{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our 'Fans'

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Our 'Fans'

Postby BigGuy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:10 pm

With that absolute stinker of a performance, has again come the appalling reaction of a small minority at the final whistle.

When you are second in the league (as we were at the time), why would you tell your own players to 'f... off' ??

Anyway, read my little write up below (viewer discretion is required due to it's language), please do not click if you are easily offended. I make my point on these idiots, at the bottom of the piece.

http://inancienttimes.co.uk/?p=1045
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Re: Our 'Fans'

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:15 pm

It's on here too, people bragging about how they abused our own players. It's pathetic.

Well said Mike.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:20 pm

seconded - well said. Of course it was a terrible performance but very disappointing to read about the reaction of some at full time.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:52 pm

I don’t codemn swearing but what did people expect ? It was a bad performance and the players didn’t deserve being applauded off.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:59 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:I don’t codemn swearing but what did people expect ? It was a bad performance and the players didn’t deserve being applauded off.

of course the players didn't deserve applauding off. There is not being applauded off, and there is what Big Guy describes.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BigGuy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:09 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:I don’t codemn swearing but what did people expect ? It was a bad performance and the players didn’t deserve being applauded off.

I stood there dumfounded, I didn’t feel the need to clap back as they didn’t deserve it.

Nor did I feel the need to tell em where to get off, or refer to them as bankers.

You see, I wanted the players to know that with a few games left, the majority will back them to win the right number of games to takes us to promotion.

Not turn on them like a small bunch did today, shameful.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:32 pm

I didn't expect any less to be honest. If we were top of the league and that was our first loss they would of reacted the same .
Shocking team performance and i tefused to applaud them off , which us a first for years but the reaction by some was embarrassing, hurtful and no loyality to our club whatsoever .
A good amount won't be seen again this season unless we are in a promotion winning game .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:48 pm

What did you expect.

We took more than 4,300 today but how many of those will turn up at the mill on a regular basis?

If you add the ones that went into the county end and into the hospitality and boxes it was probably nearer to 5.000.

Unfortunately there is a proportion who only go for the ale and a day out and I'd suggest that is where most (admittedly not all) of the hecklers come from.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 am

It was only a 5th loss of the season, a record only bettered by top of the table Lincoln. The Stags currently sit in the 3rd automatic spot. Yes it was a poor performance but unfortunately over the course of season you are going to get one or two. It was just typical that one had to come in the 'big one' but that's no reason to go totally overboard and act like emotionally challenged children.

Look at the bigger picture, get a grip and grow up is my advice to the hecklers. By all means don't clap the team off if you think they haven't put in the requisite effort but don't abuse and heckle when these players have got MTFC in such a strong position. In isolation it's 3 points that have disappeared, promotion hasn't yet.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 am

Plastic fans who probably shout abuse at the TV when the actual team they claim to support is playing.

Lincoln get stick for having plastic fans, but at least the majority of them have bought season tickets.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:03 am

I don't boo or shout obscenities at the players and never have it doesn't do any good. They have given a lot of enjoyment this season and we are in a good position, the just standing in silence is enough of a protest.
However the very few that I saw , and I'm talking about 4 near the Kop End side looked old enough to know better, a grey haired bloke putting two fingers up and the Nescafé wave, should be ashamed of himself this morning.

In the Pitcher and Piano after, was Gary Bowyer and Tommy Johnson, they'd been to the game. Two Stags fans sat asking their opinion, first question "When you going to take over at Mansfield Gary?" He replied "Why would I do that you are third in the league ". Unbelievable.

Two decent blokes, who spoke highly of our manager, and said he would be hurting very badly tonight.

Now's the time to support the team, help them over the line, not castigate them.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagable » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:32 am

There were more than a few fans around us at the final whistle swearing and sticking their fingers up at the players. Bish came to clap us and turned round very quickly towards the tunnel and I saw Jones (I think) turn to Pearce clearly shocked and upset at the reaction. I hope this hasn’t done more damage to morale than the loss itself. We need to support the team in defeat as well as victory!
stagable
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:00 am

stagable wrote:There were more than a few fans around us at the final whistle swearing and sticking their fingers up at the players. Bish came to clap us and turned round very quickly towards the tunnel and I saw Jones (I think) turn to Pearce clearly shocked and upset at the reaction. I hope this hasn’t done more damage to morale than the loss itself. We need to support the team in defeat as well as victory!

I know let's start a crowd funding page to pay for counselling if the poor little soldiers are struggling after a hand full of folk had the audacity to shout at them. :roll:
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:12 am

stagable wrote:There were more than a few fans around us at the final whistle swearing and sticking their fingers up at the players. Bish came to clap us and turned round very quickly towards the tunnel and I saw Jones (I think) turn to Pearce clearly shocked and upset at the reaction. I hope this hasn’t done more damage to morale than the loss itself. We need to support the team in defeat as well as victory!

The reverse should happen and the players use it as motivation. We do have lots of big time Charlie’s who pop up at big games, who couldn’t fight themselves out of a paper bag. Embarrassing!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:14 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

The reverse should happen and the players use it as motivation. We do have lots of big time Charlie’s who pop up at big games, who couldn’t fight themselves out of a paper bag. Embarrassing!!!

We all know who they are.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:14 am

I had the unfortunate luck to be near one or two, cussing our players the entire game.

I can sorta forgive during the game because of emotions, and the performance was truely absymal but if you don’t want to clap them at the end just leave. That’s what I did.
Last edited by Conker on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:15 am

Conker wrote:I had the unfortunate luck to be near one or two, cussing our players the entire game.

I can sorta forgive during the game because of emotions, and the performance was truest absymal but if you don’t want to clap them at the end just leave. That’s what I did.

Agreed. A stony silence has more impact than a few morons booing.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:38 am

Beers in, wits out.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:46 am

I did not boo our players or criticise them yesterday. At the end of the game I just stood dumbfounded in a state of shock having witnessed a total lack of effort and commitment in a game most of our fans regard as our most important of the season.

I would suspect most of the gesturing people were the once a season beer monsters who only appear for local derbies and glory matches. I did not notice that behaviour at Newport last week.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stags1963 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:26 am

I thought it was a really nice gesture for Smith to come over and give his shirt to some one in the Mansfield end.
stags1963
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BigGuy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:28 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
I know let's start a crowd funding page to pay for counselling if the poor little soldiers are struggling after a hand full of folk had the audacity to shout at them. :roll:

And I rest my point.

When the likes of Grant decide they don’t want to join full time in the summer, maybe start a page to sign someone else who will put up with being abused.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am

I had a couple of idiots , tanked up near me .
That number 3 is rubbish . Get number 8 off . What the hell is number 6 doing ?
I said he's been our best player all season along with Pearce.
A guy replied . . How would I know I only go to the County and dippers games .

Summed it up for me .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am

BigGuy wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

And I rest my point.

When the likes of Grant decide they don’t want to join full time in the summer, maybe start a page to sign someone else who will put up with being abused.

Rest what you want you talk utter drivel. They're footballers they'll sign for whoever pays them the most money fact!! The lot of them are mercenaries. Gone are the days of playing for the badge i am afraid that died years ago when the likes of Sandy Pate and Kevin Bird retired.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:48 am

I looked around me at full time & everyone's face said it all . Completely gob smacked
I clapped them but gave them evils too lol
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:54 am

I put as much effort as they did, I walked out
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Next