{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Daring to question Danny Rose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Daring to question Danny Rose

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:37 am

Coming from me eh, will have to think about that comment.

There IS NO loyalty in football Bellwhiff players or managers, just a pay packet.

Fans are different, I understand that, but to bare a grudge on the grounds of loyalty whilst the player is still with the club is pathetic.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:40 am

oldweststander wrote:Coming from me eh, will have to think about that comment.

There IS NO loyalty in football Bellwhiff players or managers, just a pay packet.

Fans are different, I understand that, but to bare a grudge on the grounds of loyalty whilst the player is still with the club is pathetic.

It’s nit a grudge. It’s disdain. The players are generally quite mercenary in their ways but while they are under contract they are to give their maximum. They clearly in most cases don’t have the affinity that supporters do but to effectively go on strike to attempt to force a move is something else completely. He’s burned his bridges. That’s it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:06 am

No idea why he's idolised at the Mill. He was disappointing in his first season, had a good ten match run after coming on at Lincoln under Evans and then handed in a transfer request. What we are seeing now is the player Flitcroft discarded twice already. When he had two chances a few weeks ago to slot into an empty net and on both occasions tried to showboat despite a lack of goals sums it up for me. A bloke in the pub suggested he should be an attacking midfielder for us - let's play him there or sell if we get a decent offer
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jimstag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:10 am

It’s difficult, I honestly think our change in style under Flitcroft doesn’t suit Danny and his goal scoring. I still see Danny putting the effort in but less end product, as others have said without Davies he’s the only who can reliably win the aerial balls and others have to be ready to pickup the second balls.

I think the Danny Rose song originated from the fans being aware we needed to change things up and with Danny warming up DF will have also recognised this, I’d like to think of it as the crowd being behind this than any criticism of the players on the pitch.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:19 am

Ok Bellwhiff.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:20 am

OK Bellwhiff.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:26 am

As the bloke in the pub, when Danny first came, I didn`t rate him. People call him for his diving. He is probably the bravest of our players, as his injuries have shown. People seem to have forgotten this! He now has the common sense to hold back a bit, for self preservation. He has shown inspiration at times and I presume that`s why the fans love him. Hopefully he will get back to top form, but then we will have to sell him. Only Bishop is as brave and puts himself on the line as much!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:31 am

PRL13 wrote:As the bloke in the pub, when Danny first came, I didn`t rate him. People call him for his diving. He is probably the bravest of our players, as his injuries have shown. People seem to have forgotten this! He now has the common sense to hold back a bit, for self preservation. He has shown inspiration at times and I presume that`s why the fans love him. Hopefully he will get back to top form, but then we will have to sell him. Only Bishop is as brave and puts himself on the line as much!

Seriously ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:41 am

bellwhiff wrote:Sell him. No time for him. He knows what he did. Get gone.

You simply have to better than that, Whiffy. You’re not a moron so don’t behave like one.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:47 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

You simply have to better than that, Whiffy. You’re not a moron so don’t behave like one.

What’s moronic in being disappointed in his actions ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:57 am

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

What’s moronic in being disappointed in his actions ?

It’s moronic to allow yourself to get so embittered by it.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 pm

Don't rate Danny Rose at all, never have, and find the god-like worship of him baffling. He's one dimensional and an out-and-out diver (although that's not unique in football). If he's going to be our main striker in the New Year then we'll have to find a lot more goals from midfield to finish even in the play-offs. Boxing Day's goal by CJ would have been missed by Rose because he would have had his head in his hands (or would have fallen to the floor) after missing the first chance so wouldn't have followed-up. On top of that he seems incredibly unfit for a professional footballer. Apart from that, he's ok really. Up The Stags!
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:06 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Don't rate Danny Rose at all, never have, and find the god-like worship of him baffling. He's one dimensional and an out-and-out diver (although that's not unique in football). If he's going to be our main striker in the New Year then we'll have to find a lot more goals from midfield to finish even in the play-offs. Boxing Day's goal by CJ would have been missed by Rose because he would have had his head in his hands (or would have fallen to the floor) after missing the first chance so wouldn't have followed-up. On top of that he seems incredibly unfit for a professional footballer. Apart from that, he's ok really. Up The Stags!

If we lose Walker, we will sign another striker, not rely on Rose. His movement won’t be good enough for Flitcroft.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:13 pm

I find this thread quite depressing .

We are third in the league playing well and people are slagging Danny Rose off. Why?

In my view he is a v good player - he made an error of judgement and has apologised

He is one of us . And have to say the name of the thread is ridiculous and designed to attract criticisim of one of our own

Get a life
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:16 pm

One of us.

He isn’t.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:17 pm

Danny, Danny Rooossssseeee, Danny, Danny Rose. Good player to have and will have some critical part to play in the coming months. Any other team in league 2 would take him in a heartbeat!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:19 pm

bellwhiff wrote:One of us.

He isn’t.

You're behaving like a small child, like a few others on here.

Farnie saying Danny is incredibly unfit wins hands down the most stupid thing written on here in 2018!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Rob wrote:

He isn’t.

Farnie saying Danny is incredibly unfit wins hands down the most stupid thing written on here in 2018!

Haha. I’ll take no lecture from Victor Mature here. I have my opinion and I stick to it. I think he’s duplicitous.

So jog on Handle Bars.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Rob wrote:

He isn’t.

No that was Paul's book for Christmas 2019 posted on Dec 28th :D :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:28 pm

The One wrote:
Rob wrote:

He isn’t.

No that was Paul's book for Christmas 2019 posted on Dec 28th :D :D :D

Agree. :)

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm

This post is pointless - we are in good shape and all some on here can do is needlessly criticise

Post something about what is going well instead of this boll hox
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:42 pm

My thoughts on Rose are well known, I don't rate him and never have. I too like belly will never forgive his actions and especially the timing of them last summer. However, as I said to my mates yesterday, if he goes through the transfer window with his head down, working hard and without putting in another request, then I will at least try to let it go (through gritted teeth).
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:02 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Danny, Danny Rooossssseeee, Danny, Danny Rose. Good player to have and will have some critical part to play in the coming months. Any other team in league 2 would take him in a heartbeat!!!

Which ones, my engines running?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:04 pm

Said it a while ago, theres a massive reason Flitcroft sold him to us in the first place.... He's a decent league two striker and not much more.

Very good in the air though, wow some of the headers he wins! But as a clinical, put the ball in the net from nothing kind of striker, he's not. Walker is showing the difference. Also noticed the runs CJ has been making behind the defence, that's what Danny never does. Too bothered about falling over and running his hands through his hair.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:24 pm

yorkstag wrote:This post is pointless - we are in good shape and all some on here can do is needlessly criticise

Post something about what is going well instead of this boll hox

The thread is looking at the massive disconnect between the adulation for Danny and his performances alongside the lesser adulation for other players. Seems quite a sensible thread rather than pointless or needless criticism
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum