{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

BBC Radio Nottingham

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

BBC Radio Nottingham

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:22 am

Just looked at the Facebook Live video on Radio Nottingham's Facebook page, for the weekly edition of Slater and Stallard's "Let's all laugh at Clownty."

Interestingly, a question was asked during the live feed about whether they will be covering us next season or not, given we are doing well.

Charlie replied that an offer had been put to the club for live coverage, as it has been in previous seasons, and it was up to us.
The lack of coverage in recent seasons he said has not been "from want of trying."

Surely we have to be binning off the awful Gertie 103.2?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Re: BBC Radio Nottingham

Postby Forever Optimistic » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:35 am

As much as I hate 103.2, it boils down to the pound notes again. All depends on Dela*unty and how much he stumps up. The coverage especially away is dreadful, but if he pays the most, he can do what he wants. Personally, I’m enjoying IF for commos and interviews, and refuse to switch 103.2 on at all, but I doubt he’s bothered about me not tuning in. In the meantime, it’s his loss as the team performs like they do, and the non attending people of Mansfield.
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sunray » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:39 am

You leave most away games and there is decent coverage of the game. 103.2 plays mainly music and radio nottm gives it 5 minutes. The club needs to think of the fans and remember money is only part of the negotiations. Try demanding a better service for fans. Remember coverage is advertising more interest more fans attend
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:12 am

I love listening to it. I always listen to pre match & post match on the way home off their website. We always get good coverage on there & you can tell that Jake Garner is really enjoying his role as our commentator. He’s grown into it & got more confident & he’s rapidly becoming one of us & his commentaries are excellent.

Incidentally there’s a possibility that we could be 2 leagues above County & 3 above the Spireites come next May!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:54 am

Listen to Breakfast show on Radio Florest but never listen to any sports shows. Stopped listening to Delahunty's play thing since they abandoned us a few years ago. I will never tune in again.

Attend all home games and most away. If I cannot attend, listen to Martin and Dean on I Follow.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Should we get to League 1 and regardless of what division Clownty are in, nothing will change. 70% of Colin Fray claiming Florist played like Barcelona, 27% on the latest miserable Clownty inquest and a quick 2 minutes on us. And the sad thing is, Radio wise, its the best we've got.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:41 pm

I would have thought BBC Radio Nottingham would have offered more for the media rights than Mansfield 103.2. I stopped listening to the latter when they stopped Jason's Friday Night Sports Show and they started covering Forest and Derby.

BBC Radio Nottingham should give the Stags more coverage but they also ought to cover non-league football in Notts in more depth as well.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Madstagsfan2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I would have thought BBC Radio Nottingham would have offered more for the media rights than Mansfield 103.2. I stopped listening to the latter when they stopped Jason's Friday Night Sports Show and they started covering Forest and Derby.

BBC Radio Nottingham should give the Stags more coverage but they also ought to cover non-league football in Notts in more depth as well.

Fingers crossed they will be giving more attention to non league football next season.
:lol: :lol:
Madstagsfan2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Madstagsfan2 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I would have thought BBC Radio Nottingham would have offered more for the media rights than Mansfield 103.2. I stopped listening to the latter when they stopped Jason's Friday Night Sports Show and they started covering Forest and Derby.

Fingers crossed they will be giving more attention to non league football next season.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

On a serious note it greives me to comprehend the fact that we could still be playing 2nd fiddle to Clownty next season even though we could be 2 leagues apart. Those jokers on Woodhouse Rd who have the commo rights should engage the town with the ride we are on at the moment... at least for the away games. I Follow, sorry but there's no way I'm forking out over £100 for the stuff that was once free. Once radio commo has been killed off you just watch the prices rise season on season and the I follow thing will be a monopoly. What is it now £60? I'd not hold much faith that in 10 years time it'll be 4x that amount.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Madstagsfan2 wrote:

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

On a serious note it greives me to comprehend the fact that we could still be playing 2nd fiddle to Clownty next season even though we could be 2 leagues apart. Those jokers on Woodhouse Rd who have the commo rights should engage the town with the ride we are on at the moment... at least for the away games. I Follow, sorry but there's no way I'm forking out over £100 for the stuff that was once free. Once radio commo has been killed off you just watch the prices rise season on season and the I follow thing will be a monopoly. What is it now £60? I'd not hold much faith that in 10 years time it'll be 4x that amount.

it's £45 per year for iFollow. I pay for 2 subscriptions - one for my dad and one for me, and I think it's worth every penny. And there's a lot more to iFollow than just the commentary by the way.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Madstagsfan2 wrote:

On a serious note it greives me to comprehend the fact that we could still be playing 2nd fiddle to Clownty next season in commentary stuff even though we could be 2 leagues apart. Be pretty galling to have just goal updates of our game at maybe somewhere like Bolton whilst having to listen to Clownty's big match at Bradford Park Avenue. Those jokers on Woodhouse Rd who have the commo rights should engage the town with the ride we are on at the moment... at least for the away games. I Follow, sorry but there's no way I'm forking out over £100 for the stuff that was once free. Once radio commo has been killed off you just watch the prices rise season on season and the I follow thing will be a monopoly. What is it now £60? I'd not hold much faith that in 10 years time it'll be 4x that amount.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:42 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Madstagsfan2 wrote:

it's £45 per year for iFollow. I pay for 2 subscriptions - one for my dad and one for me, and I think it's worth every penny. And there's a lot more to iFollow than just the commentary by the way.

Before iFollow, when it was in its previous format, you could use your login details to go onto other clubs' platforms.
By doing that, you could truly appreciate just how much more content we as a club put out on a weekly basis compared to others.
I know now it has all changed to the iFollow format we can no longer access other clubs' content, but I highly doubt it has changed one bit.
Our media team are brilliant with what they do, so I concur with Martin that it is worth every penny.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Don't be surprised that we play second fiddle to the Magpies, the radio station is called Radio Nottingham not Nottinghamshire.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:30 pm

oldweststander wrote:Don't be surprised that we play second fiddle to the Magpies, the radio station is called Radio Nottingham not Nottinghamshire.

but it has a remit to cover the whole of Nottinghamshire. The name is not an indicator of its actual required reporting reach
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:01 pm

This is from wikipedia:

"BBC Radio Nottingham is a BBC Local Radio station serving the English county of Nottinghamshire. It broadcasts on FM, DAB radio and Freeview from studios located on London Road in Nottingham city centre.

Radio Nottingham is broadcast on three FM frequencies:

103.8 to Nottingham and south Nottinghamshire, from Mapperley Ridge in north Nottingham
95.5 to Mansfield from Fishpond Hill
95.1 to Newark from Beacon Hill (since January 2004)

Listeners in Nottinghamshire, north of Worksop, are catered for by Radio Sheffield broadcasting on 104.1FM from the Holme Moss transmitter and in the Mansfield area commercial station Mansfield 103.2 exists, also transmitted from Fishpond Hill."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Fair comment capacity it changes nowt.

They will always prioritise Notts C because historically more support them than us.

Similar to Delahunty's argument, more people want to listen to music on a Saturday afternoon than want full match commo of the Stage etc.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:58 am

If they do go down then next season will be all about 'walking this league and bouncing straight back up' because ????? .... you've should have got it by now, 'they are a big club and shouldn't be in non-league, they were, the oldest league club and have a devine right to remain in the EFL despite being absolute raspberry'. BBC radio Snottingham will blindly follow them expecting it will happen.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:05 am

When we went down EMT stopped showing our goals. I assume if Clownty go down EMT will not cover non-league football.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Good for Notts for their media coverage. Let's concentrate on our own.
Could Radio Nottingham broadcast coverage of Stags on 95.5 fm with the clubs agreement without affecting their Notts and Forest broadcasts?
If so, let's get a petition started to put pressure on both our media dept and Radio Nottingham to reach an agreement for the benefit of temporary absent fans. Sometimes it's not all about money it's looking after your fans.

What happens when we reach the Championship in 2020/21 and we are listening to Abba on 103.2 on Saturday afternoons and talking about local cricket at 5pm from end of March.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:55 am

The only way the beeb will come back on board with MTFC is when the shower on Woodhouse Road's preferential broadcaster agreement runs out. Hopefully this happens pretty soon and farcical situation we have with them having commo rights and choosing not to use them unless it suits them will be over.

As stated by others, when Clownty go down and we go up our club will be a laughing stock for away supporters in Lge1 when they tune into to t'Beeb whilst at the ground to listen and find commo of Notts v Basford in the Trophy instead.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 am

Spiritater wrote:The only way the beeb will come back on board with MTFC is when the shower on Woodhouse Road's preferential broadcaster agreement runs out. Hopefully this happens pretty soon and farcical situation we have with them having commo rights and choosing not to use them unless it suits them will be over.

As stated by others, when Clownty go down and we go up our club will be a laughing stock for away supporters in Lge1 when they tune into to t'Beeb whilst at the ground to listen and find commo of Notts v Basford in the Trophy instead.

I doubt away supporters will give a toss who does our radio coverage.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 am

How is your love for the club now sneagers, is it still on the slide?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:15 am

Spiritater wrote:How is your love for the club now sneagers, is it still on the slide?

Rekindled 'tater. I'm being entertained of a matchday.

Still out of love with the wider game though. Sick of EPL greed and diving cheats ruining the game.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:17 am

Good to hear bud that DF and the boys have brought you back from the edge.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum