{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

I'm Alan Hardy, I'm taking you down

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

I'm Alan Hardy, I'm taking you down

Postby Big yella » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:17 am

In the Clownty thread, Stags 2002 suggested that for the Clownty game, we all wear Alan Hardy masks and I added that I agreed, and that we should sing I'm taking you down, I'm taking you down, I'm Alan Hardy, I'm taking you down. It was later suggested that the idea was lost in the thread and it needed a thread of it's own, so here it is.

I've ordered the first 15 using this site. (£3.50 for 5).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Personalised-C ... 4ZRVGGHQ1T

Come on you know you want to.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Re: I'm Alan Hardy, I'm taking you down

Postby halifaxstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 am

£4 for 10 is better value.
Do you have a link for the image you used so that we are all using the same one?
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:35 am

Surely a good opportunity for a company to get involved and sponsor the back of the mask as if done correctly would draw local media attention.

They could be handed out before the game if done on mass scale. If no takers we'll just have to stay with ordering on a individual basis. :D
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:10 am

I'm sure they'll be a fair number of Alan Hardy songs from the away following either way :D
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:28 am

halifaxstag wrote:£4 for 10 is better value.
Do you have a link for the image you used so that we are all using the same one?

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... s3MTdWVFNB
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:31 pm

While I privately revel in seeing Notts' demise, I think a public display like this would be in bad taste. How would we feel if the shoe was on the other foot?
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:48 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:While I privately revel in seeing Notts' demise, I think a public display like this would be in bad taste. How would we feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

Fair question, but on that basis if you were at Chesterfield last season did you stay completely silent in chanting when we went 1-0 up?

Dare you wouldn't have.

Not a go, just it happens - Rotherham, Notts and Chesterfield were hardly sympathetic when we went down.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:51 pm

adamstag wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:While I privately revel in seeing Notts' demise, I think a public display like this would be in bad taste. How would we feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

Fair question, but on that basis if you were at Chesterfield last season did you stay completely silent in chanting when we went 1-0 up?

Dare you wouldn't have.

Not a go, just it happens - Rotherham, Notts and Chesterfield were hardly sympathetic when we went down.

That's a fair point and I have no problem with chants but I think to come prepared with masks is a but much.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:56 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Dare you wouldn't have.

That's a fair point and I have no problem with chants but I think to come prepared with masks is a but much.

Fair, Chesterfield weren't that organised - but I remember them singing pro-Haslam songs in the dark days - especially the 3 ground fiasco :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:36 pm

The thing is I don't actually mind Notts County as a team, in fairness it wouldn't bother me if they did stay up as I know plenty of people who support them. I would rather our promotion be the reason we don't have to play them for a while. I also enjoy our trips to meadow lane as we have had plenty of good memories created by playing them both home and away.

However I do take issue with the egotistical maniac in charge who thinks its professional to sit in a bath on an evening and publically goad opposition fans despite their current position rather than focus on the task at hand and at least try to ensure their survival as the longest serving professional league club. Its losing that title that will hurt the county fans the most no matter what we sing or do next month.

I think its only fair we give Alan a good send off though. :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Meh. My masks arrive Monday, I’ll not save you one.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Big yella wrote:

Can you still drink with one on?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:41 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Can you still drink with one on?

Only through a straw :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Trouble is with this type of stuff & fancy dress at football in general is you look a right gooseberry if you lose.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:42 pm

Sneag wrote:Trouble is with this type of stuff & fancy dress at football in general is you look a right gooseberry if you lose.

Ah, but seeing as its just a mask, you drop it and walk away. ;)
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Haha.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Debbie dingles legs » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Big yella wrote:
Sneag wrote:Trouble is with this type of stuff & fancy dress at football in general is you look a right gooseberry if you lose.

That would be wanton littering of Nottinghamshire streets and would be unacceptable
Debbie dingles legs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Debbie dingles legs wrote:
Big yella wrote:

That would be wanton littering of Nottinghamshire streets and would be unacceptable

No that would be wanton littering of Mardy Lane so who cares.

And it’s not as if I’d smashed the bogs up is it?
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:02 pm

It's only a bit of banter ! I'm sure some County fans would love to do the same and surely if the shoe was on the other foot. .... Anyway it will take our minds off of Brexit.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:58 am

Masks have arrived they are mint
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Big yella wrote:

True indeed Sneag, and as is stated further up, I've no real dislike of them as a club, more like I don't really care strongly one way or another about them. As for the insults when we went down, I don't recall them being particularly offensive , unlike Rotherham, Chesterfield etc. It is also a good day out, much sooner us in League 1 and challenging for Championship.

As for wanton littering , well I despise that more than most things in this world, and win or lose, hundreds of them lying on the streets would definitely be unacceptable Debbie.

A resounding win would suffice, and the bloke that runs them knowing what a complete dogs dinner he's made of running a football club.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Big yella wrote:

True indeed Sneag, and as is stated further up, I've no real dislike of them as a club, more like I don't really care strongly one way or another about them. As for the insults when we went down, I don't recall them being particularly offensive , unlike Rotherham, Chesterfield etc. It is also a good day out, much sooner us in League 1 and challenging for Championship.

As for wanton littering , well I despise that more than most things in this world, and win or lose, hundreds of them lying on the streets would definitely be unacceptable Debbie.

A resounding win would suffice, and the bloke that runs them knowing what a complete dogs dinner he's made of running a football club.

Although it would be nice to see Hardy in the gutter I agree with your post .
There are a lot more clubs I hate than County . Supporting the Stags for over 40 years I can't remember any rivalry or hatred as such . The majority of the time they have been above us and generally there fans always wanted us to do well . I don't mind if they get relegated or not but although I dislike Hardy I have no hatred for County and Forest .
They have some cocky fans but don't all teams ? As long as we do the business on the pitch and our fans back the team then that's all that counts
Best day out in football for our fans in my opinion . We average 4,000 fans .they usually have a big turn out . Lots of beer taken and there are hardly any arrests . That speaks for itself . Imagine the same scenario against Chesterfield , Grimsby, Lincokn , Donny and Rotherham .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 pm

You all might not remember this, but I do. "Mansfield Down Fc" was the banner that Notts fans unveiled at faultagate during a match with the Spireites in April/May 2008. All I will say is f them!
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Tre Cool wrote:You all might not remember this, but I do. "Mansfield Down Fc" was the banner that Notts fans unveiled at faultagate during a match with the Spireites in April/May 2008. All I will say is f them!

But that's one banner........and it goes with being a football fan. That's what we do, it's tribal.
Too much hate in this world for stuff that don't matter. It's football, we had chants against Alan Hardy at the game today.......seriously who cares about him that much?
I couldn't give a flying fig about him. He's an egotistical idiot running a club into the ground, thankfully not ours.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:32 am

Tre Cool wrote:You all might not remember this, but I do. "Mansfield Down Fc" was the banner that Notts fans unveiled at faultagate during a match with the Spireites in April/May 2008. All I will say is f them!

I remember that banner only too well , but I didn't know it was the County fans , thought it was the Spiresh*ites . In that case then I'm with you f em & AH !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum