football match. Do me a favour and never talk to me in person, I`ve got better things to do!

Pleasure.

I also watch my team for enjoyment, a large crowd and potential crushing doesn’t put me off though. Arrive early and leave late, it’s quite simple really but each to their own.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:02 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
PRL13 wrote:Foresttownstag, I watch our team for enjoyment, not to meet our maker! What a moronic way to die, in a crush at a football match. Do me a favour and never talk to me in person, I`ve got better things to do!

Pleasure.

I also watch my team for enjoyment, a large crowd and potential crushing doesn’t put me off though. Arrive early and leave late, it’s quite simple really but each to their own.

This crush which happened at county. How many injured may I ask
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:47 pm

The crush didn't bother me so much, it was the crap performance from our team that injured me.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:55 pm

skeglad wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
skeglad wrote:Suck it up and stop believing that because you are in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket that it gives you a god given right to get what you want anywhere in the country.

Always love the "can't afford a season ticket" argument.
It works out at about £6 a week and most of the people who say they can't afford one turn up to every home game half cut having spent 2 or 3 hours in the pub before the game. Maybe if they had a couple less pints each week just for one season they could save the money and buy an ST next season. Then when they aren't having to pay £20+ for a ticket every home game they will be able to save for the following season. It's not rocket science.

Ok Sherlock where did I say I couldn’t afford a season ticket ? That’s right nowhere. My reason for not having one? I live 84 miles away and work in retail so have to book days off to come to a game.
But hey don’t let facts get in your way eh.

Fairly obvious how far away you live by the location on the right !!
If you look at the bit I quoted you used the statement "in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket" so that was the bit I was responding to. Whether you were talking about yourself or others, you were still talking about people not being able to afford one. I was simply advising on how they could overcome this obstacle. But hey, don't let facts get in your way. ;)
Due to other commitments I am not able to get to every home game (probably 15 this season) so it would be cheaper for me to pay on the day, but I choose to have an ST as it guarantees me my seat when I do go, saves me messing about getting tickets for games, and gives me priority on big cup games and away tickets.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:03 am

Everyone's opinion of 'the best seat' is different, though. I prefer to sit just to the left or right of the halfway line, above halfway up the stand, but at County, I was stuck at the far left-hand side. I don't like sitting behind the goal either. Everyone should be able to choose where they sit at home and away. Even if season ticket holders are given priority, chances are most fans would still be able to choose a more preferable seat to the one they'd end up with under the current 'get what you're given' system.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:13 am

SidneyOttewell wrote:Everyone's opinion of 'the best seat' is different, though. I prefer to sit just to the left or right of the halfway line, above halfway up the stand, but at County, I was stuck at the far left-hand side. I don't like sitting behind the goal either. Everyone should be able to choose where they sit at home and away. Even if season ticket holders are given priority, chances are most fans would still be able to choose a more preferable seat to the one they'd end up with under the current 'get what you're given' system.

“Get what you’re given”

Could there ever have been a more appropriate mantra for taking the customer for granted?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 pm

If you are moaning about season ticket priority, wait until we get to the Champion and you have to pay for an away membership scheme to get priority to buy away tickets.

Man City you join an away membership scheme and accumulate points by attending away matches to get priority. Then you can pay extra to double your away points.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 pm

sunray wrote:If you are moaning about season ticket priority, wait until we get to the Champion and you have to pay for an away membership scheme to get priority to buy away tickets.

Man City you join an away membership scheme and accumulate points by attending away matches to get priority. Then you can pay extra to double your away points.

I have said before that I think we should have an away membership scheme anyway for those who aren't season ticket holders but travel away they then get a higher priority level for games when tickets are in demand.

Certain points level for fans before they go on general sale rewarded as follows.

1 point home games
2 points away games under 75 miles
3 points away games 75 miles - 150 miles
4 points away games 150 miles +
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:06 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
sunray wrote:If you are moaning about season ticket priority, wait until we get to the Champion and you have to pay for an away membership scheme to get priority to buy away tickets.

I have said before that I think we should have an away membership scheme anyway for those who aren't season ticket holders but travel away they then get a higher priority level for games when tickets are in demand.

Certain points level for fans before they go on general sale rewarded as follows.

1 point home games

Wouldn't that potentially give somebody who hasn't attended a home game all season and therefore hasn't put a single penny into MTFC priority over somebody who attends a large number of home games every season but not enough to make it worth having an ST ? Not sure that seems very fair.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:14 am

Stags 2002 wrote:

1 point home games

Good idea
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

1 point home games

Good idea
. Don’t you come on here with your good ideas! :)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:42 pm

:lol: :lol: What about us poor ifollow seasons pass holders we pay up well in advance ,have to sit here drinking lovely chilled beer on our comfy sofas listening to martins commentary and watching it all unfold on our 50 inch hd tellys ,some of you dont know your born ,plus we cant watch fa cup games
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:18 pm

spanishstag wrote::lol: :lol: What about us poor ifollow seasons pass holders we pay up well in advance ,have to sit here drinking lovely chilled beer on our comfy sofas listening to martins commentary and watching it all unfold on our 50 inch hd tellys ,some of you dont know your born ,plus we cant watch fa cup games

Don't have Pemill to stay, he'll want your best spot on the sofa, you to wait on him with the beer and the remote :roll: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
spanishstag wrote::lol: :lol: What about us poor ifollow seasons pass holders we pay up well in advance ,have to sit here drinking lovely chilled beer on our comfy sofas listening to martins commentary and watching it all unfold on our 50 inch hd tellys ,some of you dont know your born ,plus we cant watch fa cup games

Don't have Pemill to stay, he'll want your best spot on the sofa, you to wait on him with the beer and the remote :roll: :lol:

Or Nobby+1, he'll expect you to repay the cost of his and his sons already reduced entry fee.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:58 pm

What a ridiculous thread and original post, maybe offer free travel for these precious folk who want to be given seat preferences at away matches.

What if we only were to take 1,000 to county? We would all be sat at the end you moan about.

If County sold 17,000 home tickets week on week, then we would get limited allocation.

Would you whinge the home fans were getting a better view.

You really couldn’t make this up, free cotton wool on offer soon?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:37 pm

BigGuy wrote:What a ridiculous thread and original post, maybe offer free travel for these precious folk who want to be given seat preferences at away matches.

What if we only were to take 1,000 to county? We would all be sat at the end you moan about.

If County sold 17,000 home tickets week on week, then we would get limited allocation.

Would you whinge the home fans were getting a better view.

You really couldn’t make this up, free cotton wool on offer soon?

Not too bright, are you.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum