{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mal Benning Own Goal?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mal Benning Own Goal?

Postby Number63 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 pm

I would agree with the summary of the match below.

It's looked to me that the first Colchester goal might have been an own goal by Mal Benning. Not one that could have been avoided by him.

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Conker wrote:First half was abysmal, second half was fantastic.

Referee was shocking probably more so for Colchester but it’s the win that matters!

I don't think I can articulate the difference in standard between the two halves.

Players who poor were suddenly playing with confidence when we went 433. Grant was the main culprit, and then was the best player on the pitch.

Ajose went from not being bad, but being anonymous, to scoring and setting up CJ with a beautiful cross. Had a great 2nd half.

Mellis and Bishop seemed to be always out of position in the first half, and in the 2nd half they covered all the pitch and pulled the string and dictated the tempo.

White and CJ got forward and overlapped really well 2nd half. If he's going to miss the rest of the season we'll miss his marauding runs.

The past 3 visits to Colchester we've had 5 halves of dross and 1 immense half. Like some have said, could be season defining. The mentality is there. Loved the unity between fans and players and DF at full time.

COYS.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Mal Benning Own Goal?

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Clearly put in by Tom Eastman with his second touch
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 pm

halifaxstag wrote:Clearly put in by Tom Eastman with his second touch

agreed
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:16 pm

How dare they accuse a Knight of the Realm of scoring an own goal? Weren’t these people at Saltergate last year??

Besides it was obvious from the video footage.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum