{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:46 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Keeper keeps a clean sheet...fans claim he is not good enough.

Can someone explain the logic behind this?

Yes, it’s all about the need to pick on someone. There’s always got to be a boo boy.

Like Danny Rose?

I’m not picking on him. I’m stating what he did and why I hold him in contempt for it. He’d get my 100pc backing while playing. I’m criticising his off the field behaviour. Not his performances. Do keep up.

His off field stuff has gone now, like DF's record last season. Time to move on and support him, he's a good footballer who just needs a goal. Your comments on Rose do contradict your backing of others.

Out concept of loyalty clearly differs. I don’t believe Rose or his contrition. I think it’s too easy to just believe his flannel. Do you think he’s playing to his potential ? Honestly, do you think he’s just biding his time ?
I reckon he will go in the window.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:50 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Keeper keeps a clean sheet...fans claim he is not good enough.

Yes, it’s all about the need to pick on someone. There’s always got to be a boo boy.

Like Danny Rose?

I’m not picking on him. I’m stating what he did and why I hold him in contempt for it. He’d get my 100pc backing while playing. I’m criticising his off the field behaviour. Not his performances. Do keep up.

His off field stuff has gone now, like DF's record last season. Time to move on and support him, he's a good footballer who just needs a goal. Your comments on Rose do contradict your backing of others.

It must be galling having to miss most of what’s happening at MTFC whilst domicile in the lovely, lovely county of Hampshire. He’s clearly missing his squaddie banter and his service medals on display in his sitting room are tarnishing over time. His acrid comments are just his way of dissipating his frustrations.

Bless you Whiffy-lad.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:58 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Quite simple really, it’s called looking beyond individual results/performances and analysing what actually happened during the game. The same as the xG stats. The logic is the goals you score across a season largely equates to the quality of the chances you create. If Logan keeps making little mistakes hear and there, logic says over the course of a season they will be punished.

So, using the same logic, we will be punished for not taking our chances created then.
The majority of mistakes in yesterday's games came from the outfield players and that includes not taking our chances when in some excellent positions, yet most of the criticism you read on here is of Logan keeping a clean sheet and lets be sure of one thing he bailed out his defenders on more than one occasion yesterday - quite bizarre.

Conrad was in goal all of last season,before fat boy left we were top 4, had we taken all of our chances we would have been top. Using this logic he is a GK that can deliver in a promotion chasing side.

Good job he didn't make the majority of errors yesterday :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:07 pm

pemill wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Quite simple really, it’s called looking beyond individual results/performances and analysing what actually happened during the game. The same as the xG stats. The logic is the goals you score across a season largely equates to the quality of the chances you create. If Logan keeps making little mistakes hear and there, logic says over the course of a season they will be punished.

So, using the same logic, we will be punished for not taking our chances created then.
The majority of mistakes in yesterday's games came from the outfield players and that includes not taking our chances when in some excellent positions, yet most of the criticism you read on here is of Logan keeping a clean sheet and lets be sure of one thing he bailed out his defenders on more than one occasion yesterday - quite bizarre.

Conrad was in goal all of last season,before fat boy left we were top 4, had we taken all of our chances we would have been top. Using this logic he is a GK that can deliver in a promotion chasing side.

xG measures the quality of the chances you create, not just the number of. At last look we were 4th in the xG stats, so it's pretty much spot on at the moment.

I think I've said enough on Logan now. I don't think he's a good keeper. Would love him to prove me wrong.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
pemill wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

xG measures the quality of the chances you create, not just the number of. At last look we were 4th in the xG stats, so it's pretty much spot on at the moment.

I think I've said enough on Logan now. I don't think he's a good keeper. Would love him to prove me wrong.

He already is proving you wrong! He's done well since stepping back into the team, though reading some of the rubbish on this thread you'd be mistaken for thinking he'd been chucking the ball into his own net!

I bet like a few others you can't wait until he makes a mistake :roll:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:40 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
pemill wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

How many games are you going to give him to prove you wrong 23? Or are you waiting for his first mistake to prove that you are right
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:42 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Like Danny Rose?

He'll get your 100% backing while you slag him off from your armchair for something that happened months ago. He's a young man who took bad advice, footballers are hawked out by their pimps. It's a fact of modern football.

We've lost 1 game all season gone 16 without defeat and we have two threads slagging our own players off.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Bros wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
pemill wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

How many games are you going to give him to prove you wrong 23? Or are you waiting for his first mistake to prove that you are right

Well he had a whole season last year in which he was average, not terrible but not good. So unless he's improved I'm expecting the same again.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:48 pm

The main difference between Logan and Olejnik is Olejnik is in charge of his area Logan is not.It was noticible how long Logan took to release the ball.The defence seemed to have little confidence in him.Especially Pearce.I accept that all players make mistakes but it is important to keep them to a minimum.I will support all our players.Don't forget it was Logan who cost us 2 points against Colchester.I can't remember Olejnik costing us any points.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Can always give Jake Kean a chance.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
pemill wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

It's a good job your opinion don't count them . Statically we should be top of the league with chances created . Who do you blame for this ?
Who do you applaud for us keeping a clean sheet yesterday and condemn for us not scoring , obviously using your stats ?;
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:05 pm

No we shouldn’t, we should be 4th.

As I’ve said several times, he made a couple of very good saves yesterday, however I don’t think he’s good enough long term. Please read my posts before keep repeating the same things.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Like Danny Rose?

He'll get your 100% backing while you slag him off from your armchair for something that happened months ago. He's a young man who took bad advice, footballers are hawked out by their pimps. It's a fact of modern football.

We've lost 1 game all season gone 16 without defeat and we have two threads slagging our own players off.

It's flipping unbelievable and I didn't say flipping.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:15 pm

What’s Rose dome really since the transfer FUBAR then ? Do you think he’s as focused and productive as he was last season.

I’m obviously not in as good a position as yourself to make a judgement but the stats seem to point to him not producing this season. Why do you think that is ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

What you have to look beyond the individual game, like you did when we last played Grimsby? What was it you said, they were utter crap and rubbish. Well some did look beyond that game and saw the green shoots of a half decent side. Yet on the basis of that one game you shot those people down with your golden square bull, and now you're trying to do it with xG stats or whatever.

Well, Jose, Grimsby were level with Clownty ten games ago and are now 14 clear of them and only six off the play-offs. So much for your wonderful new ideas.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:27 pm

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

What you have to look beyond the individual game, like you did when we last played Grimsby? What was it you said, they were utter crap and rubbish. Well some did look beyond that game and saw the green shoots of a half decent side. Yet on the basis of that one game you shot those people down with your golden square bull, and now you're trying to do it with xG stats or whatever.

Well, Jose, Grimsby were level with Clownty ten games ago and are now 14 clear of them and only six off the play-offs. So much for your wonderful new ideas.

Happy to admit when I'm wrong, they've been on a good run since. Doesn't change the fact they were crap against us.

You've been on a mard with me ever since I taught you a new phrase. The fact you still use Jose as a manager to aspire to is telling. Let it go....
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:What’s Rose dome really since the transfer FUBAR then ? Do you think he’s as focused and productive as he was last season.

I’m obviously not in as good a position as yourself to make a judgement but the stats seem to point to him not producing this season. Why do you think that is ?

He has not been as productive and I agree with the manager leaving him on the bench, he's not had a great season and has lacked a bit of confidence in front of goal, but he is an important player for us and should he get a goal or two coming off the bench could soon be fighting for a starting place - in fact, to freshen things up a bit I think I'd start with him at Grimsby. One thing Danny absolutely always does is give his all when he is on the pitch, he is strong and brave and this is why he is so well liked by most Stags fans - that has not changed this season, despite the summer goings on.

Same with Logan, if Bobby was fit he would still be 1st choice, but Bobby isn't fit so Logan should be judged on how he performs now back in the side, not how he performed before he was dropped. Some folk just aren't able to do that, they have made their minds up and no way will they give him a chance. As soon as he makes an error, which he will, they'll be on here like a tramp on chips.
Last edited by Rob on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:29 pm

Kean is not the answer, starting looking.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Conrad’s a decent keeper at this level but Bobby has rightly taken the jersey from him and is more suited to our style under flitcroft. It’ll be tough to find better than him or Kean in the transfer window but I’m sure we’ll be looking and keeping our options open.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:52 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Happy to admit when I'm wrong, they've been on a good run since. Doesn't change the fact they were crap against us.

You've been on a mard with me ever since I taught you a new phrase. The fact you still use Jose as a manager to aspire to is telling. Let it go....

So you're a hypocrite then. You only look beyond the individual game when it suits your opinion.

Glad you've cleared that up.

And seeing as you're to slow to work it out, the very reason I likened you to Jose was to show that just like him you've been sussed and are no longer relevant.

Glad to clear that up for you.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:57 pm

DE STAG wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Not been a big fan of Logan, but how anyone can criticize him today I do not know. Made several top saves to keep us level.

Agreed, Conrad is a great shot stopper, better than most keepers in L2, but Bobby is probably the best keeper in L2, big boots for Conrad to fill.

I think Pym at Exeter is the best keeper I've seen in this league apart from Jamal Blackman who was on loan at Wycombe from Chelsea.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:09 pm

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

So you're a hypocrite then. You only look beyond the individual game when it suits your opinion.

And seeing as you're to slow to work it out, the very reason I likened you to Jose was to show that just like him you've been sussed and are no longer relevant.

No, not really. Grimsby will probably finish around where they are now. That doesn't make them a good side. There's a hell of a lot of dross in this league because it's such a difficult league to get relegated from, and such an easy league to get out of, compared to the other leagues.

If you were a comparing me to someone who had been sussed, why finish quoting my 'new ideas'? Nice try at after timing.

I'm sure you'll continue following me around this forum quoting purple polygons etc. Thought you might have been gifted a new hobby for Christmas.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

No, not really. Grimsby will probably finish around where they are now. That doesn't make them a good side. There's a hell of a lot of dross in this league because it's such a difficult league to get relegated from, and such an easy league to get out of, compared to the other leagues.

If you were a comparing me to someone who had been sussed, why finish quoting my 'new ideas'? Nice try at after timing.

I'm sure you'll continue following me around this forum quoting purple polygons etc. Thought you might have been gifted a new hobby for Christmas.

My I didn't realise you were that slow. My "So much for your wonderful ideas" line was very clearly said with much sarcasm. Although having to explain that to you,in itself, explains a lot.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Now now children!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Just seen the highlights and I don’t get the criticism of Logan ?
He made two excellent saves from good strikes.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum