{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our 'Fans'

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Our 'Fans'

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:21 am

Iliketrains wrote:It was only a 5th loss of the season, a record only bettered by top of the table Lincoln. The Stags currently sit in the 3rd automatic spot. Yes it was a poor performance but unfortunately over the course of season you are going to get one or two. It was just typical that one had to come in the 'big one' but that's no reason to go totally overboard and act like emotionally challenged children.

Look at the bigger picture, get a grip and grow up is my advice to the hecklers. By all means don't clap the team off if you think they haven't put in the requisite effort but don't abuse and heckle when these players have got MTFC in such a strong position. In isolation it's 3 points that have disappeared, promotion hasn't yet.

This.
Notts had it hyped as the biggest Nottinghamshire derby ever but it only ever was for them. They desperately needed to win and we didn't, so even after two successive losses we are still in the automatic places.

The anger is always from tribalistic kids and drunks who have the 'my town is better than your town' mentality of medieval times.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:39 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
I know let's start a crowd funding page to pay for counselling if the poor little soldiers are struggling after a hand full of folk had the audacity to shout at them. :roll:

And I rest my point.

When the likes of Grant decide they don’t want to join full time in the summer, maybe start a page to sign someone else who will put up with being abused.

Rest what you want you talk utter drivel. They're footballers they'll sign for whoever pays them the most money fact!! The lot of them are mercenaries. Gone are the days of playing for the badge i am afraid that died years ago when the likes of Sandy Pate and Kevin Bird retired.

Although I agree to a point . It's not just football , it's society on a whole. Football has improved in a lot of ways but not in others . The FA cup isnt the same . Teams in the Premiership aim to get in the top four and winning the league is a bonus . Agents have a huge impact on players you will rarely see a player have a testimonial now but there are players and teams who play for the badge .
Leicester would of never won the league If that's the case . Teams like Bournemouth, Accrington , AFC Wimbledon have got where they are on fight and passion .
County definitely played for their badge yesterday .
Yesterday was a shocking gutless performance but I can't be critical on our team over the season . Quite the opposite . Many have said on here that this team has shown more passion and togetherness than most Stags teams there seen .

Newport I can blame on the pitch . It was always going to not suit our stye of play . I'm hoping yesterday was a very bad day at the office .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Aspleystag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:52 am

Lets face historically Mansfield always fail to turn up on big occasions when they get a big crowd, 3 points on saturday and we will be back on track.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:07 pm

I shouted some verbals. Not directly at an individual, but 'that was s...', etc. which it was.

I'm not particularly proud, but similarly I'm not going to lose sleep about how it might have made the players feel. I don't think anyone can be surprised by the reaction of the paying fans, having been let down so badly. And no I'm not a '1 match Charlie'. I was at Colchester and Stevenage away, part of the hardy few who carried the players to victory, showing them.complete adoration at full time.

Fans are fickle, I know I am, Mansfield town fans aren't unique in that.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 pm

You needed a drink after watching that, never mind before it.
Nice to see the moral highgrounders out, lauding there own support.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Abusing players isn’t the answer. If you are totally disappointed with the lack of application vote with your feet and don’t bother going. After all you have the choice it’s not mandatory.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:48 pm

bigalstag wrote:You needed a drink after watching that, never mind before it.

Other than during a pub fight or now at football match it seems, please tell me in what other context it is perfectly OK to shout "you useless sh*t f*cker" at somebody in public?

Would you shout it at the bloke behind the counter in the chip shop who under the stresses and strains of servicing a ever increasing queue forgets to adorn your favourite saturday night evening meal with the appropriate condiments perhaps?

Would you shout it at your youngest child in school playground when you become aware that they have accidentally left their school bag at home?

Would you shout it at the bus driver in front of other passengers when the bus turns up 5 minutes late?

No. I don't think anyone would.

So if anyone think's it's ok to shout stuff like that at random footballers inside a football ground which is a public place last time i checked then yes, i can most certainly take the moral high ground on this and be 100% correct.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Iliketrains wrote:

Other than during a pub fight or now at football match it seems, please tell me in what other context it is perfectly OK to shout "you useless sh*t f*cker" at somebody in public?

Would you shout it at the bloke behind the counter in the chip shop who under the stresses and strains of servicing a ever increasing queue forgets to adorn your favourite saturday night evening meal with the appropriate condiments perhaps?

Would you shout it at your youngest child in school playground when you become aware that they have accidentally left their school bag at home?

Would you shout it at the bus driver in front of other passengers when the bus turns up 5 minutes late?

So if anyone think's it's ok to shout stuff like that at random footballers then yes, i can most certainly take the moral high ground on this and be 100% correct.

You make a very valid point
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Iliketrains wrote:

So if anyone think's it's ok to shout stuff like that at random footballers inside a football ground which is a public place last time i checked then yes, i can most certainly take the moral high ground on this and be 100% correct.

No they wouldn't, the just call us 'bus winkers' instead :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Iliketrains wrote:

Well said
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:

No they wouldn't, the just call us 'bus winkers' instead :lol:

I've certainly shouted similar at bus drivers who pull away when they see you running for the bus stop. raspberry the lot of them.

As for yesterday, I don't agree with shouting abuse at players, but I'm sure they've all played enough football to know that turning in a performance like that, especially in a local derby, is going to lead to you getting pelters from the fans.

While the players are having a post match laugh & drink with their fellow professionals, the fans are trudging back to their cars copping dogs abuse from the opposition support. (And yes I know we dish it out too).

The trouble is most players don't really think like fans, to them it's a job & 5 minutes after the final whistle goes they really don't give a raspberries. Monday comes & they go back to work as normal. For the fans losing ruins certainly their weekend, and most of their week. Lose a derby as a fan you've got to wait months to get over it. Players are happy when the fans are kissing their arse, but there is a flip side to that, let those same fans down, like yesterday, and the person singing your name at kick off will almost certainly be calling you a useless raspberry at the final whistle.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Debbie dingles legs » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Talking of raspberries I just wish I had a box of rotting ones to launch at our sorry bunch as they trudged off
Debbie dingles legs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Debbie dingles legs wrote:Talking of raspberries I just wish I had a box of rotting ones to launch at our sorry bunch as they trudged off

Over-reaction, perhaps?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Iliketrains wrote:

There’s a type of person who thinks that once they are in a football ground they can behave in any way they want, which includes abusing the players, abusing anyone around them who objects to their behaviour or language, getting completely hammered, taking a leak in the concourse because the toilets are busy, swearing in front of kids and families and gesturing to opposing fans to meet them outside. Regular charmers. Thankfully, they only tend to come out for games like yesterday’s - where it’s just an all day drinking session. I just wish they wouldn’t bother turning up.

Btw - I Like Trains are a good band. Seen them support Embrace at Rock City. Unfortunately one of them’s a Notts County fan
Last edited by Steve North on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Sorry theres types of people who think they can abuse people end of ,not football fans at all its the snowflakes
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassisclass » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Just when we thought that racism was being left in the past, one if "ours" was quite rightly ejected by stewards during the first half for constant foul, abusive and racist language..
This was obviously witnessed by everyone in the vicinity with a mixture of disbelief and discust.
It would be interesting to see the outcome as the police will obviously be involved.
cassisclass
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:13 pm

cassisclass wrote:Just when we thought that racism was being left in the past, one if "ours" was quite rightly ejected by stewards during the first half for constant foul, abusive and racist language..
This was obviously witnessed by everyone in the vicinity with a mixture of disbelief and discust.
It would be interesting to see the outcome as the police will obviously be involved.

It won’t be enough
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassisclass » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:33 pm

You are probably right Edwinstowe, but what made it so alarming was the venom and pure hatered in how it was delivered..l understand passion, but this was pure evil.
Fair play to the lad that reported him and he said that he would testify to the police.
cassisclass
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:10 pm

He wasn't the only one then i didn't hear what was said but when Hemmings came on something was said and a bloke turned round to confront him and say you can't say that its unacceptable - he should be applauded for doing so and confronting him.

However the bloke who made the original racist comment started to get aggressive offer him out and ended up calling him a four eyed c*nt and where practically swinging for each other.

A third man then got involved telling them to both shut up and sit down by which time the stewards finally came up to confront the third man and the person who stood up against the racist comment. They did not want to listen and just told them to sit down and enjoy the football. After they left it continued again but eventually died down.

All this with kids sat in the vicinity.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 pm

I had to sit with my County mate in the Pavis Stand 'cos I couldn't get a ticket with our fans.

Couldn't comment on what went on in the JS stand but my view is that all supporters are the same in how you interpret trips,pushes,tackles etc. That's comes with the territory.

Any alleged objectional behaviour but more importantly racist/homophobic comments are bang out of order.

However....from where I sat there wasn't that much noise generated from our fans after the first 10 mins or so. First 15 mins in the second half and there was a buzz but overall I was disappointed with the backing the players got.

That said, it is a chicken and egg situation...if players give their all that encourages the fans but if the fans don't encourage the players then that has a down side.

For me players didn't give their all and I agree with Martin on his report as to the performance and players ratings.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 am

Bridgford Stag wrote:I had to sit with my County mate in the Pavis Stand 'cos I couldn't get a ticket with our fans.

Couldn't comment on what went on in the JS stand but my view is that all supporters are the same in how you interpret trips,pushes,tackles etc. That's comes with the territory.

Any alleged objectional behaviour but more importantly racist/homophobic comments are bang out of order.

However....from where I sat there wasn't that much noise generated from our fans after the first 10 mins or so. First 15 mins in the second half and there was a buzz but overall I was disappointed with the backing the players got.

That said, it is a chicken and egg situation...if players give their all that encourages the fans but if the fans don't encourage the players then that has a down side.

For me players didn't give their all and I agree with Martin on his report as to the performance and players ratings.

Well you answer your point about disappointing support. We were all geared up to back the team, and did so as you say early on, but speaking for the people around me, all were stunned at how uncommitted, poor, whatever adjective you can think of , we were.
That showing took the stuffing out of everyone in that stand, who's acoustics also don't lend themselves to a raucous atmosphere.
That's not meant to be an excuse, just how I saw it. We were awful, it lent itself to the fans, and the end result was predictable.
On another note, we signed David Kelly a good number of years ago, his experience helped get us over the line on and off the pitch........did nobody think that when Mackail-Smith was available he could be a great signing? My goodness what would you give for him in a Mansfield shirt...at us all day.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:59 am

stagmanrob wrote:This will be one of them guaranteed.
[tweet]tweet]

Yes of course - this must be true :roll: :roll: . He goes to most games, I know him well.

some idiot on social media looking for some likes and attention. Did you hear or witness any altercation rob or are you just posting it because it must be true as this moron posted it? Social media is the death of society because of idiots like Jemma Page. There have been many reports of an altercation which were in fact started by this woman's sister... so i suggest you edit or remove this post before you wrongly convict someones face to the public eye incorrectly
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
[tweet]tweet]

Yes of course - this must be true :roll: :roll: . He goes to most games, I know him well.

some idiot on social media looking for some likes and attention. Did you hear or witness any altercation rob or are you just posting it because it must be true as this moron posted it? Social media is the death of society because of idiots like Jemma Page. There have been many reports of an altercation which were in fact started by this woman's sister... so i suggest you edit or remove this post before you wrongly convict someones face to the public eye incorrectly

I don't know the bloke in question, but I've known Jemma and Amy's Dad since I started going to games aged four. So you're trying to tell me Ian has raised two daughters to be complete and utter liars?
One of which is a goalkeeper coach for Nottingham Forest ladies 1st team, and both of which have coached girls youth football and are a big part of the local footballing community?

I know who I'd choose to believe over a middle aged man who has had too much ale down his neck to be honest with you. Bet he felt big and clever arguing with a female who pulled him up on his behaviour too. Hard man.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:42 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
[tweet]tweet]

I don't know the bloke in question, but I've known Jemma and Amy's Dad since I started going to games aged four. So you're trying to tell me Ian has raised two daughters to be complete and utter liars?
One of which is a goalkeeper coach for Nottingham Forest ladies 1st team, and both of which have coached girls youth football and are a big part of the local footballing community?

I know who I'd choose to believe over a middle aged man who has had too much ale down his neck to be honest with you. Bet he felt big and clever arguing with a female who pulled him up on his behaviour too. Hard man.

so to clarify, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about then? you saw nothing, heard nothing and are literally posting this based on a 'tweet'. Two sides to every story

And by the way, i am not denying there was an altercation - There just seems to be some alternative facts to get some social media attention
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
[tweet]tweet]

so to clarify, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about then? you saw nothing, heard nothing and are literally posting this based on a 'tweet'. Two sides to every story

And by the way, i am not denying there was an altercation - There just seems to be some alternative facts to get some social media attention

Since when has stagsnet become a kangaroo court ?, I don’t know the guy but to plaster a picture of him on here is out of order ...
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum