{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:21 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 pm

my detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby amber63 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:00 am

I'm going to stop reading BBC reports they are worst than the Chad reports. And that's saying sonething! It states on BBC that Stevenage took a deserved lead through Newton having had the best of play, where do they get the reports from? Certainly not from someone watching the game. Thank goodness we have your reports Martin, I can always rely on them to be fair and honest.
amber63
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 am

amber63 wrote:I'm going to stop reading BBC reports they are worst than the Chad reports. And that's saying sonething! It states on BBC that Stevenage took a deserved lead through Newton having had the best of play, where do they get the reports from? Certainly not from someone watching the game. Thank goodness we have your reports Martin, I can always rely on them to be fair and honest.

thank you. The BBC report and CHAD report were initially the same report yesterday, provided by an Agency. However the CHAD have removed that report and replaced it with mine now.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:06 am

amber63 wrote:I'm going to stop reading BBC reports they are worst than the Chad reports. And that's saying sonething! It states on BBC that Stevenage took a deserved lead through Newton having had the best of play, where do they get the reports from? Certainly not from someone watching the game. Thank goodness we have your reports Martin, I can always rely on them to be fair and honest.

To me it sounds as though it's done by some spotty 17yr old apprentice who lives in the slums of Stevenage and has supported said club since they climbed out of the mire of non league. Anyone with a modicum of impartiality... but then again anyone there could see we were the better side by a mile long street full of slums. I had the 3CR Radio commo (you know free stuff like the Beeb in Nottinghamshire should be doing for all local clubs) and they were pretty much saying we'd wiped the floor with Stevenage first half and were pretty much saying they'd got out of jail to be 1-0 up at HT.
They were impressed with us, with our resilience, our work ethic, our speed, and overall play. Nothing about being bullies, time wasting cheaters etc, etc. They want Tyler Walker back also :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:53 am

Martin, I read your reports and find them to be most informative with the short reports capturing the mood of the game quite well.

However, I feel there is something missing that detracts from the quality of the reports, the overall feel of the game and misses an important statistic on a weekly and game by game basis. Do not feel alone as this is something that the BBC and Sky Sports miss also.

This is the number of ‘Hayden White stepovers’ per game completed. A Hayden White step over on a football pitch is a sight to be hold. For a player who (please note that I am not having a go at him) at times seems to have legs that like to go in differing directions to play, each other and what his head is telling them his step overs are a sight to behold. Not only do they bamboozle the opponents and his team mates they also confuse the ‘bejesus’ out of his own fans. But long may they continue.

So, is this something that you could add to the match reports?

Just for the record, in yesterday’s game the statists were, all in the first half:
Single step overs - 1
Double step overs - 2
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 am

Perhaps Pete could stepovers to the prediction league
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:44 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Martin, I read your reports and find them to be most informative with the short reports capturing the mood of the game quite well.

However, I feel there is something missing that detracts from the quality of the reports, the overall feel of the game and misses an important statistic on a weekly and game by game basis. Do not feel alone as this is something that the BBC and Sky Sports miss also.

This is the number of ‘Hayden White stepovers’ per game completed. A Hayden White step over on a football pitch is a sight to be hold. For a player who (please note that I am not having a go at him) at times seems to have legs that like to go in differing directions to play, each other and what his head is telling them his step overs are a sight to behold. Not only do they bamboozle the opponents and his team mates they also confuse the ‘bejesus’ out of his own fans. But long may they continue.

So, is this something that you could add to the match reports?

Just for the record, in yesterday’s game the statists were, all in the first half:
Single step overs - 1
Double step overs - 2

:lol: we call him Spider-Man because at times he appears to have eight arms and legs.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:44 am

The best stat for me was that we scored from one of our four corners! :lol:

We also nearly scored from a short corner in the first half when Tyler Walker headed wide and we nearly found Neal Bishop in space for a shot on goal from our second corner. Three out of four corners were decent. Much much better. Goals from set pieces could make the difference if we are going for an automatic promotion place.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Wildin had gone down earlier with a twinge in his leg (had treatment) and you could see he was struggling as CJ burst by him to set up No3.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Luther Wildin was no slouch and had a decent game. Dino Maamria thought he was the best player on the pitch. It shows how quick CJ is to get past him although he had picked up an injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06t5st1

Dino Maamria interview at 51m 14s

It was a great move by DF to bring Danny Rose on and put CJ Hamilton at left wing back although he may have been forced into it by Mal Benning's injury.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Some match stats
…………………………………………………... Stags…………. The Boro
Possession (%) …………………………….…….59…………….. 41
Shots…….Total…………………………………. 10……………..5
…………...On target……………………………….6……………….2
……………Blocked………………………………...4……………….0
……………Off target (inc hit woodwork).....0()..................3(1)
Expected Goals…………………………………….1.8…………….0.6

Corners…………………………………………….. 4……………….5
Offside ……………………………………………...0……………….3
Fouls……………………………………………..….5……………….6
Cards (Yellow/ Red)........................2/ 0…………….1/0
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum