{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tyler Walker

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tyler Walker

Postby ParisStag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:
James wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Then it is up to us, like with Danny Rose to show him how much we appreciate him.

Make some noise when he comes out in the line up, make some noise when his name in announced by Alan, make some noise when he rips the back of net out and make some noise at the final whistle.

The only sounds Walker will hear is the groans when he doesn't do what St.Danny does, or thats definitely the case near where i sit.

Walker has been really good for us, and to get 15 goals before January is a great achievement. If Forest want to recall him, then that's unfortunately our fault. Was always going to be a risk to rely on a loan player to be our main striker,.

Don’t sit in upper p by any chance? Some right old moaners in there!

God they even moan when the lad scores, Some fans eh!!!

Beat me to it. That bloke who sits near us has 'Rose-tinted glasses' and is overly vocal whenever Danny wins a header or when Walker does anything below standard.

It was good to hear Q block singing Tyler's name though on Boxing Day.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It all depends upon the terms of the loan. Is there a recall clause or is it a season long loan? It was reported as a season long loan. I don't think Tyler is good enough yet to play in Forest's first team in the Championship so the only benefit to Forest is if another club offers to pay Tyler's wages in full which according to some Forest fans are around £8,000 per week.

I cannot see Tyler Walker wanting to leave for a loan to another League 1 club. He is playing regularly for the Stags and will not be guaranteed a place at another side especially if the results do not go well. He has also said he wants to stay here and win promotion (see Nottingham Evening Post article below). I'm sure JR and Carolyn will do their best to keep Tyler Walker.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... st-2365034

It might just be a jealous Fat Controller trying to cause trouble because DF now has the Stags in the automatic promotion places.

This is what it's about. Money. We don't currently pay his full wage, but Forest want us to. If there's a League 1 club offering that, we've had it I'm afraid. I heard this from someone in the know back in November and unfortunately it looks like it's turning out to be true.

If you're JR, you'd probably put up the money, as it would possibly be the difference between going up or not, but it may also be down to Forest wanting him to play at a higher level or even Tyler wanting that.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:25 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:
James wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Then it is up to us, like with Danny Rose to show him how much we appreciate him.

Make some noise when he comes out in the line up, make some noise when his name in announced by Alan, make some noise when he rips the back of net out and make some noise at the final whistle.

The only sounds Walker will hear is the groans when he doesn't do what St.Danny does, or thats definitely the case near where i sit.

Walker has been really good for us, and to get 15 goals before January is a great achievement. If Forest want to recall him, then that's unfortunately our fault. Was always going to be a risk to rely on a loan player to be our main striker,.

Beat me to it. That bloke who sits near us has 'Rose-tinted glasses' and is overly vocal whenever Danny wins a header or when Walker does anything below standard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:
James wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess all clubs attract some fans who are ill-equipped to engage a balanced view.

Probably something to do with damaged genetics as a result of injudicious in-breeding.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:02 pm

At the end of the day he is a Nottingham Forest player and they will decide.

If it is about who pays what proportion of the wages maybe a compromise can be achieved. When you think of how much the Nottingham Forest wage bill is, I can't see it being a big issue.

Surely the main consideration should be what is best for TW. Is he happy staying with us until the end of the season should be the main issue. He seems to have found his feet at league 2 level and will probably continue to score goals.

A move to a club playing at a higher level could well unsettle him (he may find it more difficult to score goals against better defenders and may not get on as well with his new team mates).

Hopefully he will stay, but it is out of our clubs's hands.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:08 pm

He did an interview last week and basically said all that he cares about right now is Mansfield Town and that he's not taking any notice of anything going off at Forest or elsewhere. It came across that he's happy here especially because he's scoring goals and that he wants to stay. I think he will be with us at the end of the season and he will score 25+
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Amber Andy wrote:At the end of the day he is a Nottingham Forest player and they will decide.

No they won't if there isn't a recall clause! Fingers crossed there isn't.

It would be good to find out officially if there is or isn't a recall clause. However, we'll soon find out either way by the end of January.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:16 pm

Anyone know how long he has left on his Forest contract?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Had a look on some Forest forums. Plenty of debate about his ability but not much discussion of a recall so hopefully nothing in it.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Until 2021 mate.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:28 pm

If I was advising Tyler then I would be telling him to stop at the Stags, score 25+ goals win promotion, and then he will have his pick of clubs next season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Surely he would be better off staying.

He's got a good chance of adding a promotion to his cv and getting his first career 20 goal haul. if it is to get him in league 1 then we could very well be there next season. He will spend weeks or months gelling and getting 1t minutes from the bench. I'd rather have him playing, scoring and winning regularly at league 2 level than force all that on him.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:Hopefully another rumour, as that account gets a lot wrong.

that twitter account (exagent1) posts genuine rumours/information, some of which will be wrong of course. But much is right.

Not to be confused with the twitter account exagentdave, which is a fake account making stuff up.

A lot of the stuff he posts are rumours that can be found elsewhere on a twitter search. Still dubious as to whether it is genuine or not.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:09 pm

I wouldnt be worried about Walker leaving in jan.

There’s not really much sense to leaving the stags. He’s got 11 in 23 appearances for a club which creates sheet loads of goal scoring chances. If anything’s ng I’d say we are more likely to sign him permanently.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:07 pm

We could have a situation where forest will want to recall him or we pay for him.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 pm

I'm not sure what the 'driver' is for Forest here? Is it to: (a) further Walker's development, (b) save money on his wages, or (c) make money with a potential sale?

It would be bad form for Forest to loan him to another club having previously agreed and be mid-way through a season-long loan with us.

Either way, we need to keep our spine Olejnik, Pearce, Bishop & Walker have been a crucial part of that spine. We have already lost Bobby, it would be bad to lose any of the other 3.

Of course players like CJ, Mellis, Preston, Benning etc. are also very important to the team ...... but to lose our top goal scorer in January would be a massive blow. Hope that we can sort something out with Forest - and quickly put the rumors to bed. Speculation surrounding both Walker & Hamilton in January could be very detrimental. In the absence of getting another striker, we are relying on both of these two to spearhead us to promotion.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Would be very poor of Forest and quite unprofessional of them in my opinion. We’ve put a big financial outlay on him for a club of our size for him to be our main striker, they must have sent him here hoping/expecting him to do well? For that to be the case and then want to cut it short is poor of them. Why not do it on a 6 month deal if they wanted to reassess in January? It’s not good for Walker to be changing clubs every 6 months, he needs a bit of stability but they probably just want a couple of extra grand covering.

You could say it’s our fault for pinning hopes on a loanee but i imagine we’ll have had verbal assurances that he would stay the season when we signed the deal. Whether it’s naive or not to potentially have that pulled away is a kick in the teeth when we’ve looked after him and done exactly what they’ve wanted us to do.

Hopefully doesn’t come to fruition and Walker continues to fire us up the league and get something serious on his C.V rather than 6 month loan stints!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:29 pm

this is what Forest did with Yates last season. It wouldn't be a surprise if they do the same with Walker

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/sp ... ty-1068410
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cerfjaune » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:53 am

And it’s what they did with Duncan McKenzie many seasons ago.

In the 65 years that I’ve been supporting the Stags, Forest haven’t done us many favours.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:28 am

This is why I do not like loan players (unless a deal has been agreed to sign them). They are not our players and it is difficult to plan ahead. You are also just developing players for the benefit of another club.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:41 am

Martin Shaw wrote:this is what Forest did with Yates last season. It wouldn't be a surprise if they do the same with Walker

I see the name Jorge Grant in that article who was also on loan to county from forest a season or so ago looked a decent player for this level ‘ not sure if he’s a regular in Luton’s side at the moment .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:58 am

Martin Shaw wrote:this is what Forest did with Yates last season. It wouldn't be a surprise if they do the same with Walker

It sounds like a slightly different situation where a previous management team agreed the deal which was then rescinded when they left.

I hate to say this but I think we have to hope that Forests fortunes change with wins at Millwall and Leeds in the next couple of days, taking the pressure off their manager and provide a distraction from Walker.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:39 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:This is why I do not like loan players (unless a deal has been agreed to sign them). They are not our players and it is difficult to plan ahead. You are also just developing players for the benefit of another club.

Precisely, and they don't really care because they are on loan.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:03 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:This is why I do not like loan players (unless a deal has been agreed to sign them). They are not our players and it is difficult to plan ahead. You are also just developing players for the benefit of another club.

On the flip side, how many times have we got a striker we all wanted or who had a good rep, only for them to flop or be injury prone, yet then stuck on a lucrative long deal. Works both ways.

With a few players in the sqaud who DF was essentially stuck with. A loan of this stature was good business.

If he was recalled, the saving on his wages would surely allow us to get someone decent, either on loan or to buy if JR felt the investment was worth it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Am I reading that right ?

Are you accusing Walker of not caring ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum