{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ZERO shots on target against 92nd in the Football League

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

ZERO shots on target against 92nd in the Football League

Postby Random Hero » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:15 pm

We need to take a bloody good look at ourselves after that. Notts County wanted it, they battled, they cared. We were second to every ball.

Our lads looked like they were worried to break a bloody nail.

Do you want to be here or not? We can't afford to carry passengers. Not naming names, but I think we could all work out who they were today.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Re: ZERO shots on target against 92nd in the Football League

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Shameful.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Carbon copy of the Newport performance.

1 shot on target in two games tells you which area of the pitch the problem is and we don't look like scoring soon.

Flitcroft needs to earn his coin.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Carbon copy of the Newport performance.

1 shot on target in two games tells you which area of the pitch the problem is and we don't look like scoring soon.

I agree no shots on target is very poor. Don’t see how you can blame a manager for that !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:26 pm

I took a couple of mates today who live in Nottingham after telling them how well we’ve played all season. Left completely embarrassed and them laughing at how bad it was. (Also came last year and we were awful)

Shameful performance from all involved, starting from Flitcrofts team selection, as Turner looked well off it.

He doesn’t deserve to be signed out as they were all abject, but Jones was awful and nowhere near as good as what White offers us.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:28 pm

The worst stags performance I have ever seen against a Notts side.

It was pathetic from every single player.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

I agree no shots on target is very poor. Don’t see how you can blame a manager for that !

I'm not blaming him he needs to earn his coin by turning our fortunes around or risk imploding like we did last year.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:42 pm

One or two games you can't blame him. But if it continues the blame will always end up at his door.

We were pathetic today. Gutless, lacking qualify or any plan to keep the ball and make chances. Flitcroft has to shoulder some blame for playing an unfit defender for not motivating his players.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I'm not blaming him he needs to earn his coin by turning our fortunes around or risk imploding like we did last year.
I agree. We need to put these last two poor performances behind us and get back to where we were. DF needs to sort it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:43 pm

I think the pitch was newports 12th man last week.
We were poor today but county helped by the ref.
The foul when Turner got booked early on looked a handball by the county player. On the wrong side for the lino.
No shots on target sums it up.
COYS
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby scotsstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Let's see DFs reaction to today's debacle.
Lacked motivation /emotion to me.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 pm

total inept performance by every player on the field i would not collect my wages
as i would be too embaressed to
if i performed in my job like that i would be dismissed
i have never felt so let down as i have been today total pathetic
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:42 pm

scotsstag wrote:Let's see DFs reaction to today's debacle.

See his after match interview on U Tube. Honest appraisal. He’s hurting.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:29 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

See his after match interview on U Tube. Honest appraisal. He’s hurting.
He needs to find out the reason for the poor performance and get us back to winning ways. Being hurt by it is a good start.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:54 am

There has to be an element of blame laid at Flitcroft's door as well let's be fair.

Constantly insisting on this 3-5-2 when the only way it was possible to implement today meant playing 2 and a half fit centre halves to fill in those 3 slots.

He should have gone with a back four today as he simply had no other option to.

Then, as mentioned in other threads, his substitutions and tactical changes today beggared belief. CJ was abysmal, and Benning was trying to do bits out wide...but he took him off to put our most ineffective player there in his 3rd positional change of the game. Macca was chucked on for Mellis who thought we were playing in black and white stripes, when he hasn't had enough game time to have any affect as an impact sub.

And if a whole squad of players looks like they can't be arsed, questions have to be asked as to why they all of a sudden aren't motivated after clearly putting in the graft all season.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 am

If the players needed any motivation ,thats not the managers fault ,as soon as they come out the tunnel and see 4300 stags that should have lifted them ,i dont like notts ,but they played like men possessed today and completely overran us today ,i think recriminations are a bit extreme ,we re all wazzed off with the result and performance ,but we havent become a bad side over two matches ,its how we react that matters
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:08 am

Wheres Timi Elsnik when you need him, made a solid 3 with Bishop and Mellis but was a good footballer too but most importantly got stuck in and worked hard, much better balance than carrying work shy Grant.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:29 am

The problem being is that after a dire show at Newport you’d expect yesterday would be where the players put in a shift, they did absolutely nothing.

The players and the manager need to look at themselves this week and be out the traps double fast against FG.

With the players we’ve got promotion is mandatory
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:37 am

nigegray wrote:total inept performance by every player on the field i would not collect my wages
as i would be too embaressed to
if i performed in my job like that i would be dismissed
i have never felt so let down as i have been today total pathetic

The pitch was awful yesterday too. Really bobbly in places particularly the penalty areas which meant passing between defence and the goalkeeper was risky. No excuses though, both teams have to play on it.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby tmwilson » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:40 am

stagmanrob wrote:There has to be an element of blame laid at Flitcroft's door as well let's be fair.

Constantly insisting on this 3-5-2 when the only way it was possible to implement today meant playing 2 and a half fit centre halves to fill in those 3 slots.

He should have gone with a back four today as he simply had no other option to.

Then, as mentioned in other threads, his substitutions and tactical changes today beggared belief. CJ was abysmal, and Benning was trying to do bits out wide...but he took him off to put our most ineffective player there in his 3rd positional change of the game. Macca was chucked on for Mellis who thought we were playing in black and white stripes, when he hasn't had enough game time to have any affect as an impact sub.

And if a whole squad of players looks like they can't be arsed, questions have to be asked as to why they all of a sudden aren't motivated after clearly putting in the graft all season.

Spot on in my opinion . You saw it exactly the same way I did .
I've never seen so many outfield players under perform . When that happens I put it more down to the system and tactics than anything although a few individual's didn't do their job when they had the opportunity .
Flitcroft's naivety in playing with the same system when due to suspension's and players probably not fit enough cost us .
I know Atkinson isn't everyone's favourite but either him or Tomlinson should of been in midfield alongside Bishop and Mellis and Hamilton . 442 was the only option yesterday
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:58 am

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:20 am

Both goals one at Newport n County players stood n watched while the striker picked his spot from 18 yards

Players ball watching slow to react
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:44 am

I can only assume everybody thought it was a gimme yesterday, all we'd got to do is turn up and see how many we win by, this despite their draw against Lincoln and win at FGR.

Hindsight is a great thing, there's no doubt playing Turner was a calculated risk which didn't work out but DF recognised that and changed it at half time. Irrespective of that Notts did to us what others have done before, pressed us high and nullified our game.

On the plus side we are still in an automatic spot, despite losing 2 games. You don't become a bad team overnight, just a shame we have to wait until Saturday to look at putting it right.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:59 am

spanishstag wrote:

If the players needed any motivation ,thats not the managers fault ,as soon as they come out the tunnel and see 4300 stags that should have lifted them ,i dont like notts ,but they played like men possessed today and completely overran us today ,i think recriminations are a bit extreme ,we re all wazzed off with the result and performance ,but we havent become a bad side over two matches ,its how we react that matters

Agree, they should be self motivated but if they are not surely it's the managers job to install it.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:24 am

Good post pemill but I’d argue the performances have been a bit longer than the last 2 games, we’ve just managed to turn it around versus Colchester and Macclesfield recently.
I’m hoping it’s as simple as we need to find some consistency and form as we have the quality when we turn it on.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum