{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hamilton

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hamilton

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Hamilton was very poor today. And no worse than most of the rest of our outfield players in my opinion. Doesn't deserve singling out in my opinion.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DAVE H » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Theres no doubt cjs s good player but last few weeks his form has dipped he needs to get back to what hes good at running at players and taking them on not stopping and laying ball back
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:52 pm

It was an awful match and the team as a whole had a very poor performance. We all felt let down I’m sure but I did clap them off without going over the top and would never boo my own team. It’s up to the team and manager to make up for that display by doing what they have for most of the season and pick themselves back up and I’m sure we will see it. No player should be singled out for blame .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:06 pm

CJ Hamilton had a poor game today but so did quite a few other players. CJ has been one of our best players this season and he is our second top scorer in the league with 6 goals from open play. He also has quite a few assists. We need to stick with him and get him running at the full backs again particularly on the left. He does generally tend to play better at home than away from home. He's a bit like Wayne Corden in that respect.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:18 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:CJ Hamilton had a poor game today but so did quite a few other players. CJ has been one of our best players this season and he is our second top scorer in the league with 6 goals from open play. He also has quite a few assists. We need to stick with him and get him running at the full backs again particularly on the left. He does generally tend to play better at home than away from home. He's a bit like Wayne Corden in that respect.

Not only has he been one of our best players this season, he has handled himself with absolute class. The same cannot be said for some of the morons who purport to be supporters of our club. We truly have some woeful "supporters" and they once again have reared their ugly heads. Those of us who will be supporting our club through thin and thinner will be here long after these losers have gone back to watching Premiershite.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Well said
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:OMG.. fgs you lot DONT deserve decent footballers ,
Can you be serious?
Maybe you want a team of heedless chickens, Carlton Palmer signiings? Tom Curtises? The list is endless 10 a penny? I NEVER saw teams queuing round the block for them!
Give your head a shake and cheer us on to Pronotion

Says the person who wants "flip flop out'
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Wow I have seen a lot a games this season but the last two against Newport and County are the worse since the last year complete end of season failure under Flitcroft. One shot on target against bang average teams in over 180 mins of football. It was suicid :coys: e to attempt to keep the 3-5-2 system today using an unfit defender. It should have been 4-4-2 from the start and needs to be against FGR or another defeat will come. A great number of goals have been conceded from our left side of defense where Benning plays. His concentration levels are poor at best when he tries to defend mostly swinging wildly with one foot because his right leg is just for standing on. I like Benning he is a good full back but not a wing back he is so slow to get back. That brings you to CJ who is quick to get back to help out the iffy Preston. CJ is the quickest player at the club and is a natural left winger NOT a right wing back and never will be. He is consistently played out of position sometimes in four different slots in one game just to help out Preston. One quick ball over the top of Preston and he panics, see the good save by smith from Matt at Newport. We have stopped creating chances because the midfield are tired and jaded. Bishop needs resting but who replaces him. To put MacDonald into that game today was tactically inept, he hasnt played for months but it was good to see him back on the grass. In summary we have to start 4-4-2 against FGR and get Tomlinson and Jones starting in midfield. CJ has to play wide left only. Starting with one striker is a huge error so Ajose and Walker have to start. If not expect another home defeat Saturday due to poor manager tactics and team selection. Lets hope ay
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:33 am

It's harsh to single him out as Mellis was absolutely terrible today as well as a fair few others, but those two stood out more as they had more opportunities to do stuff in that dire first half than what presented themselves to others. Walker and Grant were anonymous, but largely due to the fact that we were absolutely toothless creatively and they never got a sniff.

I just feel that Flitcroft seems to see CJ as totally undroppable at this moment in time, when clearly he needs to be to re-evaluate his motivation levels.

I said at the time that I would have snapped anyones hands off for £750k if that figure was true, as for me he's worth not even half of that. Not a patch on many a winger we've had in the past. I wonder if he's got carried away with the wrongful hype?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 pm

The disappointing thing about CJ yesterday was he had Rose one on one a few times and passed it back to benning ?
Why ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:The disappointing thing about CJ yesterday was he had Rose one on one a few times and passed it back to benning ?
Why ?

I just think that shows how his confidence has taken a knock in the last few weeks. Back in November he'd have had Rose on toast.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:19 pm

stagmanrob wrote:It's harsh to single him out as Mellis was absolutely terrible today as well as a fair few others, but those two stood out more as they had more opportunities to do stuff in that dire first half than what presented themselves to others. Walker and Grant were anonymous, but largely due to the fact that we were absolutely toothless creatively and they never got a sniff.

I just feel that Flitcroft seems to see CJ as totally undroppable at this moment in time, when clearly he needs to be to re-evaluate his motivation levels.

I said at the time that I would have snapped anyones hands off for £750k if that figure was true, as for me he's worth not even half of that. Not a patch on many a winger we've had in the past. I wonder if he's got carried away with the wrongful hype?

Mellis only looked worse than Bishop and Grant IMO because he actually tried to get on the ball and make something happen. Grant hid and Bishop treated it like a hot potato.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Every visiting teams defence knows CJ's att
acking is so predictable & know that he needs to come back on his left foot .
Flitcroft will always play his golden boy , so i suggests he plays him down the left side . ( or better still , give him some bench warming time )
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:The disappointing thing about CJ yesterday was he had Rose one on one a few times and passed it back to benning ?
Why ?

Rose had a word with him in the tunnel before the game, threatening to smack his botty.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:00 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Why ?

Rose had a word with him in the tunnel before the game, threatening to smack his botty.

Back to your inane best this weekend
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Why ?

Back to your inane best this weekend

One does one’s best, woody. :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:58 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:OMG.. fgs you lot DONT deserve decent footballers ,
Can you be serious?
Maybe you want a team of heedless chickens, Carlton Palmer signiings? Tom Curtises? The list is endless 10 a penny? I NEVER saw teams queuing round the block for them!
Give your head a shake and cheer us on to Pronotion

Tom Curtis was a decent player for us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum