{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report Crawley game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report Crawley game

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:30 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Bradders » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:49 am

Grant was outstanding, even though you could tell that he's new to the team. A livewire performance. I was impressed with Ajose too. Although he got chances and didn't score, he's going to be the goalscorer we need. Always willing to gamble, hard working, skilled, brave and confident. Focussed on the main task. Walker is very good but a different style, so they should partner well.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Agree about Grant, not Ajose, he had an indifferent night and that was the worst miss of the season. He does look a gòod player though and it is early days of course.

We definitely need someone in midfield who can cover for Bish.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:04 pm

At first i thought ajose,s miss was a real howler,but when you see how quickly the keeper was on him it wasnt so easy ,think he will be a great signing for us with a fair few goals :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Whatever opinions on the new players let’s remember they only arrived at Mansfield on Monday.

They’ve both not played week in week out for a while and will need time to get into it, they are probably still learning the names of some of the other players!

Personally I thought they both equipped themselves well, Grant looked effortless in what he was doing and does have some proper quality, Ajose held it up and brought others into play and on another day he takes his chance.
Last edited by Foresttownstag on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Having witnessed the Crawley game, I reckon there’s plenty of cause for renewed optimism.

Give them a couple of games to gel and we have a promotion winning team.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Whatever opinions on the new players let’s remember they only arrived at Mansfield on Monday.

They’ve both not played week in week out for a while and will need time to get into it, they arse probably still learning the names of some of the other players!

Personally I thought they both equipped themselves well, Grant looked effortless in what he was doing and does have some proper quality, Ajose held it up and brought others into play and on another day he takes his chance.

:D :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm

The One wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Whatever opinions on the new players let’s remember they only arrived at Mansfield on Monday.

They’ve both not played week in week out for a while and will need time to get into it, they arse probably still learning the names of some of the other players!

Bloody iPhone :|
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
The One wrote:

Bloody iPhone :|

Funny how when you type "are" it assumes you really mean "arse". I suppose it's a more commonly used word on your phone.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:03 pm

Rob wrote:Agree about Grant, not Ajose, he had an indifferent night and that was the worst miss of the season. He does look a gòod player though and it is early days of course.

We definitely need someone in midfield who can cover for Bish.

Had a look at the pitchside footage and it was not a bad miss at all. Just before Ajose hits the ball it bobbles up about a foot in the air, so no wonder he skied it. I still maintain that he had an excellent debut and looks a fantastic prospect.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum