{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hayden White

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hayden White

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:25 pm

lancer wrote:We are paying a huge wage on Anderson.
ABOUT time he earnt it regardless of his issues. You are being paid by MTFC now go and bloody justify it!

maybe DF doesn't want him near the squad. I was hoping we'd be able to shift him this window.

Atkinson will get the nod before him anyway, unless we now go out and sign a right back
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Is was clear it was bad. Not.like him to play act. He went very still after the impact. Hope it's not a season over job.

Good luck Hayden.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 pm

He ,s gonna be a big miss ,one of our most influential players ,going forward theres no one better wish him well
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Our only recognised RB. Was always a risk not having a backup. Get well soon Hayden.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:55 pm

This will sound bad but I hope you see the point I mean.

It's better for it to happen during a transfer window than outside one. We can look at options.

It is our luck though to get a defender on his way back from injury to then lose another.

We definitely need a RWB now. Need to find someone like Luke O'Neill.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 pm

spanishstag wrote:He ,s gonna be a big miss ,one of our most influential players ,going forward theres no one better wish him well

Spot on
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Wish you all the best Hayden
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:42 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:01 pm

We have been so unlucky with injuries recently. Speedy recovery Hayden, big loss to any side.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:06 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Great post Hayden, you've been brilliant for us so far.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:44 pm

Massive massive loss but be back ASAP Hayden
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 am

Absolutely gutted for White, hope he makes a quick recovery.

It’s a big blow for us, he’s important to the way we play with the athleticism he has. There’s nobody else at the club suitable for playing right back/wing back for a sustained period of time, we simply have to sign somebody for that position now.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:56 am

Awful news about Hayden, get wel soon.

As for Anderson, we are allegedly paying him a small fortune to play the odd reserve game. What is th real reason behind this situation, other clubs won't take him it seems even if we make his wage up.
Can't see DF turning to him now.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:39 am

Hopefully its just bad bruising and nothing more. Clearly I'm not a professional footballer, although I still harbour hopes - but I've been smashed into my ankle playing football before and walked into A&E a couple of days later with it and its ended up being broken, I've also been smashed into my ankle at football before and been carried into A&E and its ended up being bad bruising. So hopefully the latter.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 am

oldweststander wrote:Awful news about Hayden, get wel soon.

As for Anderson, we are allegedly paying him a small fortune to play the odd reserve game. What is th real reason behind this situation, other clubs won't take him it seems even if we make his wage up.
Can't see DF turning to him now.

Anderson could return, he's a part of the squad and if needed will have to come in.

Anya at Derby was frozen out and told he wasn't wanted, used to train on his own, still went to games to watch but on his own... but when the squad was down to the bare bones he reappeared and played really well then disappeared again because Rowett was a complete tool.

I can see Anderson coming back if we were desperate but I think DF would rather use a young lad from the youth team.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am

Wonder if Alex McDonald is fit enough to do a job at right wing back
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Vice President » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 pm

Losing Hayden White is a big blow. I always felt we needed more defensive cover before this injury. We need to bring in a RB who can also play in central defence & RWB when needed. It just shows how versatile Hayden is. Atkinson & Anderson are not the answer and they would weaken our defence.

We have so many attacking players in the squad, that we could probably get by with just a solid right back. Either way, we need to bring a replacement in and unfortunately our loans allocation is used up. So signing a RB over the next couple of weeks who is 'up to speed' won't be easy. We might need to look at a player from the conference, or even consider the option of playing Logan in order to accommodate another loanee.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Anderson will not be up to it now after so long out and wouldn’t be capable of getting up and down the line anywhere near as much as White. We shouldn’t even entertain that idea in my opinion.

You can deal with Atkinson having 1 game there, but he isn’t good enough there either, and is not a natural wing back or right back. I would not want him filling in for a couple of months.

We can’t afford to go out of January with no fit proper right back, would be crazy.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
lancer wrote:We are paying a huge wage on Anderson.
ABOUT time he earnt it regardless of his issues. You are being paid by MTFC now go and bloody justify it!

maybe DF doesn't want him near the squad. I was hoping we'd be able to shift him this window.

Atkinson will get the nod before him anyway, unless we now go out and sign a right back

I think Atkinson got sent off the last time he tried RB
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:26 pm

With Bish only 1 booking away from 2 game suspension (Notts game on the horizon) I would guess DF would have liked to bring cover in that position, probably only Alex McDonald has the legs and aggression to play similar?

The injury to Hayden now leaves him a problem, especially as any additions really have to be permanent ones if they are to be involved in a number of games
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Hate to state the obvious but Whites played CB for last 2 games so Preston takes his place, CJ has played RWB, whilst folks may not agree with it, because of the players brought in, I can only see him staying there.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vice President » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:42 pm

I think our best chance of securing a top 3 position is to now play a 4-3-3 formation. (Not only as a result of Haydens injury, but this formation plays to the strengths of the current team).

That means bringing in a RB to cover for Hayden White's injury. The replacement RB doesn't need to have Hayden's pace or athleticism .... just be a solid defender. We have a very attacking threat with Ajose, Walker, Hamilton & Grant. We just need to make sure that we remain very tight at the back now. (So that rules out playing the likes of Atkinson/Anderson at RB).

The big question is ...... where can we find the required RB? Any thoughts?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:Hate to state the obvious but Whites played CB for last 2 games so Preston takes his place, CJ has played RWB, whilst folks may not agree with it, because of the players brought in, I can only see him staying there.

He may well do. But then when he gets moved forward and we switch it up we can see what happens. When we do that you’ve got to have a proper option there, not just ‘making do’ with the likes of Anderson and Atkinson.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Was it my imagination or were the Colchester fans booing as Hayden was being carried off on the stretcher presumably thinking he was faking to waste time
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:40 pm

No you weren't imagining it. They are only the same as all fans in that every tackle done by their players is fair and every tackle done by the opposition is worthy of a straight red, it's football. I'd imagine if we'd have squandered a 2-0 lead we'd have been the same.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum