{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sterling james

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Sterling james

Postby Trenam » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm

What on earth does the manager think he’s doing telling him to find another club,if he spent more time showing him how good he is and playing him,he could be looking at another sterling at man.city think again mr.manager? :coys:
Trenam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Sterling james

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Hes paid to manage ,he is managing ,his decisions may be wrong to some ,but i think he knows a bit more about football than most of us osj has not done much for us under df so its fair enough by me
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm

he couldn't get in the first team under Evans and he cant under flitcroft. maybe he's just not good enough, maybe he deserves a chance.

I assume he was a signing that could have led to a big money move in the future but it doesn't look like it now. Won't be missed if he leaves imo
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Trenam wrote:What on earth does the manager think he’s doing telling him to find another club,if he spent more time showing him how good he is and playing him,he could be looking at another sterling at man.city think again mr.manager? :coys:

What club are you looking for Omari?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm

He's better than anything the Direshites have as is Anderson.

Maybe we should give our little non league neighbours a hand.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:11 pm

Trenam wrote:What on earth does the manager think he’s doing telling him to find another club,if he spent more time showing him how good he is and playing him,he could be looking at another sterling at man.city think again mr.manager? :coys:

You are hilarious.

What does a MANAGER think he’s doing telling a player he isn’t part of his plans :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:54 pm

The lad OSJ isn't up to EFL standard, end of
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

or is he a closet solihull moors fan? :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Omari will probably end up going back to Solihull Moors on loan again.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Still a bit lost in the reserves, not the answer.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Thought he looked ok in preseason and was ready to step on, but against Macc he was so far off the pace when he came on that he made us look far worse than we already were looking. DF sees him every day so will have a better view on him than anyone else, his contract is up at the end of the season so DF telling him to find somewhere now is a massive message, and helps him rather than being told in the summer.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 am

Put it this way Omari. Look deep inside yourself and say, ' Am I good enough for Lge1 next season?'

That's where we want to be.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:33 am

He has had his chances but is not deemed good enough by our manager.He sees him every day so I trust in his judgement.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

He's about as subtle as Mr Staypuft wandering through the Lincolnshire landscape wearing a giant luminous morris-dancers outfit!! :P

Feel sorry for the lad as he never really got much chance to step out on the hallowed turf, but he's had well over a year to claim a place. If he'd have shown the right potential i'd guarantee he'd have worked his way through the reserves and into the 1st team,

All the best Omari, i mean, Trenam ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm

I like him, he's quick and agile and tricky.... seems to be a winger? would like to see him given a go but he's been judged by the manager so I trust that... Hasn't he been in league two with cheltenham and done nothing before going back to non league?

Similar to Adi Yussuf.. not quite his level this
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Seemed ok in pre season, but the manager sees him week in, week out, so it's his decision, just a shame he cant be improved like CJ has been, and turned into a gem that makes us money.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:22 pm

I really like OSJ.. preseason he was very good

I dont want this to be like Matt Penney.. signed on loan from sheff wed last season on last day of January.. very promising but doesn't get nowhere near our 1st team.. now hes a very good rotation player in the championship (played 17 leagues games already)
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:28 pm

milne6 wrote:I really like OSJ.. preseason he was very good

I dont want this to be like Matt Penney.. signed on loan from sheff wed last season on last day of January.. very promising but doesn't get nowhere near our 1st team.. now hes a very good rotation player in the championship (played 17 leagues games already)

Penney should of been starting every week, what a waste of a loan
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
milne6 wrote:I really like OSJ.. preseason he was very good

Penney should of been starting every week, what a waste of a loan

Thats what i'm saying.. DF took over end of feb/march.. so had him for a few months but a good player was wasted.. hope OSJ doesn't go somewhere and proves what he could do..
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:44 pm

OSJ should be gone now, along with Butcher and Anderson.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:58 pm

OSJ, for whatever reason, has had chances and has shown in glimpses what he's capable of. As mentioned above against Macclesfield he was a disaster. No other way to put it.

OSJ could look at Hamilton for inspiration but has failed to make the grade. Should we be promoted this season then he will find chances very hard to come by. Plus he's a right winger so we have no use for him. Perhaps OSJ has made no progress in converting to a WB or number 10.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum