{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Foreign fans group

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Foreign fans group

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Does anyone have any idea who the large group of visiting fans were yesterday? At about 2.45 they were behind the Quarry Lane End getting their tickets and singing Stags songs in some kind of Northern European accent! There were about 20 of them, all of whom had bought a scarf. They'd also bought a box of programmes and when they'd handed them out, they gave the spares to other fans in the line. Just a shame they picked the wrong game!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Foreign fans group

Postby Slackythestag » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:38 pm

From Norway apparently.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Norweigan lads. They were all stopping in Manchester and are mostly Man City fans, they've come over for the City Wolves game tomorrow.

They just randomly pulled a game not a million miles away from Manchester out of the hat to watch yesterday and chose Mansfield.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Bit of a missed opportunity then! Not as bad as Alan Hardy Day falling flat on its face, but still, it would be nice to have a Scandi branch of the blue and yella barmy army.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 am

Foreign fans groups love a trip to the UK for a game or two.

I was at a game last year/earlier this season where coach loads of Dutch lads turned up at Greenwich Borough to double up on a game weekend, I think it was to see a Charlton game. They made for a cracking atmosphere and had no qualms as to the level of football they wanted to see - football is football innit
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:15 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:Foreign fans groups love a trip to the UK for a game or two.

I was at a game last year/earlier this season where coach loads of Dutch lads turned up at Greenwich Borough to double up on a game weekend, I think it was to see a Charlton game. They made for a cracking atmosphere and had no qualms as to the level of football they wanted to see - football is football innit

I do love the fan culture in Northern Europe. Dutch, German and Scandinavian fans are quality, but they get treated like valued customers in their countries. They must get a shock when they come here and have to put up with no beer, mardy stewards and being held back 20 minutes. Or maybe that's the appeal, like they have some kind of weird poverty tourism kink.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 am

They must get a shock when they come here and have to put up with no beer, mardy stewards and being held back 20 minutes

The joy of non league football (the lower down you go) is that you can drink ale pitch side, stewards are minimal and those that there are, are great and no need to be held back!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:16 pm

[quote="Johnny Rotten"][quote]They must get a shock when they come here and have to put up with no beer, mardy stewards and being held back 20 minutes
[/quote]

The joy of non league football (the lower down you go) is that you can drink ale pitch side, stewards are minimal and those that there are, are great and no need to be held back![/quote]

Out of all the Pre season friendlies the Retford game I enjoyed the most because of the above comments have a beer nice warm afternoon fans mixing together family club enjoying the game n great club house 1st time to watch Bishop I said then he will be the best player we've signed n a few goals to cheer
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:
They must get a shock when they come here and have to put up with no beer, mardy stewards and being held back 20 minutes

The joy of non league football (the lower down you go) is that you can drink ale pitch side, stewards are minimal and those that there are, are great and no need to be held back!

Out of all the Pre season friendlies the Retford game I enjoyed the most because of the above comments have a beer nice warm afternoon fans mixing together family club enjoying the game n great club house 1st time to watch Bishop I said then he will be the best player we've signed n a few goals to cheer

I reff'd at Retford just before Christmas, they weren't very friendly then!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum