{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clownty scorefred sponsored by Great Boo's up

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clownty scorefred sponsored by Great Boo's up

Postby spanishstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:05 pm

Dont think we can be as poor this half and notts surely cant keep this tempo up for 90 minutes ,still in it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:12 pm

a draw would be a great result
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:12 pm

tinman wrote:Mr Tinker Man

Why oh why??

Could it be that we have suspension and injuries?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Ref. Haha. Unbelievable.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Worst ref ever. Thinks we've come to see him give free kicks. Total nob-end
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Hamilton, not good enough - end of
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:25 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Hamilton, not good enough - end of

Hes shown he is... just not consistent as I pointed out when you were all asking for a million :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:37 pm

There’s been about 10 mins of football so far in the 2nd half, they’ve taken all the time out of the game
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:53 pm

We won't beat FGR next week. Embarrassing two weeks in a row
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:55 pm

They deserved their win.

We were atrocious.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Bottled it. We must improve soon!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:56 pm

we never turned up..very easy 3 points for county.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Absolutely pathetic. Simple.

I have never witnessed such a spineless derby performance in my time, never threatened them once. Pathetic stuff from all 11.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:59 pm

We win 2-1 over the season.
We will still be in the top 3 at the end of the day and they will still be bottom.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:59 pm

[quote="chip63"]We win 2-1 over the season.
We will still be in the top 3 at the end of the day and they will still be
Last edited by cassellswasmagic on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:00 pm

They'll stay up playing like that.
We won't go up with performances like that.

Turner and Jones are rank bad. Midfield did nothing. Walker and Ajose didn't touch the ball.

Didn't ever look like scoring.

I said we look out of sorts, and got called out for it. I go back to that. We were terrible today.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Deja-vue for Dave?
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Arsegravy.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm

A very very very poor performance by the Stags in front of 4,300 Stags fans. Worst performance of the season?

We never got going at all. A big wake up call.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Don't know where to start . Positives . I overlaid by 2 hours and I'm getting a free lift back so saved a packet on booze as was planning to stop down Notts .

Fair dues to County for starters .
Ref , shocking in the second half but no excuses .
We were shockingly poor by our standards and made it easy for them ..I'd take O'Brian and Doyle off them but that's about it .
The players need to take some responsibly but I think the majority of the blame rests on Flitcroft shoulders on this occasion . His naivety cost us that game. Instead of playing a 442 due to Sweeney being out he sticks with the system and brings in Turner who after ten minutes you could see he was off the pace . Nice to see Macca back but again he's bringing back a player who hasn't played most of the season . You nurture these players in when you are 3.0 up with 20 minutes to go .
We were poor from back to front . The defenders stood off too much and they wasted so many balls forward .
The midfield looked outnumbered . It was calling for Atkinson or Tomlinson. When Mellis went off , we only had Bishop who could do the job of nullifying their mI'd field . We wereeft with Hamilton , Grant , Macca and khan. I know we chasing the game but the balance went completely. We were lucky not to concede another . Felt a bit for the forwards . They were hardly supplied with any ammunition to fire . Thought Ajose did OK when he came on . Two defeats on the trot is not what we were hoping . Forest Green is a massive game .
Not sure we were outplayed today but we was out fought. . They had more passion .
Weekend ruined . No excuse for me . We deserved to loose .
Last edited by tmwilson on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:48 pm

tmwilson wrote:Don't know where to start . Positives . I overlaid by 2 hours and I'm getting a free lift back so saved a packet on booze as was planning to stop down Notts .

We were shockingly poor by our standards and made it easy for them ..I'd take O'Brian and Foyle off them but that's about it .
The players need to take some responsibly but I think the majority of the blame rests on Flitcroft shoulders on this occasion . His naivety cost us that game. Instead of playing a 442 due to Sweeney being out he sticks with the system and brings in Turner who after ten minutes you could see he was off the pace . Nice to see Macca back but again he's bringing back a player who hasn't played most of the season . You nurture these players in when you are 3.0 up with 20 minutes to go .
We were poor from back to front . The defenders stood off too much and they wasted so many balls forward .
The midfield looked outnumbered . It was calling for Atkinson or Tomlinson. When Mellis went off , we only had Bishop who could do the job of nullifying their mI'd field . We wereeft with Hamilton , Grant , Macca and khan. I know we chasing the game but the balance went completely. We were lucky not to concede another . Felt a bit for the forwards . They were hardly supplied with any ammunition to fire . Thought Ajose did OK when he came on . Two defeats on the trot is not what we were hoping . Forest Green is a massive game .
Not sure we were outplayed today but we was out fought. . They had more passion .

Good feedback. I had a feeling this would happen. Comes to something when you have fingers crossed for other results to go for us. We need to have a good week in training as agreed the Forest Green game could be pivotal.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm

tmwilson wrote:Don't know where to start . Positives . I overlaid by 2 hours and I'm getting a free lift back so saved a packet on booze as was planning to stop down Notts .

We were shockingly poor by our standards and made it easy for them ..I'd take O'Brian and Foyle off them but that's about it .

How can you possibly put the majority of the blame on Flitcroft, the players had no passion, no fight and no desire to win the game for us. Obviously Flitcroft got something wrong but the players should be ashamed with their individual performances,(or lack of).

This is a little blip in our season as every team has, and we are still in the top 3 so huge game vs forest green next weekend
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:

How can you possibly put the majority of the blame on Flitcroft, the players had no passion, no fight and no desire to win the game for us. Obviously Flitcroft got something wrong but the players should be ashamed with their individual performances,(or lack of).

This is a little blip in our season as every team has, and we are still in the top 3 so huge game vs forest green next weekend

That's two blips on the trot and two poor performance's

I have criticised the players
I have said the players were poor from back to front and on this occasion I believe Flitcroft got it wrong . The first half cost us the game . We set up wrong . Turner was obviously not fit enough . He played him because he didn't want to change the system instead he could of played a flat back four with four fit players . A lot of our fans and their fans were saying the game would be won in midfield and thats what happened . They stopped the defenders bringing the ball out , they intercepted passes from our defenders
They outplayed our midfielders and stopped them from providing chanced to our forwards . Of course the footballers are responsible but if the system isn't working then it's up to the manager to change it , which he did at Ht .
Everyone around me could see the problem . The strikers were void of chances , the defenders couldn't bring the ball out . The midfielders were outplayed .
Others may not agree but 442 would of given us more of a chance because of us missing Sweeney and using a defender who was clearly not ready . It was waste of a shirt and has I've said , he played him because he didn't want to alter the system
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Got to say I’m surprised by both how poor we were and how the lack of effort was so telling.

1 shot on goal in 2 games is really concerning.

4 defeats in 10 is very worrying.

The lack of plan B isn’t great.

However, it’s still in our hands, we’ve got a good side and can do this. FG next week is massive
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:37 pm

We have been poor since the bury win. A few good spells have masked that but it's not been great. To play the formation we did was ridiculous and flitcroft has to shoulder the blame for that. He then compounded it by waiting till halftime before taking him off. But the players were a disgrace today. County just wanted it more to a man. I really worry for us and hope we don't follow a similar pattern to last season.
Also a note for Lee mason. Maybe the worst referee I have ever seen. Ruined the game as a spectacle. Why do we have to put up with these awful officials because they do a poor job elsewhere? Madness.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum