{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Four Seasons

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Four Seasons

Postby nobby +1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 pm

yes tawnystag thats what i was talking about no Mansfield leagues sutton club has to travel round nottingham to get a game have you wached the kids before the game 30 a side and coaches well
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Norman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Tawnystag wrote:I run a children’s football team and all the Forest academy coaches have been in and ran sessions with our teams. They then gave leaflets to all the boys and their parents advertising Forest football camps across Mansfield and Ashfield during half term. They are doing them on the local parks, 10am-3pm for £15, including presentation trophies.

Most of my kids signed up.

That’s outrageous and needs stopping?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 pm

Madstagsfan2 wrote:Why on earth are Nottingham Forest in the Four Seasons and why are they being allowed to have a soccer school in Mansfield? I get annoyed at the number of fans who live in Mansfield yet follow the Reds. We shouldn't be encouraging anybody else to support them.

The community team at the Stags need to act so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always felt that we miss out when interacting with the local schools. Why aren't players and coaches visiting schools on a regular basis to help with football coaching and perhaps dishing out free tickets?

This is very sad to here. Florist cause more damage to MTFC than anything else at the moment. I dislike this club with a passion!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Norman wrote:
Tawnystag wrote:I run a children’s football team and all the Forest academy coaches have been in and ran sessions with our teams. They then gave leaflets to all the boys and their parents advertising Forest football camps across Mansfield and Ashfield during half term. They are doing them on the local parks, 10am-3pm for £15, including presentation trophies.

Been happening for years sadly.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Dan wrote:Bit more here: https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loc ... ie-2533038

Mansfield District Council spokesman, said: "We can confirm that BBC Top Gear presenters Chris Harris, Freddie Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness were in Mansfield filming for an episode of the hit BBC Two show.

"We were sworn to secrecy by the BBC because of concerns about safety if a large crowd had turned up to watch.

"Freddie slightly lost control and crashed into an empty market stall - nobody was hurt.

"This shows the most important thing when holding a driving event like this in a town centre is ensuring people are safe, which is why this couldn’t be publicised.

"There was plenty of action and the smell of burning tyres as seven cars did loops around the inner ring road.

"There was a risk that filming wouldn’t have gone ahead if word had got out in advance.

"This was an offer we couldn’t refuse!"

Market stalls are empty Saturday, never mind 3am :D :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:04 am

Norman wrote:
Madstagsfan2 wrote:Why on earth are Nottingham Forest in the Four Seasons and why are they being allowed to have a soccer school in Mansfield? I get annoyed at the number of fans who live in Mansfield yet follow the Reds. We shouldn't be encouraging anybody else to support them.

The community team at the Stags need to act so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always felt that we miss out when interacting with the local schools. Why aren't players and coaches visiting schools on a regular basis to help with football coaching and perhaps dishing out free tickets?

This is very sad to here. Florist cause more damage to MTFC than anything else at the moment. I dislike this club with a passion!

Absolutely Norman ! We should send Grant, Smith and Walker back immediately. Of course we would slide down the league, but at least you would have something to moan about once again.

As for the soccer schools I don't see that Nottingham Forest are doing anything wrong. We could do the same here or in Nottingham if we had the inclination.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 am

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Top Gear event, I just find it incredible that having spent years of trying to rid the town centre of disruptive boy racers, this was sanctioned.

Like it or not , the programme has a deserved reputation for stupid dangerous stunts (yes I said STunts) involving cars and their drivers. Other dangerous drivers are attracted by these stunts and sometimes try and emulate them. I just hope that when it is aired, they don't try and do it in Mansfield. I also hope that the scenes of the crash and the burning rubber are not broadcast by the venerable institution which is our beloved BBC.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Norman wrote:

Absolutely Norman ! We should send Grant, Smith and Walker back immediately. Of course we would slide down the league, but at least you would have something to moan about once again.

As for the soccer schools I don't see that Nottingham Forest are doing anything wrong. We could do the same here or in Nottingham if we had the inclination.

Think your on the wrong forum . Are you a closet florist fan?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Norman wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Norman wrote:

The clue is in the name. Seriously Norman do you not see the value of the players N Forest have loaned us and how they have enhanced our chances of promotion?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Norman wrote:

Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Steve North » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Norman wrote:

Yeah - I agree, the council should step in and ban these sessions. It’s pure evil. You should start a campaign.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby adsstag » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:16 pm

This was the reply I got from four season:

Hi Andy, we are sorry this post offends you, however it's purpose was to help make children aware of a soccer school taking place in Mansfield. We support all sorts of community groups and local organisations with no bias. Nottingham Forest were kind enough to come in and spend time with children who are interested in football, this wasn't about which football team we think people should support. We have supported Mansfield Town in the past many times and will continue to do so. Kind regards, Linzi.
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm

adsstag wrote:This was the reply I got from four season:

Hi Andy, we are sorry this post offends you, however it's purpose was to help make children aware of a soccer school taking place in Mansfield. We support all sorts of community groups and local organisations with no bias. Nottingham Forest were kind enough to come in and spend time with children who are interested in football, this wasn't about which football team we think people should support. We have supported Mansfield Town in the past many times and will continue to do so. Kind regards, Linzi.

What was your email to them ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 pm

adsstag wrote:This was the reply I got from four season:

Classic. Did you tell them that you were offended by it ? I’d like to think you did my friend.

It’s shocking, despicable and repulsive that Nottingham Forest have had the boldness, temerity and audacity to commit valuable resources to running coaching sessions for our youngsters in our beautiful and historic town. They can get their dirty hands off our kids. Who the f’ing hell do they think they are ? Who do they think they are I say ? It should be stopped immediately - by force if necessary. Norman should start a one man/woman campaign to put this nonsense to an end.

It’s the parents I blame.
Last edited by Steve North on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby stagshead » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm

I remember in the late 60s early 70s when the schools finals were played at the Mill. Loads of kids there having a good day. As far as I can remember there were 3 games on the day/night and everyone was excited to be at the ground. Not only that but all the lads wanted to succeed so they could have a chance to play at the Mill.
stagshead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Steve North » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm

stagshead wrote:I remember in the late 60s early 70s when the schools finals were played at the Mill. Loads of kids there having a good day. As far as I can remember there were 3 games on the day/night and everyone was excited to be at the ground. Not only that but all the lads wanted to succeed so they could have a chance to play at the Mill.

I’m sure that still happens now. My son played in the schools final for All Saints a couple of years ago. Great experience and opportunity for them to play there. Also, a lot of the Saturday and Sunday teams play their finals there as well (like the YEL and Chad League) - my son’s team played in a finals day a couple of seasons back, managed to score a goal. Furthermore, I have been to a lot of schools tournaments hosted at Field Mill, especially when he was in junior school.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Played at field mill 5 times in my youth days for club and school.

Never got there in the Sunday league though.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Forest will always have "first dibs" on young kids because of the level forest play at.

Our kids get loaned out to conference North/South or below (occasionally Conference) Forest kids get loaned out to league 1 or below (wasn't one loaned out to a fellow Championship club?)

As a young kid where would you go? If you want to play at the highest level you have to start out as high as you can. I'd wager that more forest youngsters go on to be players in professional leagues than our kids do.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:07 am

Forest are struggling as the set up at Derby County really is first class, and alot of players are going there, even against their Forest supporting families wishes!

Best teams round my way, if your kids are good enough of course, are Heanor and Eastwood. These teams would beat the academy teams.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum