{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stuart Watkiss

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stuart Watkiss

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:37 pm

In the pub earlier , on my mates phone he showed me a post on Facebook , I believe Mansfield Town FC followers page . Sorry Im not on Facebook so hopefully someone else can put a link up . Stuart was talking about the upcoming game and his loves for both clubs . A funny post about Haslam . He really loves our club .
When he was at the club I think he brought some fanatic players through the ranks and we played probably the best football I've see st the mill .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Re: Stuart Watkiss

Postby garlic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Very under-rated, he really established `that `team.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:51 pm

garlic wrote:Very under-rated, he really established `that `team.

Yeah...nothing to do with Billy Dearden.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:53 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

Did I berate or de-value Deardon?
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:57 pm

garlic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Did I berate or de-value Deardon?

No...but your were stating he (Watkiss) established that team like it was him on his own and nothing to do with the then club manager Dearden blooding them into the team the previous two years and having the balls to play them all other at the start of the 2001/2002 season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:00 pm

It's 2018 and some people still think 'Dearden' has an 'o' in it.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:03 pm

Random Hero wrote:It's 2018 and some people still think 'Dearden' has an 'o' in it.

:lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Watkiss presoded over the worst defence in our league history.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:05 pm

from facebook:

Stuart Watkiss
Gonna be a great game on New Year’s Day at Blundell Park ... Grimsby Town v Mansfield Town

Living in Grimsby for the last 12 years,and having worked for 4 years at the Mighty Mariners I obviously want to see them do well.... saying that my 7 year spell at Mansfield Town was so special... player, skipper, youth team coach, assistant manager, manager, promotion and so so many young players coming through.... then going on to have successful careers... playing great attacking football.....truly was happy days .

So forgive me Mariners fans but for Tuesday only .....COYS

Russ Clarkson
did you ever get on with Keith Haslam? He ruined our club at the time and we all wanted you to succeed the following year after promotion but he held us back so much - what’s your thoughts on him?

Stuart Watkiss
It’s very difficult for me to comment ... it was certainly frustrating for me ... I often felt like i was an English opening batsman facing the 1980’s West Indies pace attack...not only with no helmet and pads... but with no bat either .... that’s the most diplomatic way I can put it
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:from facebook:

Stuart Watkiss
Gonna be a great game on New Year’s Day at Blundell Park ... Grimsby Town v Mansfield Town

Living in Grimsby for the last 12 years,and having worked for 4 years at the Mighty Mariners I obviously want to see them do well.... saying that my 7 year spell at Mansfield Town was so special... player, skipper, youth team coach, assistant manager, manager, promotion and so so many young players coming through.... then going on to have successful careers... playing great attacking football.....truly was happy days .

Russ Clarkson
did you ever get on with Keith Haslam? He ruined our club at the time and we all wanted you to succeed the following year after promotion but he held us back so much - what’s your thoughts on him?

Stuart Watkiss
It’s very difficult for me to comment ... it was certainly frustrating for me ... I often felt like i was an English opening batsman facing the 1980’s West Indies pace attack...not only with no helmet and pads... but with no bat either .... that’s the most diplomatic way I can put it

That team under the current owner would of gone all the way to the championship/division one.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Stuart Watkiss

Russ Clarkson

Stuart Watkiss

A great man who did a fantastic job at our club. His last comment I think is alluding to the wage budget he was given after promotion, which was, to say the least, uncompetitive. Just waiting for Jamie now :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Rob wrote:

Stuart Watkiss

Russ Clarkson

Stuart Watkiss

A great man who did a fantastic job at our club. His last comment I think is alluding to the wage budget he was given after promotion, which was, to say the least, uncompetitive. Just waiting for Jamie now :lol:

It stretched (not far) to Lever and Moore, shudder. (You drive them Rob :lol:)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:49 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Random Hero wrote:It's 2018 and some people still think 'Dearden' has an 'o' in it.

:lol:

Or the widespread use of 'would of' instead of 'would have'.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:10 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Watkiss presoded over the worst defence in our league history.

I hope Sedgewick doesn't see that typo! :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Stuart Watkiss

Russ Clarkson

Stuart Watkiss

He didn't have to blow it all on Pop Larkin though.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:18 pm

It’s 2018 & still some people think presided has an O in it ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:20 pm

Rob wrote:

Stuart Watkiss

Russ Clarkson

Stuart Watkiss

“It’s his club he can do what he likes” was a particular ‘favourite’ :?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Sneag wrote:

:)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:14 pm

tmwilson wrote:In the pub earlier , on my mates phone he showed me a post on Facebook , I believe Mansfield Town FC followers page . Sorry Im not on Facebook so hopefully someone else can put a link up . Stuart was talking about the upcoming game and his loves for both clubs . A funny post about Haslam . He really loves our club .
When he was at the club I think he brought some fanatic playersthrough the ranks and we played probably the best football I've see st the mill .

Do fanatic players play kamikaze football ?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Sneag wrote:

ha
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:47 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Stuart Watkiss

Russ Clarkson

Stuart Watkiss

May as well have been Ferguson & Deere as CB, they were so agricultural :P

Wonder if we'll ever see SW back at stags someday in 1 role or another? Probably not, sadly
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum