{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by a day too late

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by a day too late

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:03 pm

adamstag wrote:Sounds like we’ve been all over the place

Another 2nd half like Carlisle though and we’ve a chance.

At least results going our way.

Just to quote myself at half time yesterday.

Just for the record :lol:

Seems like I was pretty accurate on 3 counts :)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 pm

tmwilson wrote:I've just been watching on YouTube the celebrations at the end of the game . Such passion from the players . Over 40 years of supporting the club , I think this squad's passion and togetherness us the best I've seen . From the manager down to the loanees, you can see the unity

So true. This all stems from JR down to DF then on to the playing staff. This club are in great hands right now. I actually can’t believe it’s the same club from the one just over a decade ago!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 pm

adamstag wrote:Sounds like another horror show from the lads.

They seem to be occurring quite regularly so far this year!

You don’t go up losing 3 out of 4 games

Odd you didn't use this quote Adam :lol:

Another horror show, happening regularly, lost 3 out of 4 ..... all wrong!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Rob wrote:

Well rob, what exactly was wrong with it?

when you’re getting commentators mentioning how bad the play is, and getting text updates saying they’re all over the place - coming after some questionable performances in recent weeks (though those performances were out of character for this side) what would the average fan think? I think looking at the messages at half time on here everyone was in the same boat as me.

Bookies are rarely wrong and had us north of 30/1 to win that game.

I then mentioned that if we came out like we did against Carlisle we could get something, and we did just jay.

It was nice to be right yesterday!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:56 pm

adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Well rob, what exactly was wrong with it?

when you’re getting commentators mentioning how bad the play is, and getting text updates saying they’re all over the place - coming after some questionable performances in recent weeks (though those performances were out of character for this side) what would the average fan think? I think looking at the messages at half time on here everyone was in the same boat as me.

Bookies are rarely wrong and had us north of 30/1 to win that game.

I then mentioned that if we came out like we did against Carlisle we could get something, and we did just jay.

It was nice to be right yesterday!

"But I've always wanted him to do well" :lol: :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:06 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
tmwilson wrote:I've just been watching on YouTube the celebrations at the end of the game . Such passion from the players . Over 40 years of supporting the club , I think this squad's passion and togetherness us the best I've seen . From the manager down to the loanees, you can see the unity

So true. This all stems from JR down to DF then on to the playing staff. This club are in great hands right now. I actually can’t believe it’s the same club from the one just over a decade ago!!!

Was a very, very, very noisy pleasure to be sat right behind the drummer and pump it up boys yesterday. They never stopped believing even at 0-2 down. And as the goals went in it just got louder and louder and louder. The players fed off the backing so much I'm sure we played our part and they'd probably admit it too. When they came over to us at the end it was really special. I thought Krystian would explode he was so pumped with it all :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:I think most folk was expecting a defeat at half time, especially given how we sounded over the net.

Not really anything to be embarrassed about given the first half and the form over the last few weeks.

Plenty of enjoyment mind, and excellent come back

Well you and Darren certainly were expecting a defeat - which sums your attitude to our manager up perfectly. DF has done an incredible job this season, the sooner you, Darren and a few others start to appreciate it the better. Who knows, you might even start to enjoy this season!

I was delighted but not surprised by our comeback today, we have some fantastic attacking players and play such a positive brand of football you can see us doing this sort of thing. Not a chance on hell would we have done this under the funt.

You confuse hope with expectation Rob.

In a game where you are as off the pace as we were in the 1st half yesterday and 2-0 down you hope your going to win, but expect that you won't as those Lazarus type comebacks are very very rare.

It's also normal for fans to carry out a half time inquest after a first half battering and wonder where it all went wrong.

It's no more embarrassing than applauding the lads off after drubbing. It's what fans do.

So it's purely a coincidence that the negativity comes from those who wanted DF sacked?

That's what annoys folk, it's like they can't wait until we are losing so they can stick the knife in.

Not at all.

People who wanted him sacked a year ago are perhaps a little more anxious that history might repeat itself on the run in again this season (personally I think we'll be okay) and might be a little more inclined to be pessimistic when we're 2 down at half time for the second away game in a row.

I think there is only one poster on the board who takes pleasure in a defeat, and I base that on the fact he NEVER post after a win.

The DF sceptics are mostly being won over this season, they do all post win, lose or draw and I also think they (me included) will all be delighted to be proven wrong.

Now you need to stop beating fellow Stags fans over the head with their genuinely held opinions because it makes you sound a bit of a tool to be honest. :D

BTW a 14 page match thread after a win must be some kind of record.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:53 pm

I have never wanted DF to be sacked. I like to give managers a chance.... unlike Rob with his constant criticism of Paul Cox (before he won the league), Adam Murray and Steve Evans (or anybody on here that has a different opinion) :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only criticism I had of DF was that he made a right horlicks of it in the last 12 games last season when he took over. I think most Stags fans would agree on that. I think Sneag has explained it very well in previous posts. I just wanted DF to do what he is doing now and get us in the automatic promotion places bearing in mind the massive financial backing that JR has given him and his predecessor. We cannot expect this kind of backing to continue forever so need to strike whilst the iron is hot. DF is now doing a great job after a slow start and I have already said I would not sack him even if we are not promoted this season.

This is a forum which is only worth reading if people give their opinions instead of the bores who just insult people because they dare to have a different opinion. It does not matter if other people disagree. It would be very boring if everybody thought the same about every game, player, manager etc. I love having a chat with fans at the game and everybody has different views. It's all part of the fun. I am also really enjoying this season like I did last season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum