{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Robins scorefred sponsored by Lime green jelly party time.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Robins scorefred sponsored by Lime green jelly party time.

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:57 pm

So it's been the Xmas we all dreamed about.
Two wins, Clownty 92nd :hysteria: and t'sheep tonked at home by errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Solihull Moors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing can go wrong Saturday can it ?
Does anyone think it's gonna be tough ?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Robins scorefred sponsored by Lime green jelly party tim

Postby Jimstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Best thing about being forced to watch call the midwife last night was the lime green jelly.

I wonder what Swindon think of our manager at the moment? Could he have done this at Swindon? Do they even care?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Jenny Agutter from call the midwife and lime green jelly whilst the Stags are on a promotion charge - Heaven!!

But it will be two nil to the Stags with Walker and CJ supplying the goals. Hopefully a larger crowd.

Looking forward to it (the game that is).
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:16 pm

Jimstag wrote:Best thing about being forced to watch call the midwife last night was the lime green jelly.

I wonder what Swindon think of our manager at the moment? Could he have done this at Swindon? Do they even care?

I see a lot of comments still from them regarding Preston and flitcroft 'chasing money'

3-0 win I'm going for
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:33 am

Think we should all calm down, enjoy yesterdays win and give Swindon the respect they deserve.
Saturday won't be easy, no games are, so do our business properly and we should win but oK Dons and Colchester both expected to win yesterday and didn't.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:35 am

Another fine performance please. The result should take care of itself.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Jimstag wrote:Best thing about being forced to watch call the midwife last night was the lime green jelly.

I see a lot of comments still from them regarding Preston and flitcroft 'chasing money'

3-0 win I'm going for

Well apparently they were delighted DF came here. Gone well for them since he left hasn't it? Not a fan of Swindon, another massive club far too big for League 2.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Swindon fans have changed the tune to be fair, at first they apperantly wanted rid but they were on course to get in the play-offs last season, they also ranted about a poor style of play which is ironic considering we are playing the best football I have personally witnessed at the Mill.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Conker wrote:Swindon fans have changed the tune to be fair, at first they apperantly wanted rid but they were on course to get in the play-offs last season, they also ranted about a poor style of play which is ironic considering we are playing the best football I have personally witnessed at the Mill.

DF has a reputation at all his previous clubs for playing decent football, I suspect the Swindon fans quoted were called Norman the Robin, and Robin ABC.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:Swindon fans have changed the tune to be fair, at first they apperantly wanted rid but they were on course to get in the play-offs last season, they also ranted about a poor style of play which is ironic considering we are playing the best football I have personally witnessed at the Mill.

DF has a reputation at all his previous clubs for playing decent football, I suspect the Swindon fans quoted were called Norman the Robin, and Robin ABC.

There's also currently a Posh Rob in Eastern England :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:54 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:

I bet he's loving Evans, apparently they were unlucky yesterday as Barnsley should have had a player sent off. So out of character for him to be blaming the ref. I suspect he will be gone from there by the end of the season if they don't make the play-offs.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:

I bet he's loving Evans, apparently they were unlucky yesterday as Barnsley should have had a player sent off. So out of character for him to be blaming the ref. I suspect he will be gone from there by the end of the season if they don't make the play-offs.

You can bet without actually listening to his current interviews that he needs another half dozen players and big money in January
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:09 pm

Rob wrote:

as I said at least three times, there was one Swindon fan being quoted multiple times on here as though it was multiple Swindon fans.

Then in the game at the County Ground, much was made of Flitcroft being booed. Yet it was approximately 50 fans out of a 6000 crowd. They also booed Timi Elsnik to put in context of being bonkers. https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=950
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chris M » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Spiro has missed a trick with his sponsor for score thread. Thought twelve pigs in blankets was the obvious choice. :D
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:

You can bet without actually listening to his current interviews that he needs another half dozen players and big money in January

Apparently he's got what will be "the best mid fielder in league 1" lined up on loan from Cardiff.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Chris M wrote:Spiro has missed a trick with his sponsor for score thread. Thought twelve pigs in blankets was the obvious choice. :D

Lime Green Jelly (visions of nubile young ladies in a paddling pool full of it) or Dave Flitcroft stuffing his face with sausages and bacon? Hmmmmmmmm what do you think Spartacus? You can have the casting vote.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:34 am

Another tough game this one, Flitcroft needs to keep everybody grounded as sustaining this form and position is a huge test.

They’ll take every opportunity to cross the ball with Matt Taylor on the pitch so the defence has to be on it, but hoping we can control the game in the same way we did against Bury. Can’t wait for the game already!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:40 am

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/spor ... ndon-town/

We better be careful, their manager has our physical and direct approach sussed......
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:45 am

gazza1988 wrote:https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/17323366.richie-wellens-says-mansfield-town-test-will-be-toughest-yet-for-swindon-town/

We better be careful, their manager has our physical and direct approach sussed......

His players must be thick as raspberries.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Well he’s obviously never watched us which bodes wel. Idiot.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Stags 2 Swindon 0
CJ and Tyler again
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:12 pm

5-0 tomorrow
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Swindon fans giving it large on MTFC tweets again. 4-1 stags. At least they're not telling us how raspberries Flitcroft is this time :D

:coys:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:29 am

Tbf, I'd be miffed if our manager just up and left with 10 games to go...oh wait he did, I was. They still hate him. He'll get more stick than Bury's measly attempt at "David Flitcroft, what a banker" on Boxing Day. Preston and Elsnik to get a bit too. If we aren't up for this one, I'd be very surprised. Expecting us to come out the blocks quickly.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57624.0
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:43 am

“I know David (Flitcroft) very well. His team will be land of the giants – they will be very aggressive and direct.

“We’re going to face a physical battle."

I like Richie Wellens but he really does need to sack the scouts at Swindon Town.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum