{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Membership Cards

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Membership Cards

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 pm

I know it's old news but now halfway through the season I think this is one of the better ideas the club have achieved over the years.

After being a season ticket holder for years with a change of my working conditions last July this scheme was greatly received in helping myself to work and watch the Stags throughout this season

Hopefully when the board sit n plan for next season prices whichever division were playing in the club continues with the membership scheme.

Great time to be a Stag.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Re: Membership Cards

Postby Conker » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm

It’s probably adding 200/300 on our gate, that’s got to be a good thing.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:49 pm

It was perfect for me as I started a new job in April working 6 on 4 off so I make around two thirds of home games now instead of all of them.

Please keep it going!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 am

The only thing that has puzzled me with them is that we have sold them as if it reserves a seat, ie a limit to them. We should have shifted as many as physically possible before and during the season and it's a first come first served basis until those designated blocks are sold out. 200/2000/20000 it shouldn't matter how many we have shifted, until those seats sell out.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 am

88BenM wrote:The only thing that has puzzled me with them is that we have sold them as if it reserves a seat, ie a limit to them. We should have shifted as many as physically possible before and during the season and it's a first come first served basis until those designated blocks are sold out. 200/2000/20000 it shouldn't matter how many we have shifted, until those seats sell out.

This
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:17 am

88BenM wrote:The only thing that has puzzled me with them is that we have sold them as if it reserves a seat, ie a limit to them. We should have shifted as many as physically possible before and during the season and it's a first come first served basis until those designated blocks are sold out. 200/2000/20000 it shouldn't matter how many we have shifted, until those seats sell out.

well, perhaps it was a pilot scheme to see what impact it had on both crowds and income.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:55 am

This. I wanted one, went on holiday, came back and ordered one to be told sold out.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:13 pm

Big yella wrote:

This

I totally agree.

Would it stop people from attending if they couldn't get their discount though.

Maybe they should not limit their sales and when QLE sells out, they will offer a £2 discount on West stand.

They should be shifting as many as possible though.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:19 pm

For customers of any business, you'd be annoyed if you paid for something and then couldn't use it. I think they've limited them to make sure people can get in. It's not just about revenue but also about experience.

Then, how would you use the west stand as overflow? Could you get a ticket in west stand if the QL wasn't full?

I can see it being amazingly popular if it happened next season. Maybe something similar where you pay £50 and get discounts etc for all stands?
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stag95 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:34 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:For customers of any business, you'd be annoyed if you paid for something and then couldn't use it. I think they've limited them to make sure people can get in. It's not just about revenue but also about experience.

Then, how would you use the west stand as overflow? Could you get a ticket in west stand if the QL wasn't full?

I can see it being amazingly popular if it happened next season. Maybe something similar where you pay £50 and get discounts etc for all stands?

Balls to that, the QLE is never close to selling out. I can only assume they have limited the memberships to see the effect on revenue. Hopefully next season there isn't a limit and then it's first come first serve, get it filled.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:35 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:For customers of any business, you'd be annoyed if you paid for something and then couldn't use it. I think they've limited them to make sure people can get in. It's not just about revenue but also about experience.

I’ve paid my £20 for my QLE membership, if I miss out on a ticket it’s my own fault. The club shouldn’t have put a limit on it.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

I’ve paid my £20 for my QLE membership, if I miss out on a ticket it’s my own fault. The club shouldn’t have put a limit on it.

Precisely. But would you pay full whack to go in the West stand of you missed out. That's the point.

Some people may not bother going if they missed out. That's the problem why I suggested a 2 pounds reduction on West stand tickets once the QLE is full.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Agreed wit the all the above

Sell as many cards as possible, assign a number for how many we can sell and do it on a first come first serve basis.

It's nice to see the QLE decently full on match day and helps with the atmosphere
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Don't fill the QLE up any more, it's hard enough to get a drink at half time as it is...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:37 pm

I kind of disagree.... As a season ticket holder, it doesnt bother me

However I had a QLE membership, High profile game was on, all membership allocation sold out but before i had chance to pick one up and i could still get a ticket at full price, id be a bit pee'd off.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Chander Lear wrote:I kind of disagree.... As a season ticket holder, it doesnt bother me

However I had a QLE membership, High profile game was on, all membership allocation sold out but before i had chance to pick one up and i could still get a ticket at full price, id be a bit pee'd off.

That's the deal you get though, you know the score before buying it.

That scenario would certainly be unfortunate, but maybe if this situation did happen whoever owned the membership card would still have saved money in the long run.

It was a shame that ST's were hiked though/no early bird offer - I trust this won't happen again in the summer
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Chander Lear wrote:I kind of disagree.... As a season ticket holder, it doesnt bother me

But you'd know on purchase of the membership that it doesn't guarantee a seat.

I've got a season ticket, it doesn't affect me but I know of several people that missed out on the cards that would have attended more games had they got one.

If it's a big game and you miss out on a QLE spot, you'd still be able to purchase for the IGS no doubt!
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby RickyJ » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:23 pm

I would like to think the club will extend this offer to various areas of the ground - I can see it being a winner no matter what. Even if it was just £5 off, it'd still be greatly received.

I'm currently paying nearly £80 less than season ticket holders - even if it does mean I have to go to the ground like 8 times a season!!!
Sarifo, Sarifo, Sarifo!!!
RickyJ
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Debbie dingles legs » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Oh dear. I don’t think the club will greatly extend the offer if card holders rile the ST holders by saying how much less they pay
Debbie dingles legs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amberheart » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 pm

RickyJ wrote:I would like to think the club will extend this offer to various areas of the ground - I can see it being a winner no matter what. Even if it was just £5 off, it'd still be greatly received.

I'm currently paying nearly £80 less than season ticket holders - even if it does mean I have to go to the ground like 8 times a season!!!

Can't see the club doing it elsewhere in the ground as they would have to charge away supporters the same
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 pm

The west stand should be for STH’s anyway. Membership cards for the QLE.

If you’ve got a ST you’ve backed the club before the seasons started.

Obviously I’m aware of many reasons why folk can’t get them which I totally appreciate, but if it were extended into the IG it would defeat the object of ST’s which are already much more expensive.

It’s a cracking idea but only for the QLE
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Amberheart wrote:
RickyJ wrote:I would like to think the club will extend this offer to various areas of the ground - I can see it being a winner no matter what. Even if it was just £5 off, it'd still be greatly received.

Can't see the club doing it elsewhere in the ground as they would have to charge away supporters the same

I'd be very surprised as a ST holder in the IGS if they extend it to anywhere else in the ground, the whole point of the idea was to start filling the QLE. Extending it would only take fans out the QLE and we'd be back to a near empty stand again.

In my view what they should do is increase the allocation to people who can become members to ensure that the QLE sells out on a regular basis, yes it's first come first served but thats the incentive to buy early.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:52 pm

I've used the scheme on games I can attend I can buy up to 3 home games in advance n only once I've not had the same seat which by no conindence just forward planning I've sat in the same seat I had with my season ticket last season
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 pm

88BenM wrote:

But you'd know on purchase of the membership that it doesn't guarantee a seat.

I've got a season ticket, it doesn't affect me but I know of several people that missed out on the cards that would have attended more games had they got one.

If it's a big game and you miss out on a QLE spot, you'd still be able to purchase for the IGS no doubt!

Not a seat, but it should the price... If you are able to get a ticket a full cost, you should be able too at membership rate, if within the QLE that is.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:07 pm

st holder aged 8 they do not get refund for Macclesfield but QLM membership 8 year old does ?
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum