{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Postby pemill » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:32 am

Maybe my expectations of being a season ticket holder and regular away supporter are too high?

So being a season ticket holder you get the privilege of being able to order your ticket before the masses but only the one mind, your wife, husband, partner or the like wouldn't want to come to such a big game despite supporting the Stags at Newport, Carlisle, Colchester to name but a few.

OK, so I could have forgone my option to buy one ticket early and join the masses to buy 2 tickets, with the risk of missing out I chose not to and my wife said not to bother trying to get another - all fine and dandy you would think, until you turn up at Mardy Lane and see the seats that the season ticket holders have been given, lets just say we were shafted, there was no privileges given to us by means of buying tickets early - the next available seats bar none were in the Trent End at the City Ground, we couldn't have been further from the action.

It was an absolute joke, as we have seen on other occasions the very loyal season ticket holders get a pretty raw deal, in comparison to non regulars, glory hunters, hooligans looking for a fight and those who have no other interest than having an all day piss up - don't get me wrong that's their choice but come on Mansfield Town let them have the raspberry seats.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Re: Seat allocations for season ticket holders

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am

We got 6 tickets together. Ended up having to go through different entrances and had a walkway between our group. Wasnt a huge problem for 6 adults but still very annoying.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:39 am

I would start by saying i had an issue with my tickets not arriving by post and our ticket office were amazing in sorting us out with replacements.

I originally booked tickets on the first morning they came out and now feel naive for not requesting a specific block as I was sat level with the front row of the family stand. Carlisle, at least, have the decency to block off the same block in the overlong stand.

I am hoping that someone at our club has just started at the bottom right of the tickets on sale and worked logically without thinking about view or season ticket holder 'privilege'. The irony was that our son bought at the last minute and was put bang on the halfway line with an amazing view. This just needs a quick look at the club policy particularly if we manage to get into League One. Annoying but hopefully an innocent mistake.

I do think my nephew who couldn't get a ticket got the best view out of all of us though!
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 am

That's a fair point pemill. I didn't buy my ticket until the first day they went on general sale even though I am a season ticket holder. I ended up in the second block from the end and could see all the season ticket holders to the left of me or in front of me. Season ticket holders ought to have had the chance to buy the seats in the centre near the halfway line.

This is County's fault rather than the club's fault. I asked for a seat in a specific block but the club said they just had to sell the tickets in order in the blocks that had been given to them. County had clearly decided to start selling them from the Trent End and then work their way to the other end.

I might go and watch County play Newport on Tuesday night. I'll pay on the turnstile for the away end and have a choice of good seats on the halfway line. I did this last season for the Accrington and Crawley games at Meadow Lane.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:45 pm

It was the same at Lincoln and Crewe. I think the ticket office just start at the top of the pile and work their way through. They're not to know where the seats are.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:47 pm

However hard anyone tries to justify it, it is 100% wrong to give the early purchasers the worst seats. Miffed at being sold seats level with the goal line but not as miffed as by our pathetic performance.

Roll on next week. I’m with Flitcroft - I wish we had a Tuesday game before.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Wished I'd have not bothered turning up on the day... a bit like the players.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:29 pm

I went to get 2 tickets on the last day of sale for Season Ticket holders, and they were selling "Z" block, which I know can be a poor view, especially at the end of the stand as it runs further than the goal line. I asked if I could have tickets in "Y" block which is the halfway line area, the answer was "no, we have to sell them in order", so I didn't buy any and took the chance of they'll be better tickets in the general sale, and I did end up buying 2 tickets in "Y" block, near the halfway line.

Surely, it's not that difficult to sell "Y" block to Season Ticket holders? :shock:

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:22 pm

The worst thing about my seat yesterday was that it was facing the pitch.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 pm

shssssss dont mention season tickets you get called from a pig to a dog like i did for my 8 year old grandson who got his through birthdays and xmas monies to find you get in free to 3 games but no refund little chap for season ticket holders the lady said so stay at home on games and wait till its free dont comit to you team
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamie » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Totally agree and said the same yesterday. It's always the way. The club seem to just do them in order and give no thought to where the seats are. Wouldn't take much time or brain power to do this properly and sell from the middle first.

I had already planned to write to the club about this. I stump up year after year and somehow get the worst view in the stand because we had had the cheek to get our tickets quickly when put on priority sale.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:03 pm

TBH I was happy to be sat at the opposite end to the drunks and the smoke bombs.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Why didn’t you just sit where you wanted like most others did?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Surely the club are not responsible for where away fans sit ,season ticket holder yes ,ok royal box ,peasant near the bogs , makes me laugh really
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:46 pm

spanishstag wrote:Surely the club are not responsible for where away fans sit ,season ticket holder yes ,ok royal box ,peasant near the bogs , makes me laugh really

There, were you?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Nobody sat in my seat its 1500 km you know tell you what i saw a match ,where we fell short ,but not robbed by the ref unlike some on here
Last edited by spanishstag on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:52 pm

spanishstag wrote:Nobody sat in my seat its 1500 km you know

Good to see you have impeccable long-distance vision.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:52 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Nobody sat in my seat its 1500 km you know

Good to see you have impeccable long-distance vision.

I edited my post
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagtastic1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:09 pm

stag861 wrote:It was the same at Lincoln and Crewe. I think the ticket office just start at the top of the pile and work their way through. They're not to know where the seats are.

I had the same problem at Lincoln, sat front row on the left looking at pitch. Had
a great view of the porta cabins. Not really Mansfields fault, but feel Lincoln should review selling tickets for this area.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:52 pm

The situation was a joke at County, there were 1,000 more seats than fans in that stand yesterday, trying to force seating allocation is a joke.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:01 pm

When I brought our tickets, I wanted to choose my seats because I've got an 8 year old who struggles to see when everyone stands up. They told me to just sit where I wanted, even though the tickets have numbers on them. When you get to the ground they won't even let you in if it's not the right entrance!
It's all a bit amateurish from the club - they sell away tickets twice a month. All it takes is a seating plan and a bit of common sense. You often see the fans pictures with our ticket sellers - they're never in bad seats!
We do a similar thing at home with the family tickets - they cram as many as they can into A block before selling B block, so the best seats go to those who purchase on match days.
Dave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Dave wrote:When I brought our tickets, I wanted to choose my seats because I've got an 8 year old who struggles to see when everyone stands up. They told me to just sit where I wanted, even though the tickets have numbers on them. When you get to the ground they won't even let you in if it's not the right entrance!
It's all a bit amateurish from the club - they sell away tickets twice a month. All it takes is a seating plan and a bit of common sense. You often see the fans pictures with our ticket sellers - they're never in bad seats!
We do a similar thing at home with the family tickets - they cram as many as they can into A block before selling B block, so the best seats go to those who purchase on match days.

It’s barmy, and sadly evidence of poor customer care.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Dave wrote:When I brought our tickets, I wanted to choose my seats because I've got an 8 year old who struggles to see when everyone stands up. They told me to just sit where I wanted, even though the tickets have numbers on them. When you get to the ground they won't even let you in if it's not the right entrance!

It's two games a season though where you have to sit in your allocated seat, so it's a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. Also, like I said further up, most I know just sat wherever they wanted anyway.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:36 pm

My dad is disabled and I'm his carer at most games (he's a season ticket holder). He can get up stairs but not many.

He asked for a end seat, both together and not high up in the middle somewhere. He ended up at the end of row "T" near to their family stand. I ended up with the row in front, in the middle of the next block towards the middle.

Spoke to their stewards and they said to sit next to him and move if anyone claims it. Lucky enough nobody did but that is besides the point. As 2 adults it would have been fine but one was disabled and needed crutches to get around.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Poor customer care indeed. I have emailed the club twice regarding a couple of things, one even offering help free about something and i haven't even had an acknowledgment in reply after nearly 2 weeks. I'd contact the owners direct to let them know the overall level of customer service at the club is really poor and putting off fans and potential fans, even more so when the club aren't doing so well but i doubt they'd be interested. They are investing in the club and making great strides but neglecting the basics IMO. I've had other issues about tickets and other things - standards of service in some areas at the club is frankly unprofessional, ignorant and at times rank amateur- other people may have had no issues with the club at all and that's great but just speaking from personal experience.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum