{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Just need baptiste

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Just need baptiste

Postby tinman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 am

One game shouldn't make or break a Stags player but I'm going to make an exception with Buxton.
No-one who went to Stockport the season Stags got relegated to non league should ever welcome him back
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:49 am

tinman wrote:One game shouldn't make or break a Stags player but I'm going to make an exception with Buxton.
No-one who went to Stockport the season Stags got relegated to non league should ever welcome him back

not welcome, nailed his commitment to the mast in our relegation season, i shall never forgive or forget
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Somebody should get into Bap's Mum's ear at the next home game, especially now that White will be out for a prolonged period.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:50 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
tinman wrote:One game shouldn't make or break a Stags player but I'm going to make an exception with Buxton.

not welcome, nailed his commitment to the mast in our relegation season, i shall never forgive or forget

Don't forget, Bucko had months of being booed the moment he was on the pitch, even before KO. You can't ignore the fact he was a youth teamer, yet was constantly ragged and abused by his own kind,. This in a year where many often went missing or screwed up. Switch roles: would you have remained impassive if you were in Bucko's boots?

Your choice of course Yorkie, but we've all made past mistakes, even you me owd angelic amigo. Then again, maybe most folks were too dazzled by your halo to notice them? :P ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:57 pm

88BenM wrote:Somebody should get into Bap's Mum's ear at the next home game, especially now that White will be out for a prolonged period.

Agreed
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:08 pm

spoke to her about it in Primark the other day, think she would love it but I don't think she has much say on his career.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Very good defender. Could he do HW job as a wingback ? I very much doubt it.

If our need was a centre half / conventional full back I would be all for it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Very good defender. Could he do HW job as a wingback ? I very much doubt it.

He played in that position for Blackpool in the premier league, he could definitely do HW's job.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:49 pm

88BenM wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Very good defender. Could he do HW job as a wingback ? I very much doubt it.

He played in that position for Blackpool in the premier league, he could definitely do HW's job.

Nearly 10 years ago...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:58 pm

88BenM wrote:

That's a very long time ago, in terms of a footballer's career.

Happy to be proved wrong though.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Saw him play for qpr last season.... Was their best player by a mile
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:16 pm

He’s not played since September. Injured again?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Saw him play for qpr last season.... Was their best player by a mile
Cruicially did he play as a wing back ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Not the answer at RWB imo. He must also be on big wages.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Saw him play for qpr last season.... Was their best player by a mile

Not sure whether Flitcroft will think that is imperative that the replacement is an out and out wing back. It would be ideal but there aren’t many in the lower leagues with the attributes that White has, and it’s unlikely to find one in January. CJ is capable of playing the RWB role when we play that system, leaving Walker and Ajose up top with Grant in behind. We all know that isn’t CJ’s best position by any means but Flitcroft obviously feels comfortable with him playing there and it allows him to accommodate all of our key players (we were all wondering who would be left out the 11 before Whites injury).

However when we want to play with CJ further forward, as we all like to see i can see us switching to the 433 that was played second half at Colchester, which is when the new player will be important at RB. That still allows all the forward lads to play.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:10 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Not sure whether Flitcroft will think that is imperative that the replacement is an out and out wing back. It would be ideal but there aren’t many in the lower leagues with the attributes that White has, and it’s unlikely to find one in January. CJ is capable of playing the RWB role when we play that system, leaving Walker and Ajose up top with Grant in behind. We all know that isn’t CJ’s best position by any means but Flitcroft obviously feels comfortable with him playing there and it allows him to accommodate all of our key players (we were all wondering who would be left out the 11 before Whites injury).

However when we want to play with CJ further forward, as we all like to see i can see us switching to the 433 that was played second half at Colchester, which is when the new player will be important at RB. That still allows all the forward lads to play.
I would be very surprised if he didn't bring in a right wing back.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I would be very surprised if he didn't bring in a right wing back.

I think he’ll look for one, and I hope we do but being able to get one on a permanent at this level in January won’t be easy. Just wouldn’t be overly surprised to just see us use CJ there when it’s a 5 and a new RB when we need a 4 as a good RB will be easier to pick up.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Greg Taylor anyone?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Greg Taylor anyone?

He’s left hand side I believe.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:20 am

I've seen that on the Peterborough forum, in the "Evans out" threads, they really do not rate Rhys Bennett and have him down as a failed signing.

He was great for us. Wonder if we could get him back?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:57 am

stagmanrob wrote:I've seen that on the Peterborough forum, in the "Evans out" threads, they really do not rate Rhys Bennett and have him down as a failed signing.

I rated Rhys it would be great to get him back but can't see JR doing business with them again
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:25 am

stagmanrob wrote:I've seen that on the Peterborough forum, in the "Evans out" threads, they really do not rate Rhys Bennett and have him down as a failed signing.

they dont rate Taff either, now.
now i wonder what it is that turns good players for us into "donkeys" for posh?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:10 am

Rhys was better at centre back than right back
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:15 am

Bennett was very error prone and had Pearce picking up the pieces. I agree with the Boro fans. Very surprised people love him so much. He always let the ball bounce before heading it, a showboating defender. It’s a no from me. We are much better without him.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:20 pm

Lets look forward not backwards. Play the youth players on the bench and find new talent for the club
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum