{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Under 18s Offer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Under 18s Offer

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Free entry to under 18s vs Macclesfield according to Carolyn facebook
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Re: Under 18s Offer

Postby 88BenM » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:35 pm

88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:42 pm

billionaire? John richer than we thought or Channel 5 marketing? Either way great to have the Radford’s and the club on prime time tv and even better to have a deal on for the local youth. I’ll be telling my mates to bring the kids along
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:48 pm

I think the TV bods used a little “licence”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Quality from the club in my opinion. It's about time the youth of Mansfield were encouraged to come to the Stags.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Time to get it advertised properly, the club have had some great offers In recent seasons but failed to advertise it.

Get 10,000 leaflets printed and banged out through people’s doors, radio, paper, social media etc.

Great idea though, well done JR & CR
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:39 pm

I wonder how many fans will be in the pub pre-match and drinking ale to then turn up to the ground claiming they are under 18....

In turn leaving the club and the Radfords short of monies otherwise rightly due

Hard hat at the ready...

(Well it wouldn't be a Stagsnet thread without a moan of some sort, eh?! :lol: )
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:I wonder how many fans will be in the pub pre-match and drinking ale to then turn up to the ground claiming they are under 18....

In turn leaving the club and the Radfords short of monies otherwise rightly due

Hard hat at the ready...

(Well it wouldn't be a Stagsnet thread without a moan of some sort, eh?! :lol: )

Are you suggesting breathalysers for minors ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:41 pm

No not at all, mate. Honesty, perhaps?
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm

I wouldn’t worry, our esteemed security firm will wrestle em to the ground and have the sniffer dogs on em.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:31 pm

It’s a great gesture and one that needs publicising.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Needs regulating though and those coming will have to get a' free ticket' before entering the ground I'd imagine. If not there could be a few tiffs if folk just sit where they want
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:56 pm

Agreed on the points about saying was actually need to publicise it. Let’s go to town on it (literally) don’t advertise it on stagsnet and on Facebook where you’re messaging folk which will already probably go anyway.

Would be nice to see the quarry lane end full for it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Wonder how 'sales' of these tickets are going atm. I've not seen/heard (never listen to the Woodhouse Rd shower now they've ceased commo, so I'm unsure if they've been pluggin it) much in the way advertising. I hope the young uns aren't expecting to rock up at 14.55 on that Saturday and expect to just walk in.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Spiritater wrote:Wonder how 'sales' of these tickets are going atm. I've not seen/heard (never listen to the Woodhouse Rd shower now they've ceased commo, so I'm unsure if they've been pluggin it) much in the way advertising. I hope the young uns aren't expecting to rock up at 14.55 on that Saturday and expect to just walk in.

That’s the problem as mentioned above, no point in mentioning it to us lot, ya need to be there in the chad, flyers in schools and the market sq, be dynamic.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Spiritater wrote:Wonder how 'sales' of these tickets are going atm. I've not seen/heard (never listen to the Woodhouse Rd shower now they've ceased commo, so I'm unsure if they've been pluggin it) much in the way advertising. I hope the young uns aren't expecting to rock up at 14.55 on that Saturday and expect to just walk in.

We have Mansfield 103.2 on at work and I can say I’ve not personally heard it advertised.

As I mentioned in a previous post we should get a large number of leaflets printed and posted through doors etc.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 pm

Not really much use advertising it until after tomorrow's match as it will cause confusion with folk turning up tomorrow to claim free ticket when game is actually next Saturday.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:46 pm

part time pete wrote:Not really much use advertising it until after tomorrow's match as it will cause confusion with folk turning up tomorrow to claim free ticket when game is actually next Saturday.

You’d have to be pretty thick to do that.

Advertise it properly with the fixture, the date etc and you can’t get it wrong.

Needs advertising as early as possible.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
part time pete wrote:Not really much use advertising it until after tomorrow's match as it will cause confusion with folk turning up tomorrow to claim free ticket when game is actually next Saturday.

Advertise it properly with the fixture, the date etc and you can’t get it wrong.

you mean like the ticket office would not sell me a Bury boxing day game ticket until after the Bury chicken feed match had been played. :o :o
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:32 am

part time pete wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

you mean like the ticket office would not sell me a Bury boxing day game ticket until after the Bury chicken feed match had been played. :o :o

No I mean the club should be shouting about this under 18 offer ASAP, make it clear when it is and how tickets can be collected. If advertised correctly people will not turn up to a home game against Tranmere expecting to watch us play Macclesfield
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:47 am

Now is the time for people, possibly those that say why don’t the club do this or that etc to get young people through the door, to do their bit.

Do you know of any U18 you can bring with you, a mate and his child, the unruly lads from down the street, the lads that only wear a Real Madrid shirt etc. This offer is designed, for whatever reasons, to sow the seeds for the next generation of Stags Fans.

Before the usual suspects start, I am bringing Mrs Spartacus’ Cousins son, for the third time this season. At Christmas he asked for a Stags shirt and not his usual request for a Real Madrid shirt. A small victory but hopefully a battle won in the war for the hearts and minds of one football fan.

It is possible to get them involved but it may mean that some will have to pull themselves away from the keyboard and get involved.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:39 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Now is the time for people, possibly those that say why don’t the club do this or that etc to get young people through the door, to do their bit.

Do you know of any U18 you can bring with you, a mate and his child, the unruly lads from down the street, the lads that only wear a Real Madrid shirt etc. This offer is designed, for whatever reasons, to sow the seeds for the next generation of Stags Fans.

Before the usual suspects start, I am bringing Mrs Spartacus’ Cousins son, for the third time this season. At Christmas he asked for a Stags shirt and not his usual request for a Real Madrid shirt. A small victory but hopefully a battle won in the war for the hearts and minds of one football fan.

It is possible to get them involved but it may mean that some will have to pull themselves away from the keyboard and get involved.

I thought about approaching kids outside our local school. :shock:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

We have Mansfield 103.2 on at work and I can say I’ve not personally heard it advertised.

As I mentioned in a previous post we should get a large number of leaflets printed and posted through doors etc.

I'd take a different approach get the players into local primary / secondary schools (1 player per school for maximum audience reach) talk a little about being healthy, playing sports and plug the deal showing we are a community club.

Kids will either go home and bug the parents to take them or if a secondary school likely come together in a group.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:52 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

I'd take a different approach get the players into local primary / secondary schools (1 player per school for maximum audience reach) talk a little about being healthy, playing sports and plug the deal showing we are a community club.

Kids will either go home and bug the parents to take them or if a secondary school likely come together in a group.

Great Post, give all kids a leaflet with details to take home and tell their parents. I deliver presentations to schools on behalf of the army and I have 2 schools in Mansfield next week, I'm going to fit it in to my delivery that's its free entry v Macclesfield. Every little helps.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stafford » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:18 pm

I've spoken to all the teachers I know and they're all going to print something off and advertise it in their schools. Seems an obvious idea to me that the club should be sending players into schools...
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum