{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Buying tickets online

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Buying tickets online

Postby pemill » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:58 pm

I've used the online ticket system many times and love it, only problem I have had is forgetting to press the print option, self inflicted but have been able to cancel & correct before paying. There must be an IT glitch if it isn't working properly, guess what, bigger organisations than MTFC have these problems, VISA and TSB for instance, quite recently. It's life, you should all get over yourselves.

Generally speaking I've had no problem with the office staff, I talk to them politely and they respond accordingly, funnily enough that's life too. If you do have a problem with them then spare a thought for the raspberry they have to deal with, many football fans are cretinous morons who don't have manners and looking for the next argument.

As for picking tickets up from the club shop, this is something that must have been changed. I have often popped in there to collect pre-paid tickets but was told last time I would have to queue at the window. I was a bit disgruntled but went round to the window only to be served by the woman who told me to go round to the window, I did remind her what a complete waste of time and energy that exercise was.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Swindon tickets back on-line but only 732 tickets available, several blocks not available to buy on-line but don't know why; West blocks A, F, G, H, J & M + QLE A & B

Judging by that this is going to be a bumper crowd.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:18 pm

pemill wrote:There must be an IT glitch if it isn't working properly, guess what, bigger organisations than MTFC have these problems, VISA and TSB for instance, quite recently. It's life, you should all get over yourselves.

I've worked in IT for a long, long time and when I produce something, by the time it goes live there is no glitch in it and it's designed to do just what the user wants in a friendly way. It is possible, and telling people to "get over it" is a shameful solution and only helps to keep standards low.
Although I have to agree that a lot of quite serious systems are indeed put together by cowboys, and I come across bugs all the time of the type that I'd expect to be sacked for.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Bradders wrote:
pemill wrote:There must be an IT glitch if it isn't working properly, guess what, bigger organisations than MTFC have these problems, VISA and TSB for instance, quite recently. It's life, you should all get over yourselves.

I've worked in IT for a long, long time and when I produce something, by the time it goes live there is no glitch in it and it's designed to do just what the user wants in a friendly way. It is possible, and telling people to "get over it" is a shameful solution and only helps to keep standards low.
Although I have to agree that a lot of quite serious systems are indeed put together by cowboys, and I come across bugs all the time of the type that I'd expect to be sacked for.

Pleased that you do, it can't be said for all IT software. The software itself might be OK but another factor contributing to the problem, it's an internet based system the problem, glitch, could reside anywhere and be due to something as simple as an upgrade or a user clicking on an incorrect parameter. IT systems are only as good as the configuration which can often be user defined, no software is as glitch free as you suggest.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 pm

part time pete wrote:Obviously you can't read the massive sign on the shop door or do you normally ignore notices and directions.

Yes, I can also read. The sign can't be massive but it was dark. And I don't like your tone.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Sneag wrote:While we're having a grumble as a ST holder I rarely buy tickets but do occassionally pick them up for friends. The last two times I've been I nipped in the shop as it was slinging it down, only to be told I couldn't get tickets via the hatch, but had to go round to the ticket window. The shop was empty at the time. This kind of jobsworthyness does my head in.

That’s just ridiculous. That needs to stop
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:32 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:
part time pete wrote:Obviously you can't read the massive sign on the shop door or do you normally ignore notices and directions.

Yes, I can also read. The sign can't be massive but it was dark. And I don't like your tone.

Sorry forgot to put the ;) ;) ;) at the end of the post
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Sneag wrote:While we're having a grumble as a ST holder I rarely buy tickets but do occassionally pick them up for friends. The last two times I've been I nipped in the shop as it was slinging it down, only to be told I couldn't get tickets via the hatch, but had to go round to the ticket window. The shop was empty at the time. This kind of jobsworthyness does my head in.

This has happened to me too. Not very customer friendly to be sent outside to the window when there is no one else around.

The other point that struck me was that the casual fan collecting a ticket from the window will not notice what is for sale in the shop. A sales opportunity is missed as a result of this new policy. I have not been into the shop since this new rule was introduced.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:44 pm

I too think that the staff in the ticket office are a bit off hand especially the lady who is in charge.She is not friendly at all.I was in sales for 40 years and always treated my customers with a smile and a helpful attitude.That is why I was a successful salesman.I am surprised she is still in a job.Having said that there is a blonde haired lady who is in there occasionally who always has a smile on her face and is very friendly.There is a young lad who also is very affable and will have friendly rapport with you.It is down to the people in charge to recognise this problem.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:24 am

Just a linked observation but did anyone else notice the queues for tickets for the Bury game at the Match Day booths. There were people still trying to get tickets long after kick off and Im surprised there havent been more observations about that in simply dealing with walk up custimers on Boxing Day.....was that really a surprise.

As for the ticket office observations I totally concur with the majority of opinions that it seems like Aunt Florrie has brought in her niece whos also recruited her best friend .....I am one of those who lives half an hour away and have also had the deep breaths and sighs asking to have the tickets posted to me rather than travel to the ground or queue up on match days.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:56 am

Does anyone from the club look at the 'Supporters Complaints' sticky?
If so, would this and the NYE party thread be better off being embedded there? Just a thought.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:51 am

I can see why they've done the hatch thing. The shop is the shop and when everyone goes in there to buy tickets with upwards of 30 plus folk crammed in queuing then nobody can access the shop. I'd imagine also with the crowded nature of those times that folks 'less than honest' will be leaving with more than just the tickets that they've paid for, y'know, a mug slipped in a pocket, a shirt/shorts slipped under a coat, a key ring etc, etc. Woah, woah, woah I hear you all cry, Stags fans stealing from their own club... it does happen. I'd imagine the office staff have had some explaining to do when the stocktake is done and they're light a couple of grand in stock. This way it's better for them to keep tabs on

So it has to be thus. One place for the shop, and one place for the tickets. In time the club are going to put a sheltered area above the ticket office windows so it'll save folk getting wet.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:33 am

Spiritater wrote:I can see why they've done the hatch thing. The shop is the shop and when everyone goes in there to buy tickets with upwards of 30 plus folk crammed in queuing then nobody can access the shop. I'd imagine also with the crowded nature of those times that folks 'less than honest' will be leaving with more than just the tickets that they've paid for, y'know, a mug slipped in a pocket, a shirt/shorts slipped under a coat, a key ring etc, etc. Woah, woah, woah I hear you all cry, Stags fans stealing from their own club... it does happen. I'd imagine the office staff have had some explaining to do when the stocktake is done and they're light a couple of grand in stock. This way it's better for them to keep tabs on

So it has to be thus. One place for the shop, and one place for the tickets. In time the club are going to put a sheltered area above the ticket office windows so it'll save folk getting wet.

As I said up top, it's a perfectly logical thing to do on matchdays when the place is rammed (the shop is totally inadequate, but that's another thread), the beef with the hatch is being expelled from the shop when you are the only customer & the attitude of the person doing the expelling.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:44 am

Sneag wrote:Does anyone from the club look at the 'Supporters Complaints' sticky?
If so, would this and the NYE party thread be better off being embedded there? Just a thought.

didnt even know there was a supporters complaints sticky.

i feel my thread warranted its own anyway ;)
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:49 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Sneag wrote:Does anyone from the club look at the 'Supporters Complaints' sticky?

Maybe there should be a complaint about the complaints. ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:57 am

Sneag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Maybe there should be a complaint about the complaints. ;)

I will PM martin, its disgraceful :lol: :lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:04 am

Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I can see why they've done the hatch thing. The shop is the shop and when everyone goes in there to buy tickets with upwards of 30 plus folk crammed in queuing then nobody can access the shop. I'd imagine also with the crowded nature of those times that folks 'less than honest' will be leaving with more than just the tickets that they've paid for, y'know, a mug slipped in a pocket, a shirt/shorts slipped under a coat, a key ring etc, etc. Woah, woah, woah I hear you all cry, Stags fans stealing from their own club... it does happen. I'd imagine the office staff have had some explaining to do when the stocktake is done and they're light a couple of grand in stock. This way it's better for them to keep tabs on

As I said up top, it's a perfectly logical thing to do on matchdays when the place is rammed (the shop is totally inadequate, but that's another thread), the beef with the hatch is being expelled from the shop when you are the only customer & the attitude of the person doing the expelling.

But then that's confusing things isn't it. You'll get to the point where someone'll say well there was only 7 of us and plenty of room in there. Where do you draw the line. Better to be cut and dried and do as it says on the tin. Therefore there's no ifs and buts. Unless you think you are special and don't need to abide by a simple directive.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:03 am

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:

But then that's confusing things isn't it. You'll get to the point where someone'll say well there was only 7 of us and plenty of room in there. Where do you draw the line. Better to be cut and dried and do as it says on the tin. Therefore there's no ifs and buts. Unless you think you are special and don't need to abide by a simple directive.

There's no confusion, it just takes an application of common sense by the customer and the staff.

Abiding by a 'simple directive' discourages me as a life long customer from buying anything in the shop and if I was a new customer being told in a snarky manner to go out of an empty, dry shop to stand in the rain so I could be served by the same person, that might just make me say 'raspberry it' to buying tickets, spending in the shop or ever spending a brass farthing on MTFC ever again.

I know you love to bitch about the apathy in the town towards the club, but the club needs to take a long hard look at some (not all) of its customer service. As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 am

I had a similar problem getting tickets for the Notts County game basically the online ticketing system... I looked on the Thursday night to see what tickets were available and the system was only showing about seven tickets in the upper West Stand and then about three tickets in the lower West Stand....

The system was showing very little availability for tickets.... I was lucky as I only needed the one ticket... my main beef with the system is the lack of ticket availability... this was Thursday evening.... if I was a relatively new supporter I’d have just thought that the game was nearly sold out and given up!!!
Imagine my surprise when I turned up on the day to hundreds of empty seats!!!
I think the club are losing a lot of business with this system!! TIN HAT ready!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 am

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:I had a similar problem getting tickets for the Notts County game basically the online ticketing system... I looked on the Thursday night to see what tickets were available and the system was only showing about seven tickets in the upper West Stand and then about three tickets in the lower West Stand....

The system was showing very little availability for tickets.... I was lucky as I only needed the one ticket... my main beef with the system is the lack of ticket availability... this was Thursday evening.... if I was a relatively new supporter I’d have just thought that the game was nearly sold out and given up!!!
I think the club are losing a lot of business with this system!! TIN HAT ready!!!

Yes, it needs to introduce a ticket master system where the ticket you selected is available for like 20mins in a wallet. Once that is up, if it hasnt been purchased its available again.

I think currently there is a 24hour refresh on it. Might be wrong as i dont use it.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
thefamilyvontrapp wrote:I had a similar problem getting tickets for the Notts County game basically the online ticketing system... I looked on the Thursday night to see what tickets were available and the system was only showing about seven tickets in the upper West Stand and then about three tickets in the lower West Stand....

Yes, it needs to introduce a ticket master system where the ticket you selected is available for like 20mins in a wallet. Once that is up, if it hasnt been purchased its available again.

I think currently there is a 24hour refresh on it. Might be wrong as i dont use it.

I got my tickets online for both the County and Bury games and from choosing them I was allowed 15 minutes to purchase or they went back on open sale, its not 24 hours like it was in the past.
Do agree though that when there are only a few tickets left online some people may think it's nearly sold out. Needs to be explained better that there are always plenty of tickets available on the day IMO.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum