{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:10 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:23 am

And now for the most important statistic,
the number of Hayden White Stepovers:

First half - two (one a double and one a triple)
Second half - none
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:39 am

Hayden whites crosses
First half none
Second half. Even less.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:43 am

Trevor Kettle . Definitely of the whistling variety . Stopped the game from flowing and boiling over . Thought Pearce was going to be in hot water though with that pullback . Overall , not my cup of tea .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:08 am

Should KP have been sent off second half? Couldn’t tell in the QLE but he looked like the last defender.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Should KP have been sent off second half? Couldn’t tell in the QLE but he looked like the last defender.

My initial reaction was he was off. But there was cover so perhaps yellow was right but had he been sent off I wouldn't have had any complaints
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:55 am

We were unlucky in added time at the end. Most days there would have been a scrambled goal or a penalty in that situation. There did appear to be a handball. I'd love to see those last couple of minutes again.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:58 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Should KP have been sent off second half? Couldn’t tell in the QLE but he looked like the last defender.

I thought Woolery had a lot of work to do to create a shooting chance, and I think that's why the ref just produced a yellow
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:48 pm

A good decision with the yellow then. The west stand linesman is the worst I’ve ever seen.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Not seen a replay, but live (from Q Block -a bit too noisy for me :lol: ) I thought it was a stonewall red, as of course did the Swindon fans. He also should have shown a second yellow to the Swindon No 3 for the pull back on Bishop.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Rob wrote:Not seen a replay, but live (from Q Block -a bit too noisy for me :lol: ) I thought it was a stonewall red, as of course did the Swindon fans. He also should have shown a second yellow to the Swindon No 3 for the pull back on Bishop.

the ref definitely bottled not booking Doughty for a second time. That was a clear yellow, as I said in commentary at the time.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:Not seen a replay, but live (from Q Block -a bit too noisy for me :lol: ) I thought it was a stonewall red, as of course did the Swindon fans. He also should have shown a second yellow to the Swindon No 3 for the pull back on Bishop.

the ref definitely bottled not booking Doughty for a second time. That was a clear yellow, as I said in commentary at the time.

Indeed he did bottle it, he knew if he gave the free kick he would have to book the player, so he gave nothing.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Anyone really impressed by the crowd? Getting 5k home fans after playing at home 4 days ago against Swindon I thought was brilliant and if we keep this form up it could become regular later in the season.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Conker wrote:Anyone really impressed by the crowd? Getting 5k home fans after playing at home 4 days ago against Swindon I thought was brilliant and if we keep this form up it could become regular later in the season.

It was a good show. I see that our average is almost identical to the Sheep. We are on an upswing and they aren’t.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:51 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Conker wrote:Anyone really impressed by the crowd? Getting 5k home fans after playing at home 4 days ago against Swindon I thought was brilliant and if we keep this form up it could become regular later in the season.

It was a good show. I see that our average is almost identical to the Sheep. We are on an upswing and they aren’t.

And they declare ST holders even if they don’t turn up!
Our home attendances have increased dramatically over the last few seasons and this season’s are almost 1000 up on 2016/17 and over 1500 up on 2014/15 season.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Our home attendances have increased dramatically over the last few seasons and this season’s are almost 1000 up on 2016/17 and over 1500 up on 2014/15 season.

They lie about many things - not least of which the attendances.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Surely it would be illegal to fraudulently include non attending season ticket holders in attendance figures? It's called "attendance" for a reason.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:14 pm

Bradders wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Surely it would be illegal to fraudulently include non attending season ticket holders in attendance figures? It's called "attendance" for a reason.

Where would be the gain in the fraud? Suppressing attendance figures for sure but not exagerating them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:16 pm

Surely from a health and safety perspective. If they have a fire during a game and only 1 or 2 thousand pearl evacuate. Could get messy.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 pm

Bradders wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

It’s a fairly common accountancy practice whereby the ST income is held and then declared at the point of use (1/23rd of ST cost) in order to spread VAT liability across the season rather than having one big VAT bill before the start of the season.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:21 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Surely from a health and safety perspective. If they have a fire during a game and only 1 or 2 thousand pearl evacuate. Could get messy.

They will/should have an accurate figure on the day for this purpose.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:07 pm

my player ratings and detailed report now on
https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=966
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:25 am

Re attendance figures , clubs in most sports take the option of giving "tickets sold" as their attendance figure.....Leicester Tigers started to do it around ten years ago and got a lot of flak for it when building the new stand and slightly after as a justification whereas like at Stags the regular supporters could guage the actual numbers.......as for Health & Safety I suspect that a different actual figure would be available if needed from the comercial one......lies, damn lies and statistics !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:42 am

I would suggest there are actually three different attendance figures

1) Paying customers who actually turn up

2) Customers who bought tickets whether they turn up or not.

3) everyone inside the ground including customers and staff for H&S purposes.

I feel the first one should be the reported official attendance.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby HU7stag » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:25 am

Lying raspberries! 'Incredible support' my arse. Half the inbreds weren't even there!

HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum