{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tyler Walker

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Tyler Walker

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Tyler Walker

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:45 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Don't season long loan recalls have to be agreed by both clubs.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:47 am

That would be a huge blow for us.

This kind of thing annoys me, they send him out to go and score goals, he’s doing that and it’s going well for him and now they supposedly want to cut it short. Just let the lad enjoy it.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am

Always happens when a loan is succesful, Walker works hard and has found the net.

Florist are not struggling to score goals, they just can't defend.

Sweeney, what happens if Stoke want him back?
Last edited by oldweststander on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:55 am

Would be a kick in the teeth considering they let Grant stay at County for a season and a half at this level.

If it's gonna happen then we will have a big chunk free to splash on a replacement if rumours are to be believed. Although I'd much prefer that he stays and there's less pressure on any striker we bring in.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:57 am

Did they do the same to County with Yates or was the an initial 6 month?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 am

Think that would signal the end of our 'special relationship' with Forest.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:01 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Did they do the same to County with Yates or was the an initial 6 month?

They did with Yates yes. I think they wanted to do the same with Grant but he expressed a desire to see the season out with County as they were going well. Let’s hope Walker does the same.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am

We are a league 1 club.....we’ve just got 24 more games in league 2 to complete before it’s official !
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:05 am

Hopefully another rumour, as that account gets a lot wrong.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:12 am

Maybe Florist have an offer on the table.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:14 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Hopefully another rumour, as that account gets a lot wrong.

that twitter account (exagent1) posts genuine rumours/information, some of which will be wrong of course. But much is right.

Not to be confused with the twitter account exagentdave, which is a fake account making stuff up.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Conker » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 am

Be daft that, the loan is proving beneficial to everybody and to disrupt it all mid-way would be a stupid risk.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 am

oldweststander wrote:Maybe Florist have an offer on the table.

There’s no doubt L1 teams will be in for him. A striker scoring goals who’s parent club is willing to send out on loan, it’s a no brainer for them.

Let’s just hope Walker is happy here, he seems to get on with the squad very well, posts about us a lot, and talks about the good football we are playing and wanting to get promoted with us. That would be more beneficial than going to the top end of league 1 probably and fighting for his place. Games and goals are what’s important for him and he’s doing it here, see it out!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 am

Stag95 wrote:Think that would signal the end of our 'special relationship' with Forest.

Even more so if the league 1 club is Peterborough....
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:24 am

It all depends upon the terms of the loan. Is there a recall clause or is it a season long loan? It was reported as a season long loan. I don't think Tyler is good enough yet to play in Forest's first team in the Championship so the only benefit to Forest is if another club offers to pay Tyler's wages in full which according to some Forest fans are around £8,000 per week.

I cannot see Tyler Walker wanting to leave for a loan to another League 1 club. He is playing regularly for the Stags and will not be guaranteed a place at another side especially if the results do not go well. He has also said he wants to stay here and win promotion (see Nottingham Evening Post article below). I'm sure JR and Carolyn will do their best to keep Tyler Walker.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... st-2365034

It might just be a jealous Fat Controller trying to cause trouble because DF now has the Stags in the automatic promotion places.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:33 am

Then it is up to us, like with Danny Rose to show him how much we appreciate him.

Make some noise when he comes out in the line up, make some noise when his name in announced by Alan, make some noise when he rips the back of net out and make some noise at the final whistle.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:37 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Then it is up to us, like with Danny Rose to show him how much we appreciate him.

Make some noise when he comes out in the line up, make some noise when his name in announced by Alan, make some noise when he rips the back of net out and make some noise at the final whistle.

The only sounds Walker will hear is the groans when he doesn't do what St.Danny does, or thats definitely the case near where i sit.

Walker has been really good for us, and to get 15 goals before January is a great achievement. If Forest want to recall him, then that's unfortunately our fault. Was always going to be a risk to rely on a loan player to be our main striker,.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 am

The upside of this is that if players come here and flourish as the trio have this season then the club gets a reputation amongst the big guns a goid place to send young players to further their education, and getting quality loan players in becomes easier.

In the recent past Cox, Murray & Evans all used loans as squad fillers and I think that was reflected in the quality of players we got in and the impact they had on the first team. (Whiteman being an odd exception)

It's always frustrating when loanees move on but that is the nature of the beast.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:51 am

James wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Then it is up to us, like with Danny Rose to show him how much we appreciate him.

The only sounds Walker will hear is the groans when he doesn't do what St.Danny does, or thats definitely the case near where i sit.

Walker has been really good for us, and to get 15 goals before January is a great achievement. If Forest want to recall him, then that's unfortunately our fault. Was always going to be a risk to rely on a loan player to be our main striker,.

Don’t sit in upper p by any chance? Some right old moaners in there!

God they even moan when the lad scores, Some fans eh!!!
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:53 am

I could understand the thinking if forest did this. He's clearly doing well in L2, so the next step would he seeing if can do at L1 level.

That said, he could go to L1 in January and score goals but would still be a fair way off being 'First choice championship striker' level, imo.

Hope we can keep him but providing we could pay for and get a decent replacement I wouldn't be too miffed if they recalled him and put him in a L1 side.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 am

Sneag wrote:In the recent past Cox, Murray & Evans all used loans as squad fillers and I think that was reflected in the quality of players we got in and the impact they had on the first team. (Whiteman being an odd exception)

Kieron Freeman, Callum Elder, Louis Moult and Mardy Bell have done well after loans to the Stags although the last two made one substitute appearance between them :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:09 am

Surely we’ve not agreed to pay a rumoured 4k a week of his wages knowing that they can recall him half way through the season?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:25 am

There were rumours of Appiah coming on loan to us from Forest. This might be the extension of that rumour that rather than joining Walker, he would be replacing him.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:05 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:There were rumours of Appiah coming on loan to us from Forest. This might be the extension of that rumour that rather than joining Walker, he would be replacing him.

It was in the paper last week that Appiah is rated at £6 million so I can't see him coming to us. Would have thought there is more chance of Walker staying? Might be wrong though.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum