{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft no longer looking for a centre half

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Flitcroft no longer looking for a centre half

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:37 am

Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Not saying our defense is poor just not as Kean as it was across the back.

Again lads, you joke about Preston speed, he is a lumberer.

He ain't slow at all.

I think you are mixing him up with George Foster

Now don't you go dissing George! The best centre half, bar none, to grace our Amber shirt in my lifetime.

Never did the old centre backs adage of 'the first 10 yards are in the head' apply to anyone more than it did to George. He'd still be able to read the game out of most of the strikers in this league.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:40 am

Marky Mark wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Not saying our defense is poor just not as Kean as it was across the back.

Again lads, you joke about Preston speed, he is a lumberer.

He ain't slow at all.

I think you are mixing him up with George Foster

Now don't you go dissing George! The best centre half, bar none, to grace our Amber shirt in my lifetime.

Never did the old centre backs adage of 'the first 10 yards are in the head' apply to anyone more than it did to George. He'd still be able to read the game out of most of the strikers in this league.

I'm guessing some didn't go to the Lincoln game - he had their pacy black lad in his back pocket, he's got great speed for a defender
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:48 am

Vice President wrote:I think it would be a big mistake not bringing in another centre half. I don't think we will see the best of Mirfin this season.

A deputy for Bishop is far, far, far, far more important, far more important, infinitely more important. I can't stress enough how more important it is we get a deputy for Bishop!

I don't get all this talk about the centre backs being in bad form, it's frankly absurd! We had a bad day at Carlisle against a strong, in form side and Yeovil was just one those days. Overall, Pearce, Sweeney and Preston have been simply outstanding.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum