{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Daring to question Danny Rose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Daring to question Danny Rose

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Danny, Danny Rooossssseeee, Danny, Danny Rose. Good player to have and will have some critical part to play in the coming months. Any other team in league 2 would take him in a heartbeat!!!

Which ones, my engines running?

Read it again mate. Get your engine running, there’s 23 to choose from.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:57 pm

It’s easy to see why Danny Rose is a fans favourite, he comes on and puts himself about, full of energy, closing players down and has scored some important goals for us in the past. You always feel he lifts the crowd/team when he comes on and gives us another option - that can only be a good thing. He engages well with the fans, takes time to give them their selfies and autographs, gives his shirt away etc. Obviously his output isn’t great at the moment, he’s probabably a better sub than a starter and I can’t see him being here too much longer. But I like him and he will go down as a favourite. From what I’ve seen when we play Bury, their fans think so too.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:32 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Danny, Danny Rooossssseeee, Danny, Danny Rose. Good player to have and will have some critical part to play in the coming months. Any other team in league 2 would take him in a heartbeat!!!

Engine still running, which one am I taking him to?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:40 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
yorkstag wrote:This post is pointless - we are in good shape and all some on here can do is needlessly criticise

Post something about what is going well instead of this boll hox

The thread is looking at the massive disconnect between the adulation for Danny and his performances alongside the lesser adulation for other players. Seems quite a sensible thread rather than pointless or needless criticism

I suggest you read the thread again if you think there isn't any pointless or needless criticism on here!

Try these words in your search: duplicitous, unfit, one-dimensional, diver, there are others including Woodclanger offering to drive him to his next club - yes quite a sensible thread :lol: I could almost understand it if we were where County are, but we're 3rd, lost one game all season yet two of our players are copping for it. It's moronic.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:44 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Haha. All the fanbois out in force this evening.

You idiots. Like Take That fans. The man is a disgrace. He is as bad as Evans and you morons cheer him like he’s a hero. Get a grip. The man dumped all over you and you lap it up.

Judas.

Mr one game a season piping up again.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm

The main thing what gripes me is the adulation he gets from the fans. IMO he’s not done anything noteworthy since he handed in his transfer request and yet he still seems to get preferential treatment from fans and the DDR song. There’s many more players who have put an extra shift in than him, played better than him this season and been more loyal than him this season who don’t get the recognition and fans support at the matches they deserve (Pearce, Preston, Bishop to name a few).
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm

I forgived him like all should when he apologised.

He hasn’t really had the game time, he’s a better option than most have in this league, I think the Swindon game he should have started in retrospect.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Rob wrote:
yorkstag wrote:This post is pointless - we are in good shape and all some on here can do is needlessly criticise

The thread is looking at the massive disconnect between the adulation for Danny and his performances alongside the lesser adulation for other players. Seems quite a sensible thread rather than pointless or needless criticism

I suggest you read the thread again if you think there isn't any pointless or needless criticism on here!

Try these words in your search: duplicitous, unfit, one-dimensional, diver, there are others including Woodclanger offering to drive him to his next club - yes quite a sensible thread :lol: I could almost understand it if we were where County are, but we're 3rd, lost one game all season yet two of our players are copping for it. It's moronic.

Rob, I've room for Logan too
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Stag95 wrote:

You idiots. Like Take That fans. The man is a disgrace. He is as bad as Evans and you morons cheer him like he’s a hero. Get a grip. The man dumped all over you and you lap it up.

Judas.

Hahaha. Superfan. Can I have your autograph?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Rob wrote:

So you think calling him duplicitous isn’t warranted then ?

I thought you may understand the concept of loyalty. Obviously not
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:20 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Judas.

Hahaha. Superfan. Can I have your autograph?

Ahh, what’s up Whiffy - did Santa not bring you what you wanted? Never mind, it’ll soon be next year.

Keep the faith!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:

And Flitcroft? In fact, is there anyone you don't want, or haven't wanted, to get rid of :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:

And Flitcroft? In fact, is there anyone you don't want, or haven't wanted, to get rid of :lol:

Room for a little 'un, so could perhaps fit Khan in :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Danny was mislead into believing Peterborough wanted him based on last year performance.
By the time that was a resolved he was out of favour and out of form.
Now any offer for him will be much reduced and an offer of full games could see him transfer in January to another L2 club. The clean slate and challenge will see his form return.
If he stays give him a couple of full games behind the strikers playing a Rhead role and I believe we will see a new in form Danny. 10 minutes at the end of a game gives no opportunity for him to establish a role.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Engine still running, which one am I taking him to?

I will raise you Khan. Now he’s a real nowhere man!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum