{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Buying tickets online

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Buying tickets online

Postby Old timer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Trying to buy tickets online and kept being told my payment wasn't going through and then had a look at my bank account and found MTFC have processed the transaction 4 times and charged me £88 AND I HAVE NO TICKET. What a chuffing shambles. Warning to anyone else who gets this problem when trying to buy online tickets.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Buying tickets online

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Not just tickets on line.....

I went to the ticket office today to buy tickets for Swindon Yeovil and Tramere I could only get the 1st two with the 3rd not available.... when I asked when the woman said try again next week....

I know I've defended these girls in the past but I'm not going to name the woman because we all have bad days at work but there is away of talking to people especially when before I've bought 4 home tickets in one go.

I'm fortunate to live local but some fans come from out of town to try n purchase 3 or 4 tickets at a time for reasons safe money on fuel cost same seats near their mates.....

It seems not all ticket office staff are singing on the same song seat....

I would like to say rant or moan over but it's just an observation on visiting the ticket office n being served by two different staff over the last 6 weeks.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Yeah same experience when I’ve dealt with them, it’s like your doing them a favour rather than being a paying customer. I appreciate it’s awkward and busy but manners cost nowt
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm

I've been in a few times and two of them have carried on talking (not work-related) without even acknowledging I was there. They seriously need to up their game and learn how to deal with customers on a more professional basis.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Binghamstag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 pm

Just to say every time I called in to the ticket office all the staff were very professional
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby mans_field » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:33 am

Old timer wrote:Trying to buy tickets online and kept being told my payment wasn't going through and then had a look at my bank account and found MTFC have processed the transaction 4 times and charged me £88 AND I HAVE NO TICKET. What a chuffing shambles. Warning to anyone else who gets this problem when trying to buy online tickets.

could be why you can't even see the swindon game on stags tickets at the mo :shock: :shock:
mans_field
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Blackburn Stag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:40 am

I've often encountered the same shocking customer service when ordering tickets over the phone from the same lady. It's like you're an inconvenience trying to buy tickets with lots of sighs down the phone. Rang for tickets for Swindon home game on Thursday at 10.40am, then asked if any tickets for Carlisle away were on sale to be told quite flatly "yes, from about 11am", so had to ring back a few minutes later to order them.
Blackburn Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Old timer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:51 am

To be fair, I haven't had issues with the staff in the office before. It's just the online system. I have had problems with it before, not this particular issue, and it isn't the most user friendly of systems. It really needs sorting out if the club want to push us into getting our tickets online and want to be seen to be a professional organisation.

And again, to be fair, the staff have sorted the issue for me first thing this morning with a reassuring email response that says it should be put right and the payment won't go through (despite what it says on my bank account this morning) but they shouldn't have to be put in that position in the first place. If the technology was up to scratch this wouldn't have happened. I could have been trying to get the ticket all night and gone over my overdraft limit and potentially got charged for that.

I was angry last night as its the end of the month and I have no money left until Monday as a result of this gooseberry up so I won't be attending the game today and it's left a bit of a sour taste. In future I will get my tickets the old fashioned way as I don't trust it any more. It is in everyone's interests that the club get a better system.

Rant over, and thanks to the office for sorting it, hopefully!
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:08 am

Have no issues personally, the staff always seem happy to help.
I don't expect long conversations, there is usually a small queue so I get my transaction done and leave, never felt hard done by.

Of course the online ticket issue is serious and needs sorting.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 am

The customer service from some of the staff is shocking. Comes across like they have a attitude problem.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:16 am

In the main I think the staff in there are good and more than happy to help but there is one member of staff that’s always particularly difficult to deal with. Everyone who sits around us seems to think the same also which is a shame.

Only used the online ticket system once and I had the same problem with it not actually giving me the ticket. Never really trusted it after that, luckily enough I live locally so not much of a hardship to get down to the ground.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:27 am

Agreed there is one person in particular that has no customer service skills , I actually ended up missing a game due to the way I was dealt with regarding an issue with my ticket . The young lad is is best , friendly & approachable .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:45 am

Amberheart wrote:Agreed there is one person in particular that has no customer service skills , I actually ended up missing a game due to the way I was dealt with regarding an issue with my ticket . The young lad is is best , friendly & approachable .

Im a qle ticket holder so have to buy all my tickets from the office. This has also been my experience
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby S7AGS » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 am

Can you buy online tickets on the day of a game? Swindon game not showing as available!
We're surely losing numbers if this is the case?!
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:04 am

The ticketing system is and always has been a farce
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 am

robeyre wrote:
Amberheart wrote:Agreed there is one person in particular that has no customer service skills , I actually ended up missing a game due to the way I was dealt with regarding an issue with my ticket . The young lad is is best , friendly & approachable .

Im a qle ticket holder so have to buy all my tickets from the office. This has also been my experience

Spot on. Posted about her in the past. She once told a guy in front of me that we didnt need people like him and the club would be better off without him

All he wanted was a vat receipt to claim expenses back
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:15 am

S7AGS wrote:Can you buy online tickets on the day of a game? Swindon game not showing as available!
We're surely losing numbers if this is the case?!

Seems to be showing at the moment.
I agree that it's not a user friendly or well-designed system, in fact it's crap and I could redesign it easily. But if you're careful and savvy you can just about get tickets from it.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:18 am

Never had a problem buying online or with the ladies in the office, by God everything must be going well on the pitch :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:32 am

Yep, same problem here. One member of staff seems to be the problem and I think she may be the boss?? It's a shame because most of the others I have dealt with (especially a young lad) seem really friendly. She is definitely the wrong person for a front-of-house role
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:36 am

Quote from MTFC as at 11.30am

Tickets for the match are available to purchase online via www.stagstickets.co.uk, at the ticket office on Quarry Lane, or by calling the ticket office on 01623 482 482.

Supporters can also purchase tickets on the day of the game. The matchday ticket office will be open for fans to buy tickets from 12pm until 3pm.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:40 am

While we're having a grumble as a ST holder I rarely buy tickets but do occassionally pick them up for friends. The last two times I've been I nipped in the shop as it was slinging it down, only to be told I couldn't get tickets via the hatch, but had to go round to the ticket window. The shop was empty at the time. This kind of jobsworthyness does my head in.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:54 am

I really wish it was simple buying Stags tickets.

No one answered the phone when I tried to buy before the Boxing Day game or again before this game. For some reason the website didn't work on my phone so I wasn't able to buy online either. Not the first time that's happened.

Why can't there just be an easy way to pay on an app??
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 pm

Sneag wrote:While we're having a grumble as a ST holder I rarely buy tickets but do occassionally pick them up for friends. The last two times I've been I nipped in the shop as it was slinging it down, only to be told I couldn't get tickets via the hatch, but had to go round to the ticket window. The shop was empty at the time. This kind of jobsworthyness does my head in.

Exactly the same thing happened to me..... Went in through the shop, only to be told, 'I'll serve you from here this time but next time you need to go to the ticket window outside'. Surely not when it's pouring down and you're the only customer there?!
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Obviously you can't read the massive sign on the shop door or do you normally ignore notices and directions.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:37 pm

part time pete wrote:Obviously you can't read the massive sign on the shop door or do you normally ignore notices and directions.

Yes I can read Pete, that's why I don't sweep floors for a living.

If the shop is rammed on a matchday, then there is a logic to the separation of the two functions. On a Wednesday afternoon when it's pissing it down with rain, then I'd expect the staff to apply a bit of descretion and common sense.

There's also the possibility that while my tickets purchase is being processed I might pick up an impulse buy in the shop. That certainly won't happen if I get barked at like a naughty schoolkid and asked to stand in the rain outside.

It is dreadful customer service. A first time customer, will be an only time customer if they get pissed about or spoken down to during that first transaction. It is one serial offender in the shop/ticket office & they need to be kept in the back office or sent on a people skills course.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum