{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Postby nobby +1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 am

[quote="Iliketrains"]Poor customer care indeed. I have emailed the club twice regarding a couple of things, one even offering help free about something and i haven't even had an acknowledgment in reply after nearly 2 weeks. I'd contact the owners direct to let them know the overall level of customer service at the club is really poor and putting off fans and potential fans, even more so when the club aren't doing so well but i doubt they'd be interested. They are investing in the club and making great strides but neglecting the basics IMO. I've had other issues about tickets and other things - standards of service in some areas at the club is frankly unprofessional, ignorant and at times rank amateur- other people may have had no issues with the club at all and that's great but just speaking from personal experience.[/ I agree complacent staff not all but some and not all the younger ones
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forever Optimistic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:41 am

gazza1988 wrote:My dad is disabled and I'm his carer at most games (he's a season ticket holder). He can get up stairs but not many.

He asked for a end seat, both together and not high up in the middle somewhere. He ended up at the end of row "T" near to their family stand. I ended up with the row in front, in the middle of the next block towards the middle.

Spoke to their stewards and they said to sit next to him and move if anyone claims it. Lucky enough nobody did but that is besides the point. As 2 adults it would have been fine but one was disabled and needed crutches to get around.

Us too Gazza. Our carer ticket was over the other side from the entrance from the disabled person (child) . I had a talk to the stewards and got told the same thing. They did offer to move us if anyone claimed the seats, which luckily no-one did, to the front row. This, if it had happened, would've made my son feel awkward, singled out etc etc. I got told "we've sold out so there's nowhere else to go", which I understand to a certain extent, but still bad management
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:17 am

Conker wrote:The situation was a joke at County, there were 1,000 more seats than fans in that stand yesterday, trying to force seating allocation is a joke.

I disagree to be honest. With that many people the only manageable way to ensure safety if to sit in the allocated seat. When we get promoted over the next few seasons, we'll have to get used to it.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Conker wrote:The situation was a joke at County, there were 1,000 more seats than fans in that stand yesterday, trying to force seating allocation is a joke.

I disagree to be honest. With that many people the only manageable way to ensure safety if to sit in the allocated seat. When we get promoted over the next few seasons, we'll have to get used to it.

Agree entirely, Chander. It is what fans have to put up with in higher leagues.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 pm

I hate it when I go to an away game and a person is sat in my allocated seat.In my opinion an allocated seat means it is allocated to the person with that numbered ticket.If there is a large crowd then people should sit in their allocated seat end of.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 pm

geoffhill wrote:I hate it when I go to an away game and a person is sat in my allocated seat.In my opinion an allocated seat means it is allocated to the person with that numbered ticket.If there is a large crowd then people should sit in their allocated seat end of.

I agree. Last season the stewards told us to “sit anywhere”. This year the stewards were telling us to use allocated seats, but SOME Stags fans are a law unto themselves.
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:38 pm

I agree to a point ES but the 'do what i want - stand / sit where i want' attitude is prevalent among all clubs fanbases sadly.

I experienced a bizarre incident once when i went with friends in the Torquay end of the Shrewsbury v Torquay play off semi final at the New Meadow a few years back and the singers congregated at the back of the stand as they usually do. Anyway an elderly couple had allocated seats slap bang in the middle of the the madness and they were steadfast in their insistence that they wanted to be sat in their allocated seats despite being surrounded on all sides by the more boisterous of the Gulls contingent and despite there being plenty of seats available dotted around the away end.

So they spent the whole of the game sat down in their seats struggling to see as all around were stood AND copping for all the aggro around them.

On that evening i couldn't decide whether i admired their principles or just thought they were a bit bonkers.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Allocating seating is only acceptable to supporters if the supporters could pick their seat when buying their ticket.

In this case it was just a lottery which seat number you were given/bought and that is why supporters are complaining.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:57 pm

In this age of advanced technology i'm amazed that no club has implemented a way for fans to select seats at away games yet on their online ticketing portals.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:02 am

Allocated seating was not needed for Saturday, it caused more issues than it was worth. That stand held more than enough to hold our allocation and looking at the photos you could see gaps of empty seats.

As others have said, in this day and age people who want to stand etc should be able to purchase there tickets accordingly and people who wish to sit the same.

I’ve seen it before when clubs have large allocations they sell blocks that are “singing sections” and for fans who wish to stand.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:53 am

Can’t understand why people are blaming Mansfield for this ...surely they are under instruction from the home team (Notts in this case) as to what tickets are to be sold and in which order.
Also several have said that this has happened to them before, I ask them , so why do it again this time?
You got to go to the front of the queue for tickets for a game that is always a sell out for us away fans, stop your whinging. Yes you are season ticket holders but that’s at Field Mill not Mandy Lane or any other away ground.
Suck it up and stop believing that because you are in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket that it gives you a god given right to get what you want anywhere in the country.
There Their They're
skeglad
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:22 pm

skeglad wrote:Can’t understand why people are blaming Mansfield for this ...surely they are under instruction from the home team (Notts in this case) as to what tickets are to be sold and in which order.
Also several have said that this has happened to them before, I ask them , so why do it again this time?
You got to go to the front of the queue for tickets for a game that is always a sell out for us away fans, stop your whinging. Yes you are season ticket holders but that’s at Field Mill not Mandy Lane or any other away ground.
Suck it up and stop believing that because you are in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket that it gives you a god given right to get what you want anywhere in the country.

Wrong
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:58 pm

skeglad wrote:Can’t understand why people are blaming Mansfield for this ...surely they are under instruction from the home team (Notts in this case) as to what tickets are to be sold and in which order.

So, being first in the queue to get tickets you'd expect to be in the worst possible seats would you?, thought not. It is the club that give priority to season ticket holders, as a way of thanks for committing to the whole season no knowing if it will be good, bad or indifferent. If any walk of life if you are first in the queue you expect the best deal, seats, etc.

It is absolute nonsense that County would give instruction on the order they should sell tickets, especially when history says we would sell out.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:51 pm

I think it is down to the stags ticket office how the seats are distributed.Does anybody know if this is the case?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:56 pm

geoffhill wrote:I think it is down to the stags ticket office how the seats are distributed.Does anybody know if this is the case?

I think the home club have a say on what blocks are sold first etc.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I think it is down to the stags ticket office how the seats are distributed.Does anybody know if this is the case?

But when it is known that all will be sold then it does not matter which are sold first.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:39 pm

part time pete wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

But when it is known that all will be sold then it does not matter which are sold first.

Notts County obviously don't care who sits where. MTFC probably don't care either or care enough for any thought or plan or are totally oblivious to this issue..
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:17 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Wrong

Please expand oh great one. What is wrong? Why is it wrong? It’s explained earlier in the thread that Notts say which tickets are sold first. What gives season ticket holders the right to grab the best seats away from home simply because they have a season ticket for the mill? Or do you believe that season ticket holders have a Devine right to get exactly what they want when they want and any one else is wrong to think otherwise?
There Their They're
skeglad
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Iliketrains wrote:In this age of advanced technology i'm amazed that no club has implemented a way for fans to select seats at away games yet on their online ticketing portals.

Sadly, our ticketing technology is so advanced(!) that season ticket holders can't even buy tickets for their allocated seat for a home cup match online.
Instead, we have to either phone up or visit the ticket office during opening hours, while the bloke who goes to 1 game a season can buy the seat next to us at midnight while sitting in front of his TV in his underpants !!
Cheaterfield fans can log on to their website, buy their ticket, and it is automatically added to their season ticket card. No printing, no phone calls, and no trying to get to the ticket office when you should be at work.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:40 pm

skeglad wrote:Suck it up and stop believing that because you are in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket that it gives you a god given right to get what you want anywhere in the country.

Always love the "can't afford a season ticket" argument.
It works out at about £6 a week and most of the people who say they can't afford one turn up to every home game half cut having spent 2 or 3 hours in the pub before the game. Maybe if they had a couple less pints each week just for one season they could save the money and buy an ST next season. Then when they aren't having to pay £20+ for a ticket every home game they will be able to save for the following season. It's not rocket science.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:51 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Wrong

Why is he?

Season ticket holders are the biggest whingers at the club, stamping their feet all the time about wanting more. They pay less than others into the club but always want the most back. And please don't give me that tired old bull about paying upfront to support the club, they pay up front solely to get in cheaper.

Then at the first sign of the club trying something to entice old fans back or new ones altogether the wailing and foot stomping starts. Boo boo, "But what about us?"

Now you've got them moaning that not only do they want first dibs on away tickets they want to pick their seats. We've also got one wanting a refund for the club's temerity to have a kids for free offer.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:33 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
skeglad wrote:Suck it up and stop believing that because you are in an enviable position of being able to afford a season ticket that it gives you a god given right to get what you want anywhere in the country.

Always love the "can't afford a season ticket" argument.
It works out at about £6 a week and most of the people who say they can't afford one turn up to every home game half cut having spent 2 or 3 hours in the pub before the game. Maybe if they had a couple less pints each week just for one season they could save the money and buy an ST next season. Then when they aren't having to pay £20+ for a ticket every home game they will be able to save for the following season. It's not rocket science.

That's quite an assumption about "most of the people who say they can't afford one"
Mortgage, family, food, vehicles and utility bills may have a baring on the matter don't you think?
It's not rocket science.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:33 am

At every club up the leagues, you can pick where you want to sit, we just don't do it. I agree, why should priority tickets get the worst view? When we buy the tickets there should be an offer of, what block do you want to sit in. It's really not that hard.

People on general sale then get what's left.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:59 am

MTFC should set the trend. Before sending out the away ticket put the mid stand tickets on top of the pile to sell first to away season ticket holders. Might take the office staff five minutes.
Then request that the away office staff do the same for the tickets they send to Mansfield. A phone call would take another five minutes.

Rocket science for our office staff
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:05 am

That's far to easy sunray, not to mention logical.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum