{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Embarrassing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Embarrassing

Postby spanishstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Were 3rd in the league fgs
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:16 pm

spanishstag wrote:Were 3rd in the league fgs

Spanish we won't be for much longer if we continue in the same vein as the last two games.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:24 pm

2nd to everything today...
Not good enough.

We move on.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:26 pm

It really doesnt matter if were 2nd or 3rd today its what counts in May. on todays showing Notts County look more likely to achieve their objective than us.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Sharp » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:31 pm

lancer wrote:That was the most inept, lack lustre game of so called football I have seen in years.
There wasn’t one single player who deserves any credit.
Local derby 2nd v bottom and not One single shot on goal. Hamilton needs to be dropped as since his name has been linked to play at higher level, he has been utter garbage, we obviously needed a target man in the January transfer window but opted for another small forward.
Our recent performances are a worry.

I agree with everything you say, but don't you think it may be an issue that CJ has been shifted from Centre Forward, to wing, to wing back to left back. If we are going to single him out I hope he F**** off and proves us wrong. It's not just you Lancer, so many people around me today wanted to blame CJ for the entire defeat. He was our best player not a month back and now after being shifted around he's not performing as well. What a surprise.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

Spanish we won't be for much longer if we continue in the same vein as the last two games.

Its 2 games both bloody hard games at that ,newport away was always gonna be tough notts away likewise lets see how it pans out ,we will be top 3 in may no doubt about it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:36 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Its 2 games both bloody hard games at that ,newport away was always gonna be tough notts away likewise lets see how it pans out ,we will be top 3 in may no doubt about it

don't worry Spanish stag, we'll beat FGR next week and everyone will be back to normal
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Exactly. It is a bit worrying that we performed so poorly today, which is not something we are used to in a derby game, but since the start of the year all of the top 10 clubs with the exception of Bury have had bad spells.
In that time we have introduced several new players, a couple of whom clearly need some match time/fitness; had Bishop sent off and suspended for one game; had two bad injuries on the pitch to key players; had injuries to other squad players who may have helped; and had a key defender suspended. Other teams have probably had similar issues due to the time of the season, etc.
It may sound like excuses but they are legitimate reasons and in perspective (as Spanish Stag says) we are still third in the table and high up in all the form tables.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:51 pm

halifaxstag wrote:

Exactly. It is a bit worrying that we performed so poorly today, which is not something we are used to in a derby game, but since the start of the year all of the top 10 clubs with the exception of Bury have had bad spells.
In that time we have introduced several new players, a couple of whom clearly need some match time/fitness; had Bishop sent off and suspended for one game; had two bad injuries on the pitch to key players; had injuries to other squad players who may have helped; and had a key defender suspended. Other teams have probably had similar issues due to the time of the season, etc.
It may sound like excuses but they are legitimate reasons and in perspective (as Spanish Stag says) we are still third in the table and high up in all the form tables.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

It’s important we stick together. Clearly DF and the players need to step up and get us back to the standard we were.

But we need to put the two defeats behind us and encourage. Blaming the referee or something one of players said about a previous club ain’t going to help.

I do understand the disappointment of the numerous fans that attended the game ( a magnificent turnout it has got to be said ), but I,m sure the players are hurting too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:46 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:

That makes a lot of sense to me.

It’s important we stick together. Clearly DF and the players need to step up and get us back to the standard we were.

But we need to put the two defeats behind us and encourage. Blaming the referee or something one of players said about a previous club ain’t going to help.

I do understand the disappointment of the numerous fans that attended the game ( a magnificent turnout it has got to be said ), but I,m sure the players are hurting too.

I sincerely hope they are hurting because that was a shambles, and I read all the we are 3rd in the league etc. No dressing it up or glossing over, that was as bad as it gets. Listen to the manager, play with heart and courage because there was none on show today, none.
All of our players with skill and flair went missing, please come back and show what you are made of .
If we continue with that sort of performance and let's be honest they've not been great for a few weeks, we will be play off only, and I wouldn't back them against anybody if they don't fight.
Listening to the County fans singing round the lace market tonight has just wound me up. Sort it Mansfield, you let us down today.
Y
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Today is not a day for happy-clapping.

Flitcroft knows how bad it was; “I think it was a respectful clap off, but I wouldn’t have clapped off the performance from me or my team tonight."

I didn't clap them off. I was too upset with what I had witnessed.

Still fuming.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:54 pm

You don’t mind losing, when you give 100% but we didn’t even try. Makes it harder to stomach.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:56 pm

I might have subbed Jorge Grant as he was never in the game. I think Jacob Mellis has suffered a bit from Jorge Grant coming in and being played as the attacking midfield player. This is the position that Jacob Mellis was playing well in and he has not been as effective in a slightly deeper role.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:45 am

That, in terms of utter crapness, has to rank somewhere up with the Conference years in terms of shocking performances.

Given we had shocking players back then, and even when playing so badly, could muster at least one attempt on goal, there has to be an argument for whether it troubles Hayes & Yeading away for top spot.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:38 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I might have subbed Jorge Grant as he was never in the game. I think Jacob Mellis has suffered a bit from Jorge Grant coming in and being played as the attacking midfield player. This is the position that Jacob Mellis was playing well in and he has not been as effective in a slightly deeper role.
Yet less than two weeks ago 90% on here were saying Grant was a world beater, comparing him to the likes of Murray and Lawrence.

We need to put this poor performance into perspective and move on to the next game with hope and expectation. Injuries and suspensions have rocked the boat. Also I think the expectations of beating a rejuvenated Notts side and with it a fantastic day out were too high,
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:03 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:You don’t mind losing, when you give 100% but we didn’t even try. Makes it harder to stomach.

my feelings exactly!
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Yep, and mine.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:16 pm

We got done ,next week we win drama over ,lets get real here we re top 3 for a reason ,ktf
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:10 pm

The positive I take is that despite how incredibly bad we were, we only lost 1-0. We’ve not lost a goal by more than one goal all season, which shows incredible resilience and means however bad we are, one big slice of luck or defensive mishap from the opposition gets us a point.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 am

Just to reiterate, Jones could have done a lot better.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:57 am

I think maybe Flitcroft relies too heavily on systems and the fact that really only 2 players were missing from the good running spell we had are White and Sweeney
I do think with the players/resources we have we should be able to cope and adapt accordingly without a lot of fuss but seems he worries if the system is not there that has been perfected.

Anyway its a blip hopefully and although an annoying one we can get going again and but signs are we are not invincible and are beginning to lose some games now and we have not been used to that.

I agree County are bottom and forget them and all the old rivalry etc that was immaterial the loss of points and performance was the real worry.

COYS stay strong for another half a dozen games or so at least.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Just to reiterate, Jones could have done a lot better.

Jones is a concern for me at the minute. Not because I’m writing him off after his performance Saturday, but White was crucial to the system we play with his pace and athleticism down that right hand side, he has all the attributes that mean he is perfect for that role at this level.

Unfortunately from what I’ve seen so far Jones isn’t going to be able to provide anything like what White does and he seems much more suited to a 4 at the back. It’s disappointing as the wing backs are obviously key our preferred system. Given the choice I’d rather have CJ play there instead as we had been doing, with Ajose up top.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:10 am

Should Tomlinson maybe have been given a game when Grant was not at the races??
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:27 am

tillydog123 wrote:Should Tomlinson maybe have been given a game when Grant was not at the races??

Tomlinson, Khan even Atko should've been coming on ahead of Macca.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:36 am

Yeah bringing Macca on was strange.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum