{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Whatever Happens Now

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Whatever Happens Now

Postby Field Mill » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm

This team of ours are serious top three contenders. That took some gonads today. On the back of an iffy spell, two nil down against a team of well drilled giants, new players bedding in, and they come back to win. This tells me everything I need to know about the dressing room. The manager. The team. Take a bow everyone. Whatever happens now.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Whatever Happens Now

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 pm

:good_post:
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:39 pm

onwards the mighty stags go!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:56 pm

SUPER STAGS ON THE UP !!!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Massive result! Well done everyone
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Wow just got back home! What a fantastic second half! This team are amazing, we blew Colchester away.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Great post pal
I honestly believe that John Radford is on the verge of creating something quite amazing for the club and town. This is the best collection of footballers I have seen represent Mansfield Town since I started watching g this team in 1974. These players do not know when they are beaten. I think if we do go up this season, the club will not want to put their feet up and light a cigar - they will be going full in for consecutive promotions. What an amazing time to be a Mansfield Town supporter.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Steve North wrote:Great post pal
I honestly believe that John Radford is on the verge of creating something quite amazing for the club and town. This is the best collection of footballers I have seen represent Mansfield Town since I started watching g this team in 1974. These players do not know when they are beaten. I think if we do go up this season, the club will not want to put their feet up and light a cigar - they will be going full in for consecutive promotions. What an amazing time to be a Mansfield Town supporter.

If only the town realised that and began to really back the club eh!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Spiritater wrote:

Yawwwwwwwwn
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Spiritater wrote:

They are backing the club in bigger numbers season on season.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:04 pm

They are, but I'd imagine JR would be thinking it could be a little better.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:09 pm

Highest average attendances (so far) since 2003/04 season.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:23 pm

Sneag wrote:Highest average attendances (so far) since 2003/04 season.

And that is with some poor away followings. Only Bury, Grimsby and County have brought more than 500 with only Tranmere and Lincoln likely to be above 500 from our remaining home fixtures.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:39 pm

I think if we can keep the average gate at 4,500+ till the end of the season, that will be the 5th highest in 40 years!

You could argue that 'tater is right and the town has always been apathetic, or you could argue that he's wrong and that our gates are what you'd expect from one of the smallest towns in England with a league club.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:45 am

Spiritater wrote:They are, but I'd imagine JR would be thinking it could be a little better.

No, I think he's a realist and a planner and has always known what attendances would be like at each stage. Nothing they do is by accident. We're moving in the right direction on and off the pitch and the community and footballing decisions JR is taking are having an impact. Contrary to your inaccurate and repeated claims of apathy, the town are backing the club better than they have for many years. It's a gradual process so please stop being such a bore about this and just let it happen.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:20 am

Sneag wrote:I think if we can keep the average gate at 4,500+ till the end of the season, that will be the 5th highest in 40 years!

You could argue that 'tater is right and the town has always been apathetic, or you could argue that he's wrong and that our gates are what you'd expect from one of the smallest towns in England with a league club.

He's wrong on this, always has been.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:I think if we can keep the average gate at 4,500+ till the end of the season, that will be the 5th highest in 40 years!

He's wrong on this, always has been.

Just being even handed Roberto. ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:53 am

What you could argue is Mansfield folk aren’t exactly made of money, and never have been. Without the member card offer the average attendance would be hundreds lower too. At £11 to watch a game it’s brought a lot more fans in. This must be one of the best offers in football, so well done JR. We are what we are as a town, hard working, but below average paid compared to a lot of other places in England. The crowds will only increase significantly with the sniff of the championship beckoning imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:34 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

What you could argue is Mansfield folk aren’t exactly made of money, and never have been. Without the member card offer the average attendance would be hundreds lower too. At £11 to watch a game it’s brought a lot more fans in. This must be one of the best offers in football, so well done JR. We are what we are as a town, hard working, but below average paid compared to a lot of other places in England. The crowds will only increase significantly with the sniff of the championship beckoning imo.

It's actually one of the poorest areas in the country in terms of income & social mobility. I've pointed that out loads of times but 'tater says I'm being boring. :lol:

In fact you could argue that in the halcyon days of the mid 70s when Stags won 2 titles in 3 years & had a season in the 2nd tier, given the fact it was less than a quid to get in and most of the town worked down the pit the gates of 7/8,000 we got then were comparably worse than getting 4,000 now, when it's £20+ to get in and the town has become a minimum wage + benefits ghetto.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:40 am

Not much sign of apathy on the occasions of away days at Notts, Chesterfield & Lincoln. It’s a shame that some of this “swell” support seems never to be interested in the “bread and butter” fixtures. Mind you, some of them are hardly there for the football, are they?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:30 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Not much sign of apathy on the occasions of away days at Notts, Chesterfield & Lincoln. It’s a shame that some of this “swell” support seems never to be interested in the “bread and butter” fixtures. Mind you, some of them are hardly there for the football, are they?

That's a fair point Edders, though it will always be the case when it is such a well known and historically good day out whether you are a committed fan or not in the case of County particularly .

Spot on original post too, I would have thought that DF would have looked at their recent home result against County and believed there was an opportunity to do something.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 am

Our average this season is going in one direction, and a good chance our home crowds will be closer to 5,000 than 4,000 soon.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Conker wrote:Our average this season is going in one direction, and a good chance our home crowds will be closer to 5,000 than 4,000 soon.

That will be great.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:14 pm

I think if we were to be promoted I think we could easily pull 6000 average next season
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:21 pm

I think 4500 average has been good so far but can only see that swelling to gates of 5000 now.

The Tranmere match is possible going to be the second biggest attendance of the season so far IMO.

JR, CR, DF and the boys deserve it.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum