{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Embarrassing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Embarrassing

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:44 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Yeah bringing Macca on was strange.

I think it was a desperate move bringing him on, hoping it would lift the fans and players. Didn’t work and agree others should have been on ahead of him considering he’d only had 45 minutes in the reserves.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:37 am

Can't believe County fans suddenly thinking they are all of a sudden Barcelona though. Apparently that was their best performance of the season, but they rarely troubled Smith in looking like nabbing another goal to kill the game off for me.
As team's go, they now look more than capable of surviving, but aside from that, they are no more than an average League 2 looking team.

We were just that terrible that we would have lost to anybody on Saturday.
If we would have even been at 50-60% of our usual best, we would have probably beaten that Notts side.

It was inexcusable, we made them look like Barcelona ourselves, not them suddenly becoming it.

Another performance like that and it will be clear that the players have lost their nerve with the pressure on them to finish the job.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:38 am

Defo very strange. Almost as strange as bishop lording it up to the county fans at the start of the second half and totally ignoring the 4250 fans who would have appreciated some kind of gesture to gee the fans and the team up.
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Binghamstag wrote:Defo very strange. Almost as strange as bishop lording it up to the county fans at the start of the second half and totally ignoring the 4250 fans who would have appreciated some kind of gesture to gee the fans and the team up.

I saw that, banging his hand on his heart, whilst looking up at them. To do it so publically in front of us, for me it proved where his feeling were on the day regardless of his press conference. Not the best piece of PR.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby scotsstag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Binghamstag wrote:Defo very strange. Almost as strange as bishop lording it up to the county fans at the start of the second half and totally ignoring the 4250 fans who would have appreciated some kind of gesture to gee the fans and the team up.

I saw that, banging his hand on his heart, whilst looking up at them. To do it so publically in front of us, for me it proved where his feeling were on the day regardless of his press conference. Not the best piece of PR.

I saw that as well, just gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was banging on his shirts Mansfield badge.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:06 pm

Tbf to Bish he’s been by far our best player and obviously still loves Notts, so can slightly understand how mixed up he could have been feeling. BUT NOT ON THE FOOTBALL PITCH!!! Before or after I haven’t got a problem, or if we’d had played well and got something.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:10 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Tbf to Bish he’s been by far our best player and obviously still loves Notts, so can slightly understand how mixed up he could have been feeling. BUT NOT ON THE FOOTBALL PITCH!!! Before or after I haven’t got a problem, or if we’d had played well and got something.

Exactly
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Binghamstag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Love bishop to explain why he felt the need to do it at the start of a second half when he was supposed to be rallying our players and giving us the come on guys get behind us. unprofessional to the core
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Him and Grant played like county fans in stags shirts.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum